ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Not sure if you watched the entire interview, but she wasn't really coming off all that salty. Yeah she said it was their Super Bowl but larger point was that they came in hungry for the W and they've been building and improving as a team.
I'd have to disagree. Saying something is someone's super bowl has always been an insult. The implication being is that this is the most important thing for the season for them, that this is what makes or breaks the entire year, it's the goal/end game. I don't know if she truly intended it that way and it was just poorly worded, but it's a bad look for Sabrina either way. If she had left the super bowl part out and kept everything else, it wouldn't come off as salty.

The Fever have a very strong nucleus of young players - AB -22, CC -22, N Smith -23, Lexie - 24, & Kelsey -28. They all are improving before our eyes. And, they will continue to get better individually and as a team. This is something to build on, not blowup.

The Fever's top priority is picking up a couple lock-down defenders. That's the area where they need help. They are near bottom in the league in points scored against. Every team in the league has multiple tough one-on-one defenders. The Fever have zero.

8 teams make the playoffs.

Right now Indiana is the #7 seed and are just 2 games out of the #6 seed.

The 2 time defending WNBA Champion Las Vegas Aces? They currently are the #5 seed.
Now if only most other teams played as many games as the Fever so far...

Checking the last 4 games before the break, I'd like to see us win 3 of the 4:

vs Mystics
vs Mercury
@Lynx
@Wings

Lynx will likely be a loss. Luckily we have Mercury at home. Both Mystics and Wings games are very winnable.

On the other hand, the Sky have a brutal last 4 games with two against the Liberty and one against the Aces. Would be huge if they dropped all of them.

The Fever have a very strong nucleus of young players - AB -22, CC -22, N Smith -23, Lexie - 24, & Kelsey -28. They all are improving before our eyes. And, they will continue to get better individually and as a team. This is something to build on, not blowup.

The Fever's top priority is picking up a couple lock-down defenders. That's the area where they need help. They are near bottom in the league in points scored against. Every team in the league has multiple tough one-on-one defenders. The Fever have zero.
Aside from Dijonai Carrington, Aerial Powers is likely the best defender available for 25 though she's probably more of a role player than starter.

Now if only most other teams played as many games as the Fever so far...

Checking the last 4 games before the break, I'd like to see us win 3 of the 4:

vs Mystics
vs Mercury
@Lynx
@Wings

Lynx will likely be a loss. Luckily we have Mercury at home. Both Mystics and Wings games are very winnable.

On the other hand, the Sky have a brutal last 4 games with two against the Liberty and one against the Aces. Would be huge if they dropped all of them.
Compare the Fever and Sky schedules in September. Fever: 2 of 8 on road; Sky: 5 of 9 on road, with two trips to Minnesota, 1 to Vegas, 1 to Connecticut, and 1 to Atlanta.

Reactions: MplsHawk
Why are they playing games at 11 am and noon on Wednesday?

GR7ajdsWcAIHow0

ESPN has really gone down the tubes. These takes are annoying, for sure, but at the same time it is kinda fascinating watching all of these Black female "experts/analysts" doing nonstop mental gymnastics to make their case that Angel should be Rookie of the Year. At least we all know what is driving their thoughts.

Sabrina has been good to CC, but that quote makes her sound very salty. I think she wanted that sweep.
That statement doesn't bother me at all. How many times has Iowa used that to justify getting beat by Iowa State? I mean...well, there was a time that would happen. It's been a while, but I remember.

Anyway, nothing wrong with being upset over losing. That's a competitor statement and it isn't downplaying her individual achievements. And actually, it's a comment that fits more for the team anyway. I'm not sure how accurate the statement is though. The Fever are a much, much better team than they were a month ago.

Compare the Fever and Sky schedules in September. Fever: 2 of 8 on road; Sky: 5 of 9 on road, with two trips to Minnesota, 1 to Vegas, 1 to Connecticut, and 1 to Atlanta.
Yeah ,thats tough,but the difference is they are playing those teams after a season of playing together as a team and figuring roles out. Compare that to the shit schedule where the Fever are playing those teams 11 game in 20 days. No comparison.

Yeah ,thats tough,but the difference is they are playing those teams after a season of playing together as a team and figuring roles out. Compare that to the shit schedule where the Fever are playing those teams 11 game in 20 days. No comparison.
That schedule to open the season was absolutely brutal. I am still trying to make sense of how that happened.

So, even with the WNBA pass, I cannot watch a game played in Seattle because Chicago is involved and Chicago is our so called local team? Is that how this nonsense works?
Apparently. Being on Marquee. I wasn’t happy about it either.

The rumor was that the league wanted to front-load the Fever’s schedule to get people hooked on watching Caitlin on TV right away. I don’t know how true.

I wouldn't give the WNBA credit for that much foresight, they seem to have the administrative capabilities of a small-town softball league. I'm surprised four teams haven't shown up to an arena to find out the league double-booked it.

I wouldn't give the WNBA credit for that much foresight, they seem to have the administrative capabilities of a small-town softball league. I'm surprised four teams haven't shown up to an arena to find out the league double-booked it.
To your point, how in the f*ck is it possible that the Fever play at 11 am on a Wednesday this week? It does not appear there is a schedule conflict for another event at Gainbridge arena, and even if there was, couldn't they play at Purdue or Indiana?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT