ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Why is she bringing the ball upcourt??
On the double dribble, it was the first play of the game. Smith stole the ball. She was alone on a fast break, no one around her, she took a couple dribbles, picked the ball up while running and then started dribbling again. Everyone was like WTH?!? Her other travel calls were when she was trying to drive, or maneuver.

Go to the 20 second mark at the very beginning to see:

Last edited:
Because she has the lowest basketball IQ on the team? There were multiple times last where Smith would get the defensive rebound and look to take it on her own while CC was 3-5 feet from her clapping for the ball. Most of the times she gives it to her but that 2-3 second wait kills the fast break. Can’t stand it.
That's what I love about Boston and KLS. They can't get the ball out of their hands fast enough to Clark.

She was too impatient to give it to the guards.
I was really amused by Catlin tossing her arms up pretty much signaling "Like WTF dude!!!"

I'm getting pretty tired of Smith lumbering to the rim, gathering herself like she's going to throw down a monster dunk, and then getting nosliW imprinted on her face.

Just get to the rim quickly, get a shot off, draw/create contact, and go to the line like every other hack does.

Last edited:
He also gave her a Reebok shoe deal. Gotta promote the brand.

Yeah, we do need to keep in mind. Some of this is just posturing. What the hell are they gonna say, I like Shaquille O’Neal a lot actually, but he has to support her. These ladies at ESPN do not have to. And the more they do the stupider they look.

Last edited:
Reactions: VodkaSam
There isn’t much (or any) talent difference between these 2 teams.

No as another said, maybe you, Dallas likely has more talent. Arike, from a basketball standpoint, not publicity, but just basketball was probably a bigger snub than CC not making the Olympic team and their interior players are better than all of our interior players with the exception of Boston..

Odyssey Sims is a fantastic basketball player as well.

Reactions: littlez
I was really amused by Catlin tossing her arms up pretty much signaling "Like WTF dude!!!"

I'm getting pretty tired of Smith lumbering to the rim, gathering herself like she's going to throw down a monster dunk, and then getting nosliW imprinted on her face.

Just get to the rim quickly, get a shot off, draw/create contact, and go to the line like every other hack does.
That's so funny. And true. There are times when she's about 8-10 feet from the basket w/nobody around her after a pass from CC and then she dribbles into contact (sometimes 1 person, sometimes 2) and rarely finishes but almost always ends up on her ass on the floor. You're a Power forward. Take the wide open 8 foot jumper. Please. Her and Angel are fighting to see who can get blocked the most. Its insane.

I'm not sure of that. Sabrina's last 6 or so games she has absolutely been going off. If they win the title and she keeps this up she would certainly have a case for it.

Maybe, but I think Aja is having an other worldly year, and even that will piss people off.

CC is not the league MVP. There's no way in heck anyone but Aja wins it this year unless she collapses in the back half of the season. And she is entirely deserving of a unanimous selection for the award this year.

But CC does deserve at least some 3rd or 2nd place votes. She's going to average a line that has never been seen before in the league and has been challenging or breaking league records, not just rookie records. With her on the court the Fever look to be a low-level playoff team. Without her would they even have 5 wins at this point? What happens when she goes to the bench? They look like a middle school team. Her ability to control the team's offense is pretty much unprecedented.

Definitely, but it will piss people off she is even in the conversation 🤷‍♂️
Not if she keeps playing the way she is playing. I know everyone on here hates Sides as a coach but I think even she realizes now that it's time to quit running a basic offense and let her deal. And she is. I mean Wheeler didn't even get off the bench last night she was so good. I think your time on Twitter is clouding your overall judgement on this. The majority of people (and talking heads) are coming out and saying she's clearly the rookie of the year. Look at the difference from the first few games to now. When she was getting blitzed at the beginning of the year she had that deer in the headlights look. Now she's getting rid of the ball almost before it comes. And she's basically unstoppable in the pick and roll. The other thing last night I loved is when she took to the ball to the hoop and then used that extra 2 lbs of muscle and muscled one in in the 2nd half. If she keeps this up she's easily top 5 at the end of the year.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Not if she keeps playing the way she is playing. I know everyone on here hates Sides as a coach but I think even she realizes now that it's time to quit running a basic offense and let her deal. And she is. I mean Wheeler didn't even get off the bench last night she was so good. I think your time on Twitter is clouding your overall judgement on this. The majority of people (and talking heads) are coming out and saying she's clearly the rookie of the year. Look at the difference from the first few games to now. When she was getting blitzed at the beginning of the year she had that deer in the headlights look. Now she's getting rid of the ball almost before it comes. And she's basically unstoppable in the pick and roll. The other thing last night I loved is when she took to the ball to the hoop and then used that extra 2 lbs of muscle and muscled one in in the 2nd half. If she keeps this up she's easily top 5 at the end of the year.

Yes and you are right to call me out for that…

BIG mistake on my part.

You know I can get pissy & I’m embarrassed. With that said I don’t make things up and there is a very petty, racial, narrative out there. On reflection, I’ve decided it’s not nearly as wide or rather I should say it’s actually pretty narrow, with all that said I was really talking about Sabrina. If Sabrina sneaks up and wins the MVP there will be some pissed off people..

She has some skill, BUT basketball is a TEAM game, and she has NO concept what that means.
Sides getting so much hate every time they lose a game. Cmon boys. She’s actually done almost everything we’ve asked for. On offense she’s pretty much 100% handed the reigns to CC and said have at it. And it’s working beautifully. 24-19. The roster is not Sides fault. Again, the Fever have the worst Forward court in the league. Samuelson has no value or position. Smith as an overall 2 pick adds nothing either. She’s playing Samuelson to spread the floor for CC, Mitchell and Boston to operate. That is working. Players have to make open shots. Hull plays her ass off and hits a few shots. But she also seems to miss key wide open ones late. They have nobody on the bench that can play. They need better players. Plain and simple.
I really have to agree with @littlez on this. They've made significant progress given the roster. CC and Boston are playing together like two all league players after only 20 some games. Thats impressive and speaks to their skill and Basketball IQ. The rest of the roster is a dumpster fire. Frankly I'd trade Mitchell for another ex buckeye, JC Sheldon in a heartbeat.....

• Love
Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT