ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Other than the 3-pt shooting, the Fever look a lot better this half.
They need to keep finding ways to score inside and from the mid range.

Hounding defense on the perimeter means something else will be open inside if you look for it.

And if they sag and dare a struggling team to shoot outside then you just need to move the ball a little more to entice the defense to move and get the matchups you want.

Settling for 3s, even if they're open, and especially when you're building a brick house, is a recipe to kill any momentum you could've had.

She's gonna need to find another place on the floor to score because otherwise she's gonna be stuck on 5 for the rest of game, unless she gets to the FT line......

I didn't realize until recently that this is only Christie Sides second season as head coach as well.
And I didn't realize until I looked it up that the Fever haven't made the playoffs since 2016 in a league where 8 of 12 teams make the playoffs...

Not impressed with Sides' coaching in what games I've watched so far. She's either clueless on personnel rotations or just trying to throw darts at the wall and see what sticks. Looking it up, doesn't look like the average WNBA coach gets more than 2-3 years to figure it out.

And I didn't realize until I looked it up that the Fever haven't made the playoffs since 2016 in a league where 8 of 12 teams make the playoffs...

Not impressed with Sides' coaching in what games I've watched so far. She's either clueless on personnel rotations or just trying to throw darts at the wall and see what sticks. Looking it up, doesn't look like the average WNBA coach gets more than 2-3 years to figure it out.
Yeah I doubt she will be there much longer.

Mitchell didn't move after the ball handler gave up her dribble. Finally, she did come to the ball and knocked down the triple. That's it. Move without the ball and give the ball handler some help.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Fever are improving alot on exploiting all the attention CC gets from defenses. Just need more shot makers.
That's what I've said. It's been the main difference to me.

If Caitlin is getting hounded or double teamed, you need to find a way to take advantage of 4 on 4 or 4 on 3 ball.

Making open shots has a funny way of helping with that................. :D

Reactions: Chuck C

I caught a reddit post that went through the recent history of the Fever. I did not know how terrible of an organization this has been in recent years.

Clark has 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, and only 1 turnover. Her non-shooting game tonight has been outstanding. She looks way more comfortable than she did during those first couple games.

It's bizarre that as the rest of her game finally shines, her shot went into the shitter.
That's the beauty of CC. She's a big time scorer no doubt but she does everything else well too. Even on an off shooting night, she makes an impact.

Clark has 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, and only 1 turnover. Her non-shooting game tonight has been outstanding. She looks way more comfortable than she did during those first couple games.

It's bizarre that as the rest of her game finally shines, her shot went into the shitter.
She might get a double double on assists and rebounds.

I caught a reddit post that went through the recent history of the Fever. I did not know how terrible of an organization this has been in recent years.
Since I still got the page up, since 2016, the Fever went:
2017 9-25
2018 6-28
2019 13-21
2020 6-16
2021 6-26
2022 5-31
2023 13-27

That takes some kind of talented mismanagement to be that bad for that long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT