ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Looks like smith has beef with her touches on offense. Maybe being hangry drives her to make such dumb decisions driving to the hoop, turning it over and over and over, or jacking up long range jumpers when she can’t even make free throws. If she would just use that athleticism and get out on fast breaks and make open layups, her numbers wouldn’t be down from last year. Personally, I would prefer temi and Dantas, bringing smith off the bench on SS necessary.

Looks like smith has beef with her touches on offense. Maybe being hangry drives her to make such dumb decisions driving to the hoop, turning it over and over and over, or jacking up long range jumpers when she can’t even make free throws. If she would just use that athleticism and get out on fast breaks and make open layups, her numbers wouldn’t be down from last year. Personally, I would prefer temi and Dantas, bringing smith off the bench on SS necessary.

Mustard shouting out for her girl. Maybe she can help her on ft’s

Reactions: spiderland
To be fair to Seimone Augustus, she set the record in only 34 games. Clark has had 39.

Caitlin, however, on average, is scoring and assisting on WAY more points.

Seimone scored & assisted on around 25 ppg; CC is scoring & assisting on around 36 ppg.

Big difference.

.......................Year.......Games...Minutes....Points....Rebs....Assists
Seimone....2006.........34............33.1...........21.9........3.8..........1.5
Caitlin.........2024.........39............35.8..........19.5........5.7..........8.4

And right on cue, here’s Sheila, the VP of Layup Logistics. Well timed, W.
It took me until about a week ago to realize that was her title and her name was Sheila Swish. She needs to be fired if that is her job. ;)
Yeah they're killing me. Had a chance to move ahead of the Sky.
I really want the Sky to make the playoffs. I don't want to have any chance of them stealing the #1 pick in the draft lottery.

I could be dead wrong, but I really feel her bball iq is low. As the team has gotten better, more structured, more focused, her effectiveness has suffered.

I could be dead wrong, but I really feel her bball iq is low. As the team has gotten better, more structured, more focused, her effectiveness has suffered.
I've posted this a few times in this thread, but there were a run of games in the middle of the season where it sure looked like she was playing stoned. Add to that a low basketball iq relative to her peers, and desperation to "get hers" when she touches the ball, and horrible defense, and I cannot wait for her to leave. Hopefully they leave her unprotected in the expansion draft and someone takes her off the Fever's hands.

It took me until about a week ago to realize that was her title and her name was Sheila Swish. She needs to be fired if that is her job. ;)

I really want the Sky to make the playoffs. I don't want to have any chance of them stealing the #1 pick in the draft lottery.
I would be shocked if LA didn't get the #1 pick, so they can team up Paige, Brink, and Jackson.

Could the Fever finish 0.500?

At 14-16, they’d need to win 6 of their last 10. Of those 10, 7 are at Gainbridge.

The 3 road games are Chicago, Dallas, and Washington. Each one of those is very winnable. But as we’ve seen with this Fever squad, any game is losable as well (in a square off between Christie Sides and a wet paper bag, I’m going with paper bag 10 out of 10 times).

Let’s say they win 2 of those on the road.

Of the 7 home games, 3 are against LA, Dallas, and Atlanta. Gotta hold serve against teams like that at home to have any chance at 20 wins. So that would give them 5.

They would then need to win JUST 1 of 4 against the Sun, Lynx, Aces, and Aces. Not easy. But these are all in Indy. Interestingly, Connecticut is the only top 4 team the Fever have yet to beat this year. Maybe tomorrow night is Indy’s night?

Bottom line: while it wouldn’t be easy, there is a path to 20 wins that is doable. Who here thought that at the end of May? It will all depend on how far Boston, Mitchell, Hull, and CC can carry them.
Had to go back and find this to remind myself that just three weeks ago, the Fever were sitting at 14-16, and 20 wins were far from a done deal. Interesting to see that they have followed this exact path to get there, with Boston, Mitchell, Hull, and CC (plus credit to Temi and Dantas) carrying them, even in spite of the boat anchor that is Christie Sides. @Tenacious E you said 21 so let’s go win Thursday night! CC with 39 to hit 800 and 9 threes to break SI’s record!!

Caitlin, however, on average, is scoring and assisting on WAY more points.

Seimone scored & assisted on around 25 ppg; CC is scoring & assisting on around 36 ppg.

Big difference.

.......................Year.......Games...Minutes....Points....Rebs....Assists
Seimone....2006.........34............33.1...........21.9........3.8..........1.5
Caitlin.........2024.........39............35.8..........19.5........5.7..........8.4
She also broke the record on 45 less field goal attempts. So there's that.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Had to go back and find this to remind myself that just three weeks ago, the Fever were sitting at 14-16, and 20 wins were far from a done deal. Interesting to see that they have followed this exact path to get there, with Boston, Mitchell, Hull, and CC (plus credit to Temi and Dantas) carrying them, even in spite of the boat anchor that is Christie Sides. @Tenacious E you said 21 so let’s go win Thursday night! CC with 39 to hit 800 and 9 threes to break SI’s record!!
That would be fun. Also, now that the technical foul scare is over, she can go Bobby Knight and throw a chair on the floor.

• Love
Reactions: spiderland and DTP2
It's so refreshing to hear an accurate description of Sides. "Boat anchor" is pretty darn good. Totally agree that the Fever are not winning because of Sides, but in spite of Sides. Seems like even Wheeler is playing better, even with sparse minutes.

I would be shocked if LA didn't get the #1 pick, so they can team up Paige, Brink, and Jackson.
Honestly, I think at this point, Beuckers to Chicago would be a horrible spot for her. She would not fit in with Reese or Carter, if she stays, not to mention that Angel will have to spend all her energy keeping Paige from taking up all the attention as the next shiny toy rookie in 2025, leaving Angel to become an afterthought, which her ego will never allow for, even though it's absolutely what's best for her if she cared more about winning than social status and money...................

Btw, typing that reminded me of the fun times when Angel Reese fans were saying she was better than Caitlin because she had way more followers on Instagram and Twitter (I sh** you not)...........Great stuff. I laughed. :)

And next year I will be disappointed if she isn’t flirting with 800+/400+. She’s gonna come pretty damned close to 800 this year, and gawd knows she should have finished north of 400 this year if only her teammates could have learned to handle her earlier and were more consistent finishers.
Absolutely. Those are just the markers she's passed so far with a game left. There certainly not her ceiling. I'd expect her to come out of the gate next season much better then this year, especially if they resign Mitchell and get even one more decent player.

I was unaware of the “patient call” exception to a foul in the rule book. Silly me. I thought it was either a foul or not a foul. Of course, I’m not certain the refs know.
Without question. Thats why I said it was a cop out. That just shows they can't make a decision without thinking it over, and why there so many damn replays.

Honestly, I think at this point, Beuckers to Chicago would be a horrible spot for her. She would not fit in with Reese or Carter, if she stays, not to mention that Angel will have to spend all her energy keeping Paige from taking up all the attention as the next shiny toy rookie in 2025, leaving Angel to become an afterthought, which her ego will never allow for, even though it's absolutely what's best for her if she cared more about winning than social status and money...................

Btw, typing that reminded me of the fun times when Angel Reese fans were saying she was better than Caitlin because she had way more followers on Instagram and Twitter (I sh** you not)...........Great stuff. I laughed. :)

Exactly why PB to Chicago is the best scenario for the Sky.

Chicago essentially doesn't have a shot at the #1 pick. In the trade that sent Mabry from Dallas to Chicago, remember Chicago has already traded her away, Dallas got the right to swap first round draft positions with Chicago this year. So, if Chicago wins the lottery and/or gets a higher position than the Wings, presumably Dallas will swap. Either way, Chicago will end up with a decent pick as Dallas will miss the playoffs. And, they might have another first round pick; not sure.
Maybe they will bring Morrow home and reunite with Reese.
I see Matt beat me.

Since we're talking about next season already, I wouldn't mind the fever drafting Ayoka Lee. Realistically they will only have cap room for one rookie, if any at all. I know she isn't exactly fleet of foot, but it would be nice to have a big body to bring off the bench when we are playing teams with a lot of size.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT