ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

People were knocking Boston early in the season....

I don't get this. Boston was not playing well the first several games but people took those criticisms as though people were saying she wasn't a good player. Only the completely clueless said things like that. But it's clear that she is having to learn a completely new way of playing her position and she only had 2.5 weeks before the season started to do it. It's clear she is getting better, she's not all the way there yet but she will get there. The fact that she looks well on the way to completely retooling her game in a single season is a credit to her skill as a basketball player.

I don't get this. Boston was not playing well the first several games but people took those criticisms as though people were saying she wasn't a good player. Only the completely clueless said things like that. But it's clear that she is having to learn a completely new way of playing her position and she only had 2.5 weeks before the season started to do it. It's clear she is getting better, she's not all the way there yet but she will get there. The fact that she looks well on the way to completely retooling her game in a single season is a credit to her skill as a basketball player.
I think more than that, she has her game conditioning back over the past few weeks. She’s playing noticeably different now than the first few weeks of the season in her on court movement.

Was she playing with a migraine today?
If so, probably felt compelled to compete because of the sellout.

I think more than that, she has her game conditioning back over the past few weeks. She’s playing noticeably different now than the first few weeks of the season in her on court movement.
I'm starting to think it had a lot more to do with not knowing what she was supposed to be doing out there, where she needed to be, and what decisions she needed to be making that made her look tired.

I’m not mad at Sides for subbing her in defensive situations. She probably had no clue CC needed one more board for the TD. There’s plenty of other reasons to be critical of Sides. Personally, I’d rather see them get the W. They needed a win after the collapse against Chicago.
I don’t care about taking CC out at the end, but I guarantee the Fever have an assistant on the bench that their only job is keeping track of stats.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

Here are 4 examples where 4 different posters said she wasn't a good player.

Doesn't matter whether it's the city or the basketball player: Boston sucks.

Frustrating? You're being kind. She sucks.

Haha, Boston sucks

How else can we make the wnba suck even more? More touch fouls on Clark! Idiots. Also boston sucks terribly

I heard K-Mart once say Caitlin would get really bad migraines but kinda forgot about it.

That sucks, hope she finds some therapy or meds or whatever down the road for 'em.
They have tons of meds these days for migraines, just have to find the one that works for her. Took me about three different ones before I found the right one. They now have one you can take every day that keeps you from getting them, that may be the way for her to go.

Haha, Boston sucks

How else can we make the wnba suck even more? More touch fouls on Clark! Idiots. Also boston sucks terribly
We say that about our own men’s players

In therapy there's the concept of "guilt vs shame", with guilt coming from what you do and shame coming from what you (feel you) are.

Early in the season Aliyah Boston should have felt guilt for sucking. She's now playing better and doesn't suck.

On the other hand, sucking is an intrinsic part of the City of Boston and they don't have the ability to change for the better. They should feel shame for that, but they don't because they suck.

"BUT CAITLIN DOESN'T HAVE A MIDRANGE GAME THO!!!!"................

0:19
0:50
2:13
3:37
4:22
5:35
5:41
6:13
6:42
7:12
7:48
7:53
9:16

Please stop.

P.S. after watching these highlights, at least one of 3 things is infallibly true right now regarding her shooting:
- Caitlin is playing on tired legs
- She is overthinking/letting coaching get in her head
- the WNBA ball is trash
I'm gonna keep bumping this until someone responds......... :)

Well hellfire, Tarausi giving Caitlin some bilingual love (that sounded kinda naughty) ...

edit to add: good for DT, classy by her to be so gracious.
Actually have to give Diana credit.

She handled the press conference well & said the right things.

I still think she’s madly jealous of Caitlin.

But who in the WNBA isn’t??

Well hellfire, Tarausi giving Caitlin some bilingual love (that sounded kinda naughty) ...

edit to add: good for DT, classy by her to be so gracious.
Here's a translation of her first comments which I think is very accurate. In Spanish her comments were even more complimentary it seems:

The truth is she is a phenomenon. She's a crack (as in crack shot) since she was a child, what she's done in college, the truth is incredible. And in her first year to be playing at such an elite level and what she's doing for the sport of basketball is incredible and looking at what she's going to be doing in the future, the fact is, it fills me with great anticipation.

 Wow DT ... don't you start making me like you!

My sense is that Diana is kind of a free spirit and is riding high on the wave of a good life. She seems to be having a lot of fun and you could kinda sense it on the court today. She’s a force, even at 42. Some of her earlier comments struck me as bitter—like taking Paige before CC—but maybe she’s just playing up the moment a bit, or is understandably a little jealous of this demigod-like attention she never received. She seems solid.

My sense is that Diana is kind of a free spirit and is riding high on the wave of a good life. She seems to be having a lot of fun and you could kinda sense it on the court today. She’s a force, even at 42. Some of her earlier comments struck me as bitter—like taking Paige before CC—but maybe she’s just playing up the moment a bit, or is understandably a little jealous of this demigod-like attention she never received. She seems solid.
She is definitely one of those individuals where "you don't have to like them, but you can still respect them" applies.

Actually have to give Diana credit.

She handled the press conference well & said the right things.

I still think she’s madly jealous of Caitlin.

But who in the WNBA isn’t??
She felt the blowback from her previous ridiculous comments and that's the only reason she's saying these things. She's an egotistical, jealous, a-hole.

This. She got humbled big time. She couldn’t say anything else. She’s already showed her true colors beforehand. She’s in damage control.
I think you guys are over-emotional with your panties in a bunch tbh.

SVP asked "KAMILA'S coming, Caitlin's coming, THERE'S MORE THAN JUST THAT COMING. What will the league have in store for THEM when they get there?"

Taurasi “Look, SVP. Reality is coming. There’s levels to this thing. And that’s just life, we all went through it. You see it on the NBA side, and you’re going to see it on this side...."

This was never just about CC, she previously called CC her and Sue Bird's love child. Y'all really look to find anything to be slighted/disrespected about it's crazy to me.

"But, but she said she would take Paige over CC." Well maybe she would, Paige was originally a higher ranked player before injuries, NPOY as a freshman, better defender. I wouldn't take her over CC but doesn't mean nobody can have that opinion.

She's 3x WNBA champ, 1 MVP, 2 Finals MVP, 5x scoring champ, WNBA career scoring leader by over 2,000 points, 5x Gold medalist.

Haha, Boston sucks

Being frustrated with shitty play during the game probably isn't the best way to judge people's overall opinion. Not a player exists that hasn't had that said about them. But when people had time to objectively think about it they usually would conclude that she was playing poorly, not a crappy player. And if they didn't, well, those were the clueless people I was talking about.

Reactions: amahawk
She felt the blowback from her previous ridiculous comments and that's the only reason she's saying these things. She's an egotistical, jealous, a-hole.
I'm not sure what caused it but it's nice to see it happen. I hope that she has had an honest change of opinion but I also hope that someone in charge of the league has finally realized that shitting all over the future of the game is a bad idea. Maybe reminded these players that the next TV contract is up next year and they should all finally be getting paid because of her unless they cause her to miss half the season for some reason.

SVP asked "KAMILA'S coming, Caitlin's coming, THERE'S MORE THAN JUST THAT COMING. What will the league have in store for THEM when they get there?"

Taurasi “Look, SVP. Reality is coming. There’s levels to this thing. And that’s just life, we all went through it. You see it on the NBA side, and you’re going to see it on this side...."

This was never just about CC, she previously called CC her and Sue Bird's love child. Y'all really look to find anything to be slighted/disrespected about it's crazy to me.

"But, but she said she would take Paige over CC." Well maybe she would, Paige was originally a higher ranked player before injuries, NPOY as a freshman, better defender. I wouldn't take her over CC but doesn't mean nobody can have that opinion.

She's 3x WNBA champ, 1 MVP, 2 Finals MVP, 5x scoring champ, WNBA career scoring leader by over 2,000 points, 5x Gold medalist.
Yes. It is about all the rookies. She's jealous and catty about all of them. It's not just CC. The point still stands. She can't take it that no one cared about her all these years and that she couldn't bring eyes to the league. Now CC mainly, but also the other rookies are bringing in viewers and she's all mad thinking she's been slighted all these years.

Let's also not forget about her talking shit about CC not being on the Olympic team because she didn't win a championship in college saying she won 3. Yeah dumbass, you were on a team full of 5 star all-americans. CC would have 4 championships with that roster.

She's an idiot. I'm not overreacting. Go back and watch her smirky bullshit interviews and commentary going way back to when CC was still in college.

Being frustrated with shitty play during the game probably isn't the best way to judge people's overall opinion. Not a player exists that hasn't had that said about them. But when people had time to objectively think about it they usually would conclude that she was playing poorly, not a crappy player. And if they didn't, well, those were the clueless people I was talking about.
Boston was getting a ton of hate from our board. Was she playing great at the beginning of the season? Clearly not. Was it taking awhile to get used to playing w/CC and getting used to a new offense of pick and rolls? Clearly. And she's only in her 2nd year as well.

Boston was getting a ton of hate from our board. Was she playing great at the beginning of the season? Clearly not. Was it taking awhile to get used to playing w/CC and getting used to a new offense of pick and rolls? Clearly. And she's only in her 2nd year as well.
I think she came into the season out of shape. That's why I was talking shit about her. She was slow getting up and down the floor when that was the best offense the Fever had. She's gotten into game shape over the last two months and that's why she's playing better. Of course, gelling with new players has also helped but I believe it's mainly her cardio.

The dismissive way she dismissively said she’d draft the UCONN player over her as the first pick was the most pathetic, petty, ridiculous response someone could have given. She’s legit jealous and she just got humbled. Reality sucks for her right now and it’s glorious!

Yes. It is about all the rookies. She's jealous and catty about all of them. It's not just CC. The point still stands. She can't take it that no one cared about her all these years and that she couldn't bring eyes to the league. Now CC mainly, but also the other rookies are bringing in viewers and she's all mad thinking she's been slighted all these years.

Let's also not forget about her talking shit about CC not being on the Olympic team because she didn't win a championship in college saying she won 3. Yeah dumbass, you were on a team full of 5 star all-americans. CC would have 4 championships with that roster.

She's an idiot. I'm not overreacting. Go back and watch her smirky bullshit interviews and commentary going way back to when CC was still in college.
Like this one?

Or only the ones you want to infer intent on?

I think she came into the season out of shape. That's why I was talking shit about her. She was slow getting up and down the floor when that was the best offense the Fever had. She's gotten into game shape over the last two months and that's why she's playing better. Of course, gelling with new players has also helped but I believe it's mainly her cardio.
Do you know this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT