ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

I'm convinced these "fans" stirring up all that shit are Russian bots, trying to once again divide our country before the election. Don' hop on social media otherwise you will be ALGORITHMed. I'm not joking. Kirk Ferentz was really ahead of his time when it came to Twitter.

A lot of it is. In fact, I'm betting it's what started it. But Americans are stupid and fell for it hook, line, and sinker so now they've divided into "teams". And given the reaction of many players in the league, I think they enjoy the drama. For some reason, having the league reflect WWE drama more than a legitimate sports league is a higher goal so they've gone out of the way to create extra BS. They want their name known, but what they haven't figured out is being an asshole to get recognition will get you more famous, but it won't get you 7 figure sponsorship deals.
These above posts are both spot on.

Journalistic integrity has become an oxymoron.
Worse than that, we've seen what happens when those inside the profession speak out about it. They're attacked, black-listed and worse. If that doesn't get your attention, nothing will.
Most of the institutions we have relied on to keep things in balance, have been compromised. It's no accident and it's not a conspiracy theory. Take off your political glasses (whatever color they may be) and really examine the state of things. We've been sold out from within and we're f***ed.

Several pages behind… And I didn’t have the heart or stomach to wade through the last game lol and I almost started a new thread for this but what the hell you guys all hang out in here😂 or I should say anybody I’d want a thought or opinion from hang out in here 🤓

I’m not making a statement about the overall league as far as it being “bad basketball“ but fellas there are only five teams with a +500 record. This is a shitty league as far as the top heaviness of the talent and/or coaching. And the level of…..clearly non-fouls being called &/or assault not being called is baffling.

I swear I’m not exaggerating when I say there are at least 10 fouls a game where either I go. There is no way that’s a foul or holy shit. How is that, Not a foul? Both ways 🤷‍♂️

It's interesting how many always default to Russian interference. There's a pretty powerful country called China that has its hands in nearly everything. I'm sure they do their share of "tinkering". Either way, people are certainly being manipulated...and largely in denial of it. It's always "the other guy".
Saudi Arabia and Iran are certainly in on this too. Probably North Korea as well. Russia is really the only country that brags about it though. But the point is, not nice foreign powers are trying to meddle. None of them would last a week against us militarily nor can they afford to try (with the possible exception of China). Getting us to destroy ourselves is far easier and cheaper.

Several pages behind… And I didn’t have the heart or stomach to wade through the last game lol and I almost started a new thread for this but what the hell you guys all hang out in here😂 or I should say anybody I’d want a thought or opinion from hang out in here 🤓

I’m not making a statement about the overall league as far as it being “bad basketball“ but fellas there are only five teams with a +500 record. This is a shitty league as far as the top heaviness of the talent and/or coaching. And the level of…..clearly non-fouls being called &/or assault not being called is baffling.

I swear I’m not exaggerating when I say there are at least 10 fouls a game where either I go. There is no way that’s a foul or holy shit. How is that, Not a foul? Both ways 🤷‍♂️
And how can a league with only 12 teams be top heavy with talent? Can you imagine the NBA with only 12 teams? I keep hearing how much talent there is in the WNBA, yet every team has three or four players that can’t get on to the floor. That means about 45 of the 144 players aren’t good enough to play. Then look at the 4-5 role players per team, who also aren’t very good….so most of the 144 players in the league just aren’t that good at basketball. If they were, every team would be good.

And how can a league with only 12 teams be top heavy with talent? Can you imagine the NBA with only 12 teams? I keep hearing how much talent there is in the WNBA, yet every team has three or four players that can’t get on to the floor. That means about 45 of the 144 players aren’t good enough to play. Then look at the 4-5 role players per team, who also aren’t very good….so most of the 144 players in the league just aren’t that good at basketball. If they were, every team would be good.
The difference is the talent disparity between the top players in the wnba and the bottom players is huge.

The old quote from Brian Scalabrine about him being closer to Lebron than a generic person is to him is true in the NBA. But in the WNBA that doesn’t hold as true. There’s probably a half dozen MVP caliber players, another dozen or so elite players, then a few dozen good players, and a bunch of filler/replacement-level players completing rosters. Some teams, like the Aces and Liberty, have multiples of those elite or MVP players. Others like the Fever don’t have any or just one, CC is just on the outside of that level being a rookie. That’s how you end up with a top heavy league.

I agree

The difference is the talent disparity between the top players in the wnba and the bottom players is huge.

The old quote from Brian Scalabrine about him being closer to Lebron than a generic person is to him is true in the NBA. But in the WNBA that doesn’t hold as true. There’s probably a half dozen MVP caliber players, another dozen or so elite players, then a few dozen good players, and a bunch of filler/replacement-level players completing rosters. Some teams, like the Aces and Liberty, have multiples of those elite or MVP players. Others like the Fever don’t have any or just one, CC is just on the outside of that level being a rookie. That’s how you end up with a top heavy league.
It also shows that many college players that don’t get drafted could definitely play in the league. There are multiple players out there working in offices or some other career that are better than many of the players suiting up in the W.

Yes, and oddly, the aces with four, yes four players on the Olympic team are six and five

Reactions: EagleHawk
Which also shows there isn’t that big of a gap between the 12 that made the team and the rest of the league. Every player in the league has weaknesses in their game, but the only one that’s expected to not have them is Clark.

Touché

My God - great coaches and GMs have been forming championship teams comprised of all-americans and all-pro caliber players for decades. You actually think every elite basketball player has to have their own ball and cannot integrate their game into a team concept. And, you actually think CC can't shine unless she's surrounded by zombie role players. Strange take on the history of professional level basketball.
I'm just seeing so many people bagging on the players currently playing with Clark, and advocating for trades and team changes and other things that will help Caitlin Clark to shine. That can certainly help to a degree, but the utopian model of this is not my argument. The argument is, it's very unlikely that Caitlin Clark will find a situation that bends greatly to maximize her unique skills. She will have to find success within the dynamic given.

To the first point, let's reduce the NBA to 12 teams and 144 players. It might work, but I imagine for a good number of players their new roles are going to be a problem. That's not arguing that the WNBA has great skill throughout their rosters, but those rosters still have lots of egos.

Do you think what Mitchell and Boston want for themselves is that different than what would be found with players on the other teams?

Back to the point:
Quit blaming everything and everyone for Clark's shooting slump and turnovers. This is what the WNBA is going to be for Clark, and where she has to navigate her success.

This "utopian" WNBA team that plays an up-tempo game with everything funneled for Clark doesn't exist, probably will never exist. There are just too few players in the league, and most every one of them in a starting five want their game (and their style of game) to shine. Realistically, how is any GM going to form a roster of nothing but role players that acquiesce to this? How is any coach going to tell players that have been All-Americans and stars to change their game for one player? It's just not going to happen. Again, just too few players in the league to find that balance of egos.

So again, instead of complaining about what is, and how it should be, realize that Clark will always be defended the way she is defended right now. She will always have to shoot the lights out (within the given dynamic) to gain the respect and trust necessary to bend the game toward her skills and needs. Just the way it's going to be--on any team.

Yes, it's wrong and backwards.
Yes, the Fever coaching staff has no idea how to play to CC's skillset, or manage the egos of the team.
Yes, I hate everything that is going on with her fans, her haters, and perception.
Yes, I'm watching because I want her to succeed.

But despite all of this you can still admit when CC is making mistakes or shooting poorly within the given dynamic.
Mmmm, actually what you're seeing is the old guard style of play still being king.

Much like the NBA was forward/center dominant for a large number of years before shifting to a guard/perimeter oriented league, the WNBA will slowly begin to shift as well.

If you look at the makeup of college rosters, this pretty much bears that out.

Eventually these bigger, more physical players will age out and we will begin to see the shift towards a faster, more open game.

Caitlin is just one of the pioneers of this style, and the league just wasn't ready to accept it yet, primarily due to its makeup.

But if you look at the top players in college right now as far as future prospects for the WNBA:

Paige Beuckers
JuJu Watkins
Hannah Hidalgo
Flau'jue Johnson
Raven Johnson

Heck even Kiki Iriafen and Hannah Stuelke.

They're either quick guards or forwards that aren't just slow, plodding posts. Hell I believe Stuelke can absolutely thrive in the WNBA because she can already run the floor better than almost everyone on the Fever's roster.

It's just gonna take some time for the game itself to catch up to what Caitlin has to offer.

My God - great coaches and GMs have been forming championship teams comprised of all-americans and all-pro caliber players for decades. You actually think every elite basketball player has to have their own ball and cannot integrate their game into a team concept. And, you actually think CC can't shine unless she's surrounded by zombie role players. Strange take on the history of professional level basketball.
Well to be fair, and I don't know if this has anything to do with what you're talking about, but..............the swirl ball is trash and needs to go. :)

Mmmm, actually what you're seeing is the old guard style of play still being king.

Much like the NBA was forward/center dominant for a large number of years before shifting to a guard/perimeter oriented league, the WNBA will slowly begin to shift as well.

If you look at the makeup of college rosters, this pretty much bears that out.

Eventually these bigger, more physical players will age out and we will begin to see the shift towards a faster, more open game.

Caitlin is just one of the pioneers of this style, and the league just wasn't ready to accept it yet, primarily due to its makeup.

But if you look at the top players in college right now as far as future prospects for the WNBA:

Paige Beuckers
JuJu Watkins
Hannah Hidalgo
Flau'jue Johnson
Raven Johnson

Heck even Kiki Iriafen and Hannah Stuelke.

They're either quick guards or forwards that aren't just slow, plodding posts. Hell I believe Stuelke can absolutely thrive in the WNBA because she can already run the floor better than almost everyone on the Fever's roster.

It's just gonna take some time for the game itself to catch up to what Caitlin has to offer.
Yep.
Just wonder how long that might take given the years these women are playing in the old guard system. Hard to say.

Saudi Arabia and Iran are certainly in on this too. Probably North Korea as well. Russia is really the only country that brags about it though. But the point is, not nice foreign powers are trying to meddle. None of them would last a week against us militarily nor can they afford to try (with the possible exception of China). Getting us to destroy ourselves is far easier and cheaper.
That's a version of the scenario explained near the end of "Leave the World Behind"

Btw, some stats as we head into Sunday's Hell in a Cell match with the Sky...........

There might've been a video posted about this so if it was I apologize, but during Indiana's game against Atlanta, Caitlin Clark's usage rate and touches were very indicative that the Fever either were relegating her to role player/decoy by design, or that her teammates were ignoring her.

Her usage rates fluxated throughout the game because she would often bring the ball up the floor, but it's when she got rid of the ball that's really key here.

The most times she got the ball back on a possession either after she passed it or Indiana had established themselves in the half court was SIX times...........in the 1st Qtr.

In the 3rd Qtr, she got the ball back in the half court just TWICE, and in the 4th she got it back just one time.........ONCE.

She brought the ball up the floor 12 times in the 4th Qtr, and if she passed it at all, she essentially never got it back.

That's the story right there..........

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!! :D :D:D:D

I've been wondering about this particular stat since the beginning of the season, and now it's finally been confirmed. We've heard the excuses that "oh well all the rookies are getting treated this way", "other players are getting this much attention, it's not just her!!!"

Folks.................to the surprise of no one.....................Caitlin Clark leads the entire league in the amount of DOUBLE TEAMS FACED to this point in the season.

There it is. That's the ballgame.

Well, that and she also leads the league on double teams drawn on Pick & Roll possessions/plays with 107.

That is 30 more............30 more........the next closest player.

F*** their excuses, those lying sacks of sh**. Numbers don't lie. :)

Uh oh, that's gonna cost Serena some followers in her community.........

200w.gif

Maybe. BUT her wealth is tied to contracts with Nike, and State Farm, and I'm quite sure none of them envisioned this shit show, (not that any of this is Clarks doing). I have no idea what her contracts say, but I highly doubt she can just "walk away" and still get paid by these companies....

thankfully for her, her $3.5M/year deal with Nike is for 8 years

not sure the length of the other deals

I'm assuming the WNBA wants her to play *somewhere* in the league, and would assist with a trade to a less-dysfunctional team, and so her sponsors would still be getting their PR from her. Might be too much of an assumption, I concede.
I'd be VERY skeptical of that happening. First the league and its commish have done absolutely nothing to benefit Clark, and if anything they've made it harder in her entry into the pros with the crazy schedule. Second you have to know there would be yet another shit storm from all the bitchers in the league that think she's getting benefits and attention not afforded them. I'd bet there is ZERO chance the league would do anything out of the ordinary to help her. She'll either have to find a way to make it work where she is, or convince the Fever to trade her....

thankfully for her, her $3.5M/year deal with Nike is for 8 years

not sure the length of the other deals
My point being, I guarantee you that there is language in that contract that voids it if she simply "walked away". She'd have to be playing somewhere (in the US probably), or there is no way there going to pay her 28 million $ if she just retired. Same for State Farm. They've gone all in as a sponsor of the womens tourney and the WNBA. There not going to pay her if she say, went and played in Europe. How would they market her there?

My point being, I guarantee you that there is language in that contract that voids it if she simply "walked away". She'd have to be playing somewhere (in the US probably), or there is no way there going to pay her 28 million $ if she just retired. Same for State Farm. They've gone all in as a sponsor of the womens tourney and the WNBA. There not going to pay her if she say, went and played in Europe. How would they market her there?

I get it. ;)

I am just saying that with all the shit CC is putting up with, at least she's cashing those big ass checks to make her feel better.

Granted, it's probably direct deposit, but still ;)

Liberty leading the Aces 70-60 early in the 4th.

Aces' depth not as strong. Liberty seem to be piquing as a young and growing team after years of waiting behind the Aces.

Aces went cold in the 3rd. Not a whole lot better in the 4th. Martin hit a 3, but has missed her next couple shots and had a bad turnover.

Las Vegas (6-6) lost at home this afternoon to New York (12-2), 90-82

Hawkeye stats:

....................Kate..........Megan

Mins..............12..................1

From 3:....2-5 (40%).....0-0
From 2:....0-1 (0%)........0-0

Overall
Shooting:
...2-6 (33%)....0-0 (0%)

FTs.................0-0.............0-0

Points................6...............0
Rebounds.........1.................1
Assists...............1................0
Steals.................1................0
Blocks................0...............0

Turnovers.........1................0
Fouls..................0................0

CC would gain acceptance and sympathy if she shaved her head,died it purple and become lesbian and sit down during the national anthem. Then she would be heroic.
She doesn’t even need to switch her sexuality. The league is all about racial optics, racial activism, and racial solidarity. She needs to watch the Warren Beatty movie “Bulworth” and take a page out of its playbook. She could elope with a rapper she can divorce in 18 months. Put out a few spunky Tik-toks with him lip-synching something together, like Paige Bueckers always does. Maybe get pregnant and have a son with him who grows up to demand reparation money at the expense of her English/Italian ancestry. She could do a Dove commercial shampooing his ‘fro.

In no time Chennedy and Dijoinai would give her “her flowers.” I’d bet every cent of my bank account that Jemele Hill and Sheryl Swoopes would speak of her like a sister, rather than an alien white woman.

Then again, they could turn on her by citing appropriation. 🤷‍♀️

It's interesting how many always default to Russian interference. There's a pretty powerful country called China that has its hands in nearly everything. I'm sure they do their share of "tinkering". Either way, people are certainly being manipulated...and largely in denial of it. It's always "the other guy".
Russian and China. Pretty much the same thing. Take a look at all these trolls. They’re all fake. It sure has this board riled up.

Russian and China. Pretty much the same thing. Take a look at all these trolls. They’re all fake. It sure has this board riled up.
Can you identify the trolls? I can’t distinguish them from the MAGAS. It’s confusing as hell.

Stay strong CC!

Can you identify the trolls? I can’t distinguish them from the MAGAS. It’s confusing as hell.

Stay strong CC!

The confusing part is that it’s incredibly difficult to distinguish and that’s what makes it so much more viral. I hate the part where it’s infiltrated the actual players involved.

When I log into Facebook, I get fed these hateful comments from these “influencers” - who I don’t even follow.

Reactions: wilson reborn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT