ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

at this point with injuries, she appears to be a long lost relative of Tony Moeaki.

200w.gif

I think we can subscribe to the sentiment of the comment posted to this article:

Ori Arbely posted

“ At this stage we have to ask, is Caitlin Clark already the GOAT for boosting up ratings? Obviously, the ratings for her last tourney run were insane and seems like the ratings for the W are just as crazy. Not having a game reach million+ for over 15 years and then just casually reach that mark whenever Clark is involved this year is wild. I don’t remember a single athlete having that much impact”.

While I agree she is important to the team, I don't think anyone is advocating cutting her. Rather, I think the idea is to trade her for someone who better complements Caitlin. Whether that person exists or whether the trade would actually upgrade team are another story.
After seeing pretty much every team this year I'm not sure there's a trade like that available. Mitchell can score. They are better in transition and it helps CC's game to have someone like her. Clearly if you could find someone better that's great but after seeing pretty much every team I don't think you're going to find that. The Fever's weakness's are in the Forward court at both positions.

She is a really good player, but at this point with injuries, she appears to be a long lost relative of Tony Moeaki.
Temi is a good 12-15 minutes a game player. Can give Boston a break at the 5 and runs the floor well and can play a little power forward as well.

After seeing pretty much every team this year I'm not sure there's a trade like that available. Mitchell can score. They are better in transition and it helps CC's game to have someone like her. Clearly if you could find someone better that's great but after seeing pretty much every team I don't think you're going to find that. The Fever's weakness's are in the Forward court at both positions.
Yeah, I agree. The need another big that can defend, and then a 3 that can knock down open 3s. I would love to see them pick up a horse at the center position so Boston could move to the 4 like Karl Malone. The 3 doesn't need to be a freaky athlete, just a great shooter. Could almost be like a Kyle Corver or Robert Horry, in terms of playing style.

Temi is a good 12-15 minutes a game player. Can give Boston a break at the 5 and runs the floor well and can play a little power forward as well.
I think she can get most of the minutes at the 4, if she can stay healthy. She was playing a lot better than Smith before she got hit with the injury bug.

Look at the available free agents for 2025, Griner and Ogwumike would be interesting additions...

• Wow
Reactions: Hawksfor3
Look at the available free agents for 2025, Griner and Ogwumike would be interesting additions...
Watching Griner she is clearly heading the wrong way. The time away from the game and just age seems to have done a bit of a number on her. She's painfully slow right now and I don't see that getting better. In my opinion Boston is best suited to be a Center. Runs the floor well and has nice soft hands. Has pretty limited range as a scorer. Obviously Ogwumike would be a top 2-3 get for any team. Just not sure how that works in the W. She would instantly make them a top 4-5 team moving forward.

Watching Griner she is clearly heading the wrong way. The time away from the game and just age seems to have done a bit of a number on her. She's painfully slow right now and I don't see that getting better. In my opinion Boston is best suited to be a Center. Runs the floor well and has nice soft hands. Has pretty limited range as a scorer. Obviously Ogwumike would be a top 2-3 get for any team. Just not sure how that works in the W. She would instantly make them a top 4-5 team moving forward.
She is getting older but she still is averaging 18 and 6, with almost 2 blocks per game. Who knows though, maybe she retires when Taurasi eventually retires.

I'm seeing a few posts suggesting the Fever should blow up their roster and get rid of Mitchell. I think that is crazy. Mitchell is a dynamite player. She's lightning fast and a good shooter, a pure scorer. The Fever would be 5-20 without her.
You know you get to replace her with someone talented too. Mitchell is far from irreplaceable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT