ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

This is a pretty good article chronicling her firsts and records set so far, and there are still a lot of games left. The opening of Dan Patrick this morning also had a lot of great things said about her - link also below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pawkhawk1
CC needs to improve her 3-point shot and the team needs to work on layups and figure out how to cut way down on turn overs. Better defense wouldn't hurt either.

One final thing to keep an eye on is the single season assist record of 316. She has 202. So with 14 games left, to break the record in the regular season, she needs to average 8.2 a game. She is currently averaging 8.2 a game, and as we know is trending up. She could actually smash the record if she finishes the season out like she has played the past 5 games.

Reactions: spiderland
One final thing to keep an eye on is the single season assist record of 316. She has 202. So with 14 games left, to break the record in the regular season, she needs to average 8.2 a game. She is currently averaging 8.2 a game, and as we know is trending up. She could actually smash the record if she finishes the season out like she has played the past 5 games.
She currently has 213 assists, leaving her 104 away from beating the record. That's less than 7.5 assists per game the rest of the way.

Of note, she's averaged 11.4 over her last 10 games. Even pulling out last night's performance she's still at 10.4 over the previous 9 games.

If she stays healthy, that record is falling.

She currently has 213 assists, leaving her 104 away from beating the record. That's less than 7.5 assists per game the rest of the way.

Of note, she's averaged 11.4 over her last 10 games. Even pulling out last night's performance she's still at 10.4 over the previous 9 games.

If she stays healthy, that record is falling.
My bad. I pulled the stat from an article I read this morning - garbage in garbage out. Unless she gets injured, she is going to obliterate the record.

CC needs to improve her 3-point shot and the team needs to work on layups and figure out how to cut way down on turn overs. Better defense wouldn't hurt either.

She's literally playing the entire game. Unlike at Iowa, where Lisa hid her deep in a zone, she's actually having to stay in front of the offensive player. She openly admitted that she was tired. She doesn't have her legs at all. Just wait until after this break.

Just a reminder—KLS was the 4th overall pick in the 2019 WNBA draft. That’s unbelievable. What an indictment of a trash league.

Been saying this, The fact that all these rookies, including Jacy Sheldon, even play meaningful minutes is unusual and few of them are even polished until year, 3, 4, 5… keep in mind Sabrina is now in her fifth year.

In the NBA, they attract the best talent in the world, Leonie Fiebich of the New York liberty who is starting to play quite a few meaningful Minutes got drafted in 2020 and didn’t show up to play until this year. There were three foreigners drafted in the first 10 picks this year that elected to stay home and prepare for the Olympics, they don’t get the best talent overseas Because they don’t pay for it like the NBA does .

She's literally playing the entire game. Unlike at Iowa, where Lisa hid her deep in a zone, she's actually having to stay in front of the offensive player. She openly admitted that she was tired. She doesn't have her legs at all. Just wait until after this break.
100% this. And teams are trying to make her go through a fair amount of pick and rolls which is pretty taxing defensively. Which makes what she's doing even more impressive right now. She's playing real/true defense for honestly the first time in her life and she's getting way better. All the while pushing the pace the entire 40 minutes on the other end because Sides has realized even playing Wheeler 5 minutes a game kills them.

Been saying this, The fact that all these rookies, including Jacy Sheldon, even play meaningful minutes is unusual and few of them are even polished until year, 3, 4, 5… keep in mind Sabrina is now in her fifth year.

In the NBA, they attract the best talent in the world, Leonie Fiebich of the New York liberty who is starting to play quite a few meaningful Minutes got drafted in 2020 and didn’t show up to play until this year. There were three foreigners drafted in the first 10 picks this year that elected to stay home and prepare for the Olympics, they don’t get the best talent overseas Because they don’t pay for it like the NBA does .
That's about to change. Thanks CC!

Reactions: cmhawks99
I'm sure they asked both of them.

You more than ask Sabrina & Caitlin to be in the 3 point contest. If you have to, you pay the winner (example: $100,000).

Do what you gotta do. Hell, you'd sell TV ads to at least partially pay the $100,000 (or whatever the amount is).

Wanna grow the game? Get Sabrina & Caitlin to partake in the 3 point shooting contest.

Shit; have Caitlin play a game of horse with an NBA player, while you're at it. She shoots a logo 3; see if the NBA player can make it.

Think outside the box, WNBA.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
My bad. I pulled the stat from an article I read this morning - garbage in garbage out. Unless she gets injured, she is going to obliterate the record.
Yep. I’m going conservative with 350. Breaks record by 34 (over 10%). That’s with her averaging 9 apg here on out. Imagine if Aliyah (not dogging on her) had been ready to go right out of the gate. Next year, 400+ is almost expected.

Sue Bird holds the WNBA career assists record at 3,234. That was over a 19-year career. Caitlin could conceivably break it in under 10 years, possibly as few as 8? If she stays healthy, of course.

Vandersloot will most likely break it first. But she won’t hold it for long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT