ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Womens college basketball seems to be a better overall production, and if Clark struggles or the fever suck all year people will lose interest but here I am on a Friday night watching lol

It sure seems like Clark couldn't have started her WNBA career off in a worse situation. If she can somehow turn this dumpster fire around, that might be more impressive than all of her college accomplishments. This is some of the worst basketball I have ever watched, and I don't think that's hyperbole.
Well, you haven't had to watch my school's girls basketball team play. One time I was there late to get some work done and I stepped into the game to see the score. It was 42 to 4. In the 3RD QUARTER!

But, yeah, at the professional level it is almost inexcusable. On the other hand, when you only give teams 2 weeks to prepare and from what I can tell there are basically zero off season workouts, the league kind of sets them up for this.

Well, you haven't had to watch my school's girls basketball team play. One time I was there late to get some work done and I stepped into the game to see the score. It was 42 to 4. In the 3RD QUARTER!

But, yeah, at the professional level it is almost inexcusable. On the other hand, when you only give teams 2 weeks to prepare and from what I can tell there are basically zero off season workouts, the league kind of sets them up for this.
What work did you need to do?

I'm just astounded by how much contact they allow in the WNBA. It's not fun to watch at all. Kills any talent and makes it so that only big bruising players are successful.
And I think the refs sent a message with those two illegal screens on the Fever that teams will continue to be allowed to mug CC on the perimeter without any reprisal.

Reactions: longliveCS40
The Fever have come out on a mission. So far this year, however, they have been unable to keep the good play going for more than short stretches.

Reactions: cmhawks99
And so far in this second half they haven’t screwed around with playing her off the ball

I mean, what can anyone expect when you get drafted by a team who was bad enough to get the number one pick two years in a row? Get thrown into highest-level professional games 2-3 weeks after being drafted and having played a full college season. It's only what six games into the season and I'd be ready to flush it. Take this year to acclimate, take some rest time in the offseason, come back better next year.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
I mean, what can anyone expect when you get drafted by a team who was bad enough to get the number one pick two years in a row? Get thrown into highest-level professional games 2-3 weeks after being drafted and having played a full college season. It's only what six games into the season and I'd be ready to flush it. Take this year to acclimate, take some rest time in the offseason, come back better next year.
I didn't realize until recently that this is only Christie Sides second season as head coach as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT