ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Caitlin has a significantly higher attempted than 3PA than the top 15, with only three other players being remotely close to her attempts. She shoots in quantity. Her 3PM increased after the season resumed because she had a break for a month. But as time has gone on it's been getting worse. Reaching a crescendo these last few games. Watching her in college as opposed to the WNBA is almost staggering how much different her shots look.
She had a higher 3 pt percentage this year than she did in her junior year in college, so there’s that.

CC finished #30 in the WNBA in 3 point shooting (34.4%). Her 355 attempts were the most of the top 30.

Other notables:
#11: Kelsey Mitchell, 40.2%
#18: Marina Mabrey, 37.7%
#21: Kelsey Plum, 36.8%
#29: Arike Ogunbowale, 34.6%
#30: Caitlin Clark, 34.4%

Just saw a replay from a different angle. If that was not intentional, then pigs fly.
I'll take the other view point and say it wasn't intentional. It was a foul, and the WNBA needs to address the "shot to the head" crap that you see every single game. Make those plays reviewable, or at the least call the damn foul every time it happens regardless of "circumstances". Also....
935750.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Hawksfor3
CC finished #30 in the WNBA in 3 point shooting (34.4%). Her 355 attempts were the most of the top 30.

Other notables:
#11: Kelsey Mitchell, 40.2%
#18: Marina Mabrey, 37.7%
#21: Kelsey Plum, 36.8%
#29: Arike Ogunbowale, 34.6%
#30: Caitlin Clark, 34.4%
And NONE of those players stretch the defense out and expand the floor for her team mates like CC22. There isn't an NBA player who shoots from as deep as Clark. What metric measures what she does to a defense? There isn't one because NO ONE has ever done what she's doing.....

I'll take the other view point and say it wasn't intentional. It was a foul, and the WNBA needs to address the "shot to the head" crap that you see every single game. Make those plays reviewable, or at the least call the damn foul every time it happens regardless of "circumstances". Also....
935750.gif
I'll agree that the League needs to step up and address the shots to the head, and maybe overhaul or replace the trash who call themselves referees. But, you're saying what she did looked like a normal basketball play???

Sides (or anyone in the organization) could leverage this incident to the Fever's advantage Wednesday. She could cool Carrington's shit and get some calls from the officials. But of course, she'll say nothing. How do you not stick up for your francise player? In addition to being dumb, Sides is a whimp.

And NONE of those players stretch the defense out and expand the floor for her team mates like CC22. There isn't an NBA player who shoots from as deep as Clark. What metric measures what she does to a defense? There isn't one because NO ONE has ever done what she's doing.....
If you consider her routinely shooting from 27 feet and the opposition having to guard her out there, that means Fever opponents have to guard about 23% more area in the half court game than they have to for any other team. I’ve seen haters hate on her for being “selfish” in taking those shots. They just don’t get it.

Reactions: DewHawk
More on this topic - I just remembered how Dawn Statley wanted the whole Iowa team arrested for hate crimes and felony assault because Bluder stated the game was going to be a "bar room brawl." That's how it's done. Caitlin about got blinded purposefully and Sides can even utter a word.

More on this topic - I just remembered how Dawn Statley wanted the whole Iowa team arrested for hate crimes and felony assault because Bluder stated the game was going to be a "bar room brawl." That's how it's done. Caitlin about got blinded purposefully and Sides can even utter a word.
She just nods her head as the players speak.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
If you consider her routinely shooting from 27 feet and the opposition having to guard her out there, that means Fever opponents have to guard about 23% more area in the half court game than they have to for any other team. I’ve seen haters hate on her for being “selfish” in taking those shots. They just don’t get it.
They had measured her average shot at 28 and 1/2 so yes, she is changing the spacing on the floor for the defense. This why Boston and Mitchell have space to move and one on one opportunities.

Midseason ESPN had Caitlin as the #15 ranked player.

Now she is #5.

WNBA Playoffs 2024: A'ja Wilson and the Top 25 Players​

1. A'ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces
2. Napheesa Collier, Minnesota Lynx
3. Breanna Stewart, New York Liberty
4. Alyssa Thomas, Connecticut Sun
5. Caitlin Clark, Indiana Fever

The Full Story:

Reactions: RIGHTWINGHAWK
So damn obvious--she and Mabrey re-enacting her take-an-eye-out technique. The wnba is full of trash.

Not a peep from the league or the commisioner. Not a peep from Sides or the Fever. No where else in HS, college, or professional sports would there not be consequences for intentionally trying to maim someone. The WNBA is trash. Sides is a coward.

If I were coach I'd announce that my player are not safe here and we're going home.

I'll agree that the League needs to step up and address the shots to the head, and maybe overhaul or replace the trash who call themselves referees. But, you're saying what she did looked like a normal basketball play???
That's what I am saying. If you can find the tweet, watch DC's eyes, they are on the ball the whole time. To me it looks like she thought CC22 was going to shoot a 3 instead of passing. The contact to her face was inadvertent.

Again, it should have been called a foul, and again the WNBA refs are garbage, and again DC is trash but if you think about it, CC22 has been hit far worse and nothing was called.

These women are never going to admit that the Selection Committee royally f'd up by not putting Caitlin Clark on the Olympic team.

Watch the mental gymnastics:

Carter says, "When I talked to members of the Olympic Commitee the questions were of fatigue, of rest, and the physicality in FIBA rules and the lack of continuity with team USA."

1) I don't remember fatigue and rest ever being mentioned at the time. This is retroactive reasoning.

2) Regarding physicality I guess the Committee is in the company of Geno and the likes on that one. Congratulations.

3) Continuity with the team. That didn't seem to matter much when DT was selected to the team as a rookie. In 2024 "Continuity with the team" = "She ain't one of us."

I guess the all-time leading scorer in the NCAA simply /= "I won three National Championships" said, ofc, by DT.

Not a peep from the league or the commisioner. Not a peep from Sides or the Fever. No where else in HS, college, or professional sports would there not be consequences for intentionally trying to maim someone. The WNBA is trash. Sides is a coward.

If I were coach I'd announce that my player are not safe here and we're going home.
Fever need an enforcer. A Kent Hill type. Fvck suspension and or fine—Caitlin can easily compensate for that.

Carrington gonna do something like what she pulled on Sunday? Fine; that b!tch gonna get fvcked up. Maybe a strong inbounds pass directly off her face. Would love to see that b!tch with a broken nose. Love, love, love.

The rest of the league needs to get the message that if the front office isn’t going to do anything to protect Caitlin, that doesn’t mean you’re not going to pay a price for trying to take her out. And a severe one at that.

Didn't read it cuz it sounds like another tired attempt at saying Caitlin just happened to come along at the right time.

Caitlin isn't the fuel, she IS the fire.

Caitlin "The Fire" Clark?
She is the fuel and the fire, in my book. You could shine a thousand bright lights on the league before/without Caitlin and most people DGAF. She is high octane fuel and brought her own matches.

She is the fuel and the fire, in my book. You could shine a thousand bright lights on the league before/without Caitlin and most people DGAF. She is high octane fuel and brought her own matches.
In my small world:
  1. Family member A, 70+, is team MAGA and keeps a list of CC games to watch this week because she and her husband just love to watch CC play. I never mentioned CC to this person.
  2. Family member B is 27 and is from Florida and now lives in Baltimore. She was never an Iowa fan or even a sports fan. I never talked about Iowa to her. She is team Taylor Swift/Kamala. She got season tickets to the Washington Mystics so she can watch CC play in DC. Never misses a game.
  3. Family member B's father who is a huge Gators fan and alumni now watches all CC games because of his daugthter.
  4. Family member C's husband is an avid sports fan and started watching CC at Iowa in 2022. Never misses a game on the WNBA
Myself, I have been watching Iowa women's basketball since Megan took off in 2017. But I never mentioned it to my family members. It's crazy to me. Insane. And I never saw myself keeping up with CC when she went to the WNBA.

The only reason I mentioned politics is about how different they are and yet how how they all follow CC.

Last edited:
In my small world:
  1. Family member A, 70+, is team MAGA and keeps a list of CC games to watch this week because she and her husband just love to watch CC play. I never mentioned CC to my mom.
  2. Family member B is 27 and is from Florida and now lives in Baltimore. She was never an Iowa fan or even a sports fan. I never talked about Iowa to her. She is team Taylor Swift/Kamala. She got season tickets to the Washington Mystics so she can watch CC play in DC. Never misses a game.
  3. Family member B's father who is a huge Gators fan and alumni now watches all CC games because of his daugthter.
  4. Family member C's husband is an avid sports fan and started watching CC at Iowa in 2022. Never misses a game on the WNBA
Myself, I have been watching Iowa women's basketball since Megan took off in 2017. But I never mentioned it to my family members. It's crazy to me. Insane. And I never saw myself keeping up with CC when she went to the WNBA.

The only reason I mentioned politics is about how different they are and yet how how they all follow CC.
There are a lot of unexpected bedfellows on this Caitlin journey, lots and lots of them.

Last edited:
Fever need an enforcer. A Kent Hill type. Fvck suspension and or fine—Caitlin can easily compensate for that.

Carrington gonna do something like what she pulled on Sunday? Fine; that b!tch gonna get fvcked up. Maybe a strong inbounds pass directly off her face. Would love to see that b!tch with a broken nose. Love, love, love.

The rest of the league needs to get the message that if the front office isn’t going to do anything to protect Caitlin, that doesn’t mean you’re not going to pay a price for trying to take her out. And a severe one at that.
I agree completely.

But I still think Caitlin needs to just truck these little gnats like Carrington, Sheldon, Canada, herself. More direct message.

Since they get all up under her just get your legs tangled up and fall HARD on them. Correctly done, and correctly called, it's a foul on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT