ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Oh I agree, completely. I would just like to see the Fever go even one step further.

These b!tches wanna have a physical league? Fine, let’s go old school NHL. Find out what would have happened to someone who had ever tried to cheap shot Gretzky. Clean this sh!t up in a hurry.
Having a legit OG like Cheryl Miller on the sidelinse would be a good start. She wouldn't take any of this shit that we've been watching.

Well...

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN
Lol, very true, the league WAS a dumpster fire.

Maybe Caitlin is more like ...

Camping Kelly Clarkson GIF by The Voice

A warm and inviting campfire around which everyone can make music ... and money.

But the League be like ...

Water Day Loop GIF by Pi-Slices

No WNBA game had hit the million-viewer mark since 2008.
Then Caitlin arrived.

Clark’s playoff debut scores big despite NFL

by Jon Lewis
Sep 24, 2024
USATSI_24301825-1-750x375.jpg

Sep 22, 2024; Uncasville, Connecticut, USA; Indiana Fever guard Caitlin Clark (22) looks to pass the ball defended by Connecticut Sun forward Brionna Jones (42) in the first quarter during game one of the first round of the 2024 WNBA Playoffs at Mohegan Sun Arena. Mandatory Credit: Mark Smith-Imagn Images

Despite airing in the thick of an NFL Sunday, Caitlin Clark’s playoff debut still delivered a milestone audience for the WNBA.

Sunday’s Fever-Sun first round WNBA playoff Game 1 averaged 1.84 million viewers on ABC, marking the largest WNBA playoff audience in any round since the deciding Game 2 of the 2000 WNBA Finals (Liberty-Comets: 2.12M), and the most-watched outside of the WNBA Finals since Game 2 of the Sparks-Comets 1999 Western Conference Final (2.62M).

Indiana’s blowout loss was the most-watched WNBA game to ever air on an NFL Sunday, surpassing Game 2 of the 2003 WNBA Finals (Sparks-Shock: 1.28M).

It was the 24th WNBA game this season to cross the million-viewer threshold (and 25th total telecast including the WNBA Draft), with Caitlin Clark having played in all-but-three (23 Fever games and the WNBA All-Star Game).

Prior to this season, the record for million-viewer audiences in a WNBA season was 15 in 1998. No game had hit the million-viewer mark since 2008.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sett1997
Fever need an enforcer. A Kent Hill type. Fvck suspension and or fine—Caitlin can easily compensate for that.

Carrington gonna do something like what she pulled on Sunday? Fine; that b!tch gonna get fvcked up. Maybe a strong inbounds pass directly off her face. Would love to see that b!tch with a broken nose. Love, love, love.

The rest of the league needs to get the message that if the front office isn’t going to do anything to protect Caitlin, that doesn’t mean you’re not going to pay a price for trying to take her out. And a severe one at that.
They should be bouncing Carringtons head off the floor like a basketball. Send a message and that shit will stop.

Fever win and force a series deciding game 3 in Indy
I was hopeful that the playoffs would usher in some common sense with the officiating but after watching Game 1 it's clearly not happening. So unfortunately I don't see any way Indiana keeps the game close unless we get a crew that calls those fouls inside. Poor Lexi has joined Boston and CC on the receiving end of horrendous calls. At least the writing seems to clearly point to Sides being gone at the end of the season. Also it's a win win for me on Wed. Lose and I don't have to watch this cheating league again. Win and I get to watch CC try to overcome 8 on 5 one more game.

1.8 million viewers tuned in for Caitlin Clark's playoff debut amidst an NFL Sunday.

Only 2 WNBA *FINALS* in league history have averaged higher viewership.

GYP6p6VXoAAahbK

Since Caitlin has fans everywhere it is my hope that at UConn away games some fans will hold up signs mocking Geno for this.

I'd like to think I'm not normally that that vindictive, but this dude was so arrogant and so wrong he deserves it.
It's nice that lifelong douchebags like Geno, Mulkey, Swoopes, etc. are finally being recognized for how miserable they really are.. add that to the list of CCs accomplishments

Since Caitlin has fans everywhere it is my hope that at UConn away games some fans will hold up signs mocking Geno for this.

I'd like to think I'm not normally that that vindictive, but this dude was so arrogant and so wrong he deserves it.
I have lost all respect for Geno the DB. He is so effing smart he never even recruited the best Woman's BBall player in history.

I have lost all respect for Geno the DB. He is so effing smart he never even recruited the best Woman's BBall player in history.
Yep.

And on that topic, Caitlin, to my knowledge, only has stated she wanted to be recruited by Geno. Understandably, a feather in her cap. But has she ever made it clear that she would have gone to UConn? Some people seem to assume so, but I'm not so sure.

I am sure, like others have said here, that she would have been a production line UConn star and nothing like the Uber Star Bluder allowed her to be.

If you think that, in real time, her eyes were on the ball the whole time, then your eyes are better than most who take the position of mal intent. Come on now. The eye can see more than that, even in real time.
Yep, and you add that to Mabrey giggling with Carrington about it afterwards and I think it's a slam dunk case.

If the media and powers that be are not gonna challenge Dinglebert about this some YouTuber should. They would get a ton of clicks.

Yep.

And on that topic, Caitlin, to my knowledge, only has stated she wanted to be recruited by Geno. Understandably, a feather in her cap. But has she ever made it clear that she would have gone to UConn? Some people seem to assume so, but I'm not so sure.

I am sure, like others have said here, that she would have been a production line UConn star and nothing like the Uber Star Bluder allowed her to be.
She said she was not going to go to UConn. She just wanted to be recruited by them. Caitlin was Notre Dame all the way until she made the best decision of her life.

Wow, Caitlin's game draws more than 4 times as many viewers as the other three games.

Not to belabor the point, but if Caitlin was merely the fuel we wouldn't be seeing disparities like this. Undoubtedly she has given them a bump, but Caitlin remains the exploding Supernova that everyone can't take their eyes off.

Caitlin/Iowa was still much more popular than Caitlin/Indiana Fever.

Iowa's 2024 NCAA Tournament run:
3.23M viewers vs Holy Cross
4.9M vs W Virginia
6.87M vs Colorado
12.3M vs LSU
14.4M vs UConn
18.9M vs South Carolina (All-Time College WBB Record)

I didn't know she was with Smith. You think Smith hates Clark too?
user-expressly-acknowledges-agrees-downloading-83604212.jpg
I can't speak as to whether Smith hates Clark, as I haven't seen any indication of that. However, if a player was in a relationship with another player who inflicted harm to a teammate, then we're looking at a conflict of interest. Since the relationship is ongoing, doubt will continue to be there. Solution: Remove from the team the party involved in that, and eliminate the conflict of interest. Dunn?

She said she was not going to go to UConn. She just wanted to be recruited by them. Caitlin was Notre Dame all the way until she made the best decision of her life.
Okay, thanks for clarifying it for me and others. As I said, some people seem to assume she would have gone.

these 2 are romantically involved????
I thought everybody knew that already. We discussed that in another thread this weekend. I said it would be interesting to see if CC22 and Carrington escalated things just who's side Smith would be on. I don't think we'd be happy with which way she'd go either.....

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Caitlin: "The bitch, of course, is lying. She hit me intentionally. And hopefully I am using the correct pronoun but someone should tell THEY to cut THEIR freakin' fingernails."

Watch for yourself! :)

The league needs to man up and start suspended players for their actions before there is an all out brawl. The league seems scared to punish players, I think I know why too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT