ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

Yeah. I had the same thought watching the Fever/Sun game last night. When D’jnai Carrington was called for a pretty obvious blocking foul, she went into theatrics about how Clark was “exaggerating” the contact. Except the only thing Clark did was bounce off of her because of the contact.
Yeah I was wondering what the fock is wrong with you biotch.

I bet cc is so sick of some of these dumbasses

Yeah, but that percentage of players that were All Americans is significant.
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Reactions: doughuddl2
Indiana's next opponent, The Atlanta Dream, play in a 3500 seat arena. That's smaller then the Imon Ice Arena in CR where the USHL RoughRiders play. The Dream didnt sell it out tonight.

The Lynx lead the Aces at the half, 59-48

The Aces leading scorers:
13: A Wilson
11: K Plum
8: M Gustafson (8 min, 2-3 from 3 for 8 pts, 1 reb, 1 asst)
6: A Clark
6: J Young
3: K Martin (8 min, 1-2 from 3 for 3 pts, 1 reb, 1 asst)

The Aces gave up 59 points in the first half? The Fever will probably give up 70 then.

Minnesota (9-3) wins at Las Vegas (5-5) 100-86.

This time Megan had the better game compared to Kate.

Hawkeye stats:

....................Kate..........Megan

Mins................15................14

From 3:....1-4 (25%)........2-3 (67%)
From 2:....0-1 (0%)........2-2 (100%)

Overall
Shooting:
...1-5 (20%)....4-5 (80%)

FTs..................0-0............1-1 (100%)

Points................3...............11
Rebounds.........2................3
Assists...............1.................1
Steals.................0...............0
Blocks................0...............0

Turnovers.........1................1
Fouls..................1.................1

Reactions: Hawksfor3
The Lynx are a well coached team. They play for each other, compete at a high level, play tenacious defense, and they know how to win. Shooting and making 15 3's sure helps too.

Reactions: Franisdaman
The Lynx are a well coached team. They play for each other, compete at a high level, play tenacious defense, and they know how to win. Shooting and making 15 3's sure helps too.

In the preseason, Minnesota was picked 9th; they currently are 3rd in the standings.

This is how ESPN ranked the 12 teams in the preseason:

1 Las Vegas (currently 7th)
2 New York (currently 2nd)
3 Connecticut (currently 1st)
4 Seattle (currently 4th)
5 Dallas (currently 10th)
6 Phoenix (currently 5th)
7 Atlanta (currently 6th)
8 Indiana (currently 11th)
9 Minnesota (currently 3rd)
10 Los Angeles (currently 9th)
11 Washington (currently 12th)
12 Chicago (currently 8th)

Reactions: Hawksfor3
In the preseason, Minnesota was picked 9th; they currently are 3rd in the standings.

This is how ESPN ranked the 12 teams in the preseason:

1 Las Vegas (currently 7th)
2 New York (currently 2nd)
3 Connecticut (currently 1st)
4 Seattle (currently 4th)
5 Dallas (currently 10th)
6 Phoenix (currently 5th)
7 Atlanta (currently 6th)
8 Indiana (currently 11th)
9 Minnesota (currently 3rd)
10 Los Angeles (currently 9th)
11 Washington (currently 12th)
12 Chicago (currently 8th)

After watching some incredibly bad basketball by none other than Indy, I must say that it was very enjoyable watching the Lynx run the offense in their half court sets. Good movement, good screens, and nice passing.

Reactions: Franisdaman
There continues to be some weird results. The Aces are struggling. Their defense last night was as bad as the Fever's, and they've lost three straight games for the first time in five years. The Mystics were 0-10, so the Fever going into Washington and winning isn't a huge surprise. However, then the Mystics went to NY and nearly won, then went to Atlanta last night and blew out the Dream. The Mystics go to Indiana next week, which Fever fans probably expected to be the highest-win-probability game of the season so far, but that is now in doubt. The Fever could win or get blown out in a must-win home game against a 1-12 team.

Last edited:
There continues to be some weird results. The Aces are struggling. Their defense last night was as bad as the Fever's, and they've lost three straight games for the first time in five years. The Mystics were 0-10, so the Fever going into Washington and winning isn't a huge surprise. However, then the Mystics went to NY and nearly won, then went to Atlanta last night and blew out the Dream. The Mystics now go to Indiana Thursday, which Fever fans probably expected to be the highest-win-probability game of the season so far, but that is now in doubt. The Fever could win or get blown out in a must-win home game against a 1-12 team.
Fairly sure the Dream come to Indy Thursday and Washington is next Wednesday.

I have NBA TV. The game was blocked in my area. It sucked.
I have YouTube TV, and until around 9:10-15 CDT or so NBA TV was still showing something on Bill Walton. Then they abruptly switched to the game in progress. I had already found it on dark web.

Anyone else sick of any reaction to obvious contact being labeled a flop? When there is no contact or the contact is nowhere near enough to justify the reaction, I get it. But it has reached the point if you react to any contact at all, you are accused of flopping.

You see the same thing in soccer. A ref won't call a foul in soccer if they subjectively gauge that the fouled player has an advantage. I'm not saying soccer players don't ever fake contact, but sometimes when there is it's enough to affect the play so they sell it a bit to get the call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT