ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

The unbalanced schedules are still a headshaker. One team has played 11 games...another only 6 and two others only 7. WTF?!
Supposedly, the league wanted to frontload the Fever's schedule to take advantage of the Clark Effect. By televising their games on a regular basis early on, fans would get hooked on watching. That sure backfired.

Supposedly, the league wanted to frontload the Fever's schedule to take advantage of the Clark Effect. By televising their games on a regular basis early on, fans would get hooked on watching. That sure backfired.
Did it?

I've been busy all weekend with events. But, I listened to sports radio a lot. CC dominated the last 24-48 hours on sports talk. of course there is no NFL right now. there is I think NBA and hockey. Anywho, two or three things shocked the crap out of me and I was not expecting this at all from a pro organization. I never saw WNBA before, but this was shocking.

#1. the national sports talk radio guys { most of them} came to the conclusion that the women of the WNBA are basically very jealous and petty, so they are beating on CC. and the fever teammates do not come to her aid at all. this is 7th grade girl middle school crap. should be more mature by the time you are a pro.

#2. the hype and big ticket sales are unsustainable at this point. { not really shocking} plus, people may be now tuning in to see drama and beat downs rather than 3 point shots made.

#3. I have not even watched much pro men since jordan. I am not a huge b-ball fan, however, I do watch NFL. I know for a fact skill levels and everything, maturity , everything- changes when you jump from the NCAA to the NFL or NBA. it just does. This does not look like much difference, from the NCAA to the WNBA. yes maybe the game is a little more skilled, but the stupid immaturity is tough to watch. these girls are a bunch of 7th graders basically. most of them. being professional means being professional.

The league is run by idiots.

Clark should have had games on prime time tv today and Wednesday when they knew nothing would be on TV with the NBA finals starting Thursday. The nba finals were always starting Thursday so no excuse.

The league lets its own players devalue their own product with thug ball and junior high level pettiness and jealousy.

The league is run by idiots.

Clark should have had games on prime time tv today and Wednesday when they knew nothing would be on TV with the NBA finals starting Thursday. The nba finals were always starting Thursday so no excuse.

The league lets its own players devalue their own product with thug ball and junior high level pettiness and jealousy.
never really thought about who is running the show at the top, so who is running the show?

Well, I thought I'd only be interested in Fever and Aces games. All of a sudden I wanted to watch all the teams that had played Fever to beat up on each other. Mission accomplished by the WNBA to attract more eyeballs.

The referee’s are the problem here. I don’t blame the veteran players, they are going hard after Caitlin as they would any rookie superstar. They will foul her hard every time, “ hey rook welcome to the league “ where the problem lies are the fouls still need to be called.
The foul from Carter happen because the refs were letting the hard fouls go and it escalated to what we saw Saturday. They didn’t even call it flagrant, just a common foul. Come on call the game the right way and while Caitlin will take her lumps, the integrity is still intact and the escalation wouldn’t happen.

Really happy to see these big personalities sticking up for Clark and saying what needs to be said.

Stephen A and Shannon did a great job arguing against Molly. She continually tried to downplay the issue, but they wouldn't let her. Her argument eventually culminated into saying "we can't let the league baby CC". Which isn't what people are saying. We're just tired of watching her getting annihilated without repercussions.

I've watched about 15 actual game minutes from the start of the season, and really don't see myself watching any more this year. I realize the Fever are (is?--I hate proper English) a bad team, but the basketball is just hard to watch. I haven't seen Kate play yet, and certainly there is talent out there, but it simply doesn't get me to care. Admittedly I don't watch the NBA at all either because I remember when basketball was an actual skill instead of just assing you're opponent down to the box and street ball, but it is what it is....and I just don't care about it. Feel bad for CC as she wanted to play in the league so badly, and these thug morons are too friggin stupid to realize they're shooting themselves in the foot, but the uneducated are where they are for a reason.

And yes, get off my lawn.

Really happy to see these big personalities sticking up for Clark and saying what needs to be said.

Stephen A and Shannon did a great job arguing against Molly. She continually tried to downplay the issue, but they wouldn't let her. Her argument eventually culminated into saying "we can't let the league baby CC". Which isn't what people are saying. We're just tired of watching her getting annihilated without repercussions.
I never thought CC would make national news by being treated badly by professional adults

I agree. When Angel had a flagrant foul against her, the player was ejected. Just the way it should be. Caitlin is far from being babied.

Reactions: Moral
NEW: Statement from Chicago Sky Coach Teresa Weatherspoon on Chennedy Carter Foul

"Physical play, intensity, and a competitive spirit are hallmarks of Chicago Sky basketball. Chennedy got caught up in the heat of the moment in an effort to win the game.

She and I have discussed what happened and that it was not appropriate, nor is it what we do or who we are. Chennedy understands that there are better ways to handle situations on the court, and she will learn from this, as we all will.

As a team, we will grow together and continue to work hard to display strong leadership and set a positive example for our competitors, fans, and partners."

-Head Coach Teresa Weatherspoon

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
NEW: Statement from Chicago Sky Coach Teresa Weatherspoon on Chennedy Carter Foul

"Physical play, intensity, and a competitive spirit are hallmarks of Chicago Sky basketball. Chennedy got caught up in the heat of the moment in an effort to win the game.

She and I have discussed what happened and that it was not appropriate, nor is it what we do or who we are. Chennedy understands that there are better ways to handle situations on the court, and she will learn from this, as we all will.

As a team, we will grow together and continue to work hard to display strong leadership and set a positive example for our competitors, fans, and partners."

-Head Coach Teresa Weatherspoon

I'm not 100% sure it's just a heat of the moment thing. a lot of people think there is some sort of conspiracy or designed and planned program to get CC and everyone is involved in the WNBA. or most are involved. I do applaud this coach for saying it was not appropriate though.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I'm not 100% sure it's just a heat of the moment thing. a lot of people think there is some sort of conspiracy or designed and planned program to get CC and everyone is involved in the WNBA. or most are involved. I do applaud this coach for saying it was not appropriate though.
Exactly right. Several of these "occurances" have seemed to be pre planned. We'll see what happens if we get another incident when we play the Sky again, and if so what "Spoon" does about it. At least the player is on notice. Her social media makes it appear that she thinks this was the way to play, and as we've found out she has a history with multiple teams of this kind of behavior. Coach didn't address that either.....

Exactly right. Several of these "occurances" have seemed to be pre planned. We'll see what happens if we get another incident when we play the Sky again, and if so what "Spoon" does about it. At least the player is on notice. Her social media makes it appear that she thinks this was the way to play, and as we've found out she has a history with multiple teams of this kind of behavior. Coach didn't address that either.....
Heat of the moment, my ass. There's an informal bounty among the hood girls. It's going to continue until someone gets ejected

Last edited:
I've watched about 15 actual game minutes from the start of the season, and really don't see myself watching any more this year.

I'm not far behind on not watching anymore. I saw that my wnba league pass just charged me for another month, but I'm canceling after this month and I'm not going to sit inside and watch a terrible league on nice summer days/evenings.

This espnw talking head says that it is the new fans that are sucking the f&^%ing life out of the wnba. Took all of the fun out of the league. It's not the old racist gatekeeper fans or some of the older players, it's the new fans. Well Elle, many of us are ready to let you keep your old wnba because the product is hard to watch.

I'm not far behind on not watching anymore. I saw that my wnba league pass just charged me for another month, but I'm canceling after this month and I'm not going to sit inside and watch a terrible league on nice summer days/evenings.

This espnw talking head says that it is the new fans that are sucking the f&^%ing life out of the wnba. Took all of the fun out of the league. It's not the old racist gatekeeper fans or some of the older players, it's the new fans. Well Elle, many of us are ready to let you keep your old wnba because the product is hard to watch.

She is right in that it is an exhausting unnecessary culture war, but she misdirects her venom at new fans. It is ironically apropos.

Last edited:

I've decided that I'll only watch Aces/ Fever games this season. Wanted to support the whole league but I think that ship has sailed. I'm going to be in Chicago this weekend and thought about going to a Chicago Sky game but f that

I think Elle just blabbed the secret code.
Agree.

I find it funny that all of those old black ladies that were covering Caitlin during March Madness were painfully faking it that they liked or even cared about her.

Elle Duncan letting her colors fly. Monica McNutt did the same this morning to Steven A Smith.

Hell, maybe even add Boston to that list. Her play this year & non-response to all of the Caitlin cheap shots has me wondering. 🤔

Kind of adds a new stain on anything those women talk about during college hoops.

Probably gonna get their wish.

447664442_760218769581247_805103010520327956_n.jpg

Kind of adds a new stain on anything those women talk about during college hoops.

Probably gonna get their wish.
If my viewing habits are anything like the other new fans’ viewing habits, at first we watched fanfare and pregame stuff, but now we watch none of it, watch something else during fever halftimes, and never watch a second of any game which isn’t Caitlin…

If my viewing habits are anything like the other new fans’ viewing habits, at first we watched fanfare and pregame stuff, but now we watch none of it, watch something else during fever halftimes, and never watch a second of any game which isn’t Caitlin…
I’m similar.

Won’t watch a second of any game that’s not Caitlin.

Loved Martin & glad she’s doing well but only Caitlin moves the needle for my viewership.

Now it’s to the point that I’ll only watch Caitlin if I catch that her game is on.

Even then I can only watch spurts of the game & turn the channel when she’s on the bench.

WNBA is just horrible to watch compared to college women's b-ball.

Especially the Iowa teams the last few years.

I’m similar.

Loved Martin & glad she’s doing well but only Caitlin moves the needle for my viewership.

Now it’s to the point that I’ll only watch Caitlin if I catch that her game is on.

Even then I can only watch spurts of the game & turn the channel when she’s on the bench.

Pretty similar but we seek out Caitlin and will watch if we don’t have something else going on.

I'll keep watching to see how she is progressing in spite of the antics we see culminating into cheap shot dead ball situations. Will try to keep up with The Meg and Kate as well. The W for me, in watching my first season, has been disappointing and at times infuriating. Credit to Dunn, as a former player and champion, for calling out the League for for essentially turning a blind eye as to what CC has been going through. I'm sure she sees things clearly enough to say enough is enough. I'll continue to try to watch Fever and Aces games, but I will most assuredly not be viewing others.

I’m similar.

Here’s an interesting thought experiment: how many points do you think Sydney Affolter is averaging right now if she had Kristy Wallace’s starting spot. At least double figures, right? And that puts CC easily in double digits on assists, too. I’ll bet CC’s 3 percentage goes up significantly as well if she just had one other teammate who could shoot from the outside. I guess we had no idea what we had with those Iowa WBB teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT