FTs.................0-0............0-0

Points...............13...............0
Rebounds.........4................1
Assists...............3...............0
Steals.................0...............1
Blocks................0...............0

Turnovers.........2..............0
Fouls..................3................1

Very happy for KM! Too bad they didn't get the W.

LA (4-7) beats Las Vegas (5-4) 96-92.

Hawkeye stats:

....................Kate..........Megan

Mins................32................11

From 3:....3-3 (100%).......0-2
From 2:....2-4 (50%)........0-0

Overall
Shooting:
...5-7 (71%).......0-2 (0%)

FTs.................0-0............0-0

Points...............13...............0
Rebounds.........4................1
Assists...............3...............0
Steals.................0...............1
Blocks................0...............0

Turnovers.........2..............0
Fouls..................3................1
Was keeping an eye on Meg and #28 battling in the post. Thought a war was going to break out. :)

448002649_10233739879305484_1891492704629770534_n.jpg

This league, these women, have toiled in anonymity for so long, it's almost as if they've recoiled against this burst of attention and popularity. Perhaps they've grown accustom to their lot as low-profile professional athletes over the years, formed this bond, and closed themselves off to the world. Change is hard, particularly if you've been the Queen Bees for so long. And they sure as heck ain't going to let some scrawny white girl from the backwoods of Des Moines, Iowa come in now and take over "their" league, whatever the consequences of that may be. They are on the right path if they have it their way.

But I gotta believe the Caitlin Effect is bigger than them. They can't stop it. At least I'd like to think so. Keep on keepin' on, Caitlin. 20,000 in D.C. to watch an 0-10 team play a 2-9 team. Just from the crowd noise, it sounded as if more than half were there to pull for Caitlin. And she delivered.

Plum’s defense is rather lacking as well. Clark’s is getting better, at least.
Caitlin didn't play much defense at Iowa, but she's becoming a very effective trouble maker on defense. Last week I watched Chennedy Carter light up the Liberty. Caitlin did a decent job on her the week before and, in fact, drove her a little nuts - stole the ball from her twice.

Caitlin didn't play much defense at Iowa, but she's becoming a very effective trouble maker on defense. Last week I watched Chennedy Carter light up the Liberty. Caitlin did a decent job on her the week before and, in fact, drove her a little nuts - stole the ball from her twice.
CC is a pretty good help or backside defender. Manages a steal and a block per game because of those skills, including 4 steals in game recently. She isn't a very good 1 on 1 defender, which makes sense because of Bluder playing a bunch of zone to try to not tire her out and also trying to avoid fouls because of how important she was on offense.

The good news is that CC can only improve. And I have a feeling she will. She will also look like a better defender as her teammates improve on communicating on defense and properly switching/hedging. Right now they aren't talking as much and she's gotten destroyed on screens several teams. They also aren't hedging or switching on screens so when a player gets past CC they have a clear path to the hoop and it looks like she absolutely sucks. Team defense is so important and the Fever are horrible at it.

Reactions: MplsHawk and GHawk
CC is a pretty good help or backside defender. Manages a steal and a block per game because of those skills, including 4 steals in game recently. She isn't a very good 1 on 1 defender, which makes sense because of Bluder playing a bunch of zone to try to not tire her out and also trying to avoid fouls because of how important she was on offense.

The good news is that CC can only improve. And I have a feeling she will. She will also look like a better defender as her teammates improve on communicating on defense and properly switching/hedging. Right now they aren't talking as much and she's gotten destroyed on screens several teams. They also aren't hedging or switching on screens so when a player gets past CC they have a clear path to the hoop and it looks like she absolutely sucks. Team defense is so important and the Fever are horrible at it.

I agree, but the funny thing is that despite not having the looks of a shut-down one-on-one defender, it doesn't seem like she gets scored on directly more than her teammates. If she was as bad on defense as some people like to claim, I would think offenses would attack her constantly. They really don't seem to.

Also, the "Caitlin needs to get stronger" talk that is the hot phrase to spout...well of course everyone needs to get stronger. CC already got much stronger prior to her senior season and seems to be holding up pretty well given the beating she receives every game. She seems plenty strong to power her way into the paint and score.

This league, these women, have toiled in anonymity for so long, it's almost as if they've recoiled against this burst of attention and popularity. Perhaps they've grown accustom to their lot as low-profile professional athletes over the years, formed this bond, and closed themselves off to the world. Change is hard, particularly if you've been the Queen Bees for so long. And they sure as heck ain't going to let some scrawny white girl from the backwoods of Des Moines, Iowa come in now and take over "their" league, whatever the consequences of that may be. They are on the right path if they have it their way.

But I gotta believe the Caitlin Effect is bigger than them. They can't stop it. At least I'd like to think so. Keep on keepin' on, Caitlin. 20,000 in D.C. to watch an 0-10 team play a 2-9 team. Just from the crowd noise, it sounded as if more than half were there to pull for Caitlin. And she delivered.
More than half?

Clark gets her pocket picked at least once per game. Opponents know that and they are going for it.

Jeez, Caitlin, what are you doing there? She had an open three, went up to shoot, but bizarrely passed to Mitchell while in the air. Of course, Mitchell was absolutely not expecting it.

People in the forum keep trying to make excuses for Clark's TOs, blaming the other Fever players, but these are on her.

If Kate Martin hadn't been drafted by Las Vegas and I only watched the Fever, I would swear that the WNBA was a practical joke someone's playing on us. Like the Joe Schmoe Show, these are all actors pretending to be basketball players and we're all idiots for believing it's real.

What the hell are the Fever doing? They aren't even trying to guard the Sun's three-point shooters, and they are paying for it, big time. We see enough of this garbage from the Iowa men and it's no less maddening watching the Fever.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT