ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

We live in a culture that is willfully out of touch with reality. All one need to do is examine racially motivated violent crime and discover that the result is the exact opposite of what the media promote. This is a simple and easily researched fact, yet almost all Americans choose to believe the fairy tale. We saw those risible “White silence is violence” yard signs in 2020. Or in downtown IC you now have massive 100 ft concrete murals that implore whites to “save black bodies” with their ill-gotten privilege. This psychological gaslighting will continue unabated in the Caitlin Clark social sphere as long as she stays relevant. Unlike MJ, she will never have the luxury of saying “Republicans buy sneakers too” and just moving on with her life. The mobs are coming.
You hit it the nail on the head brother

Reactions: amahawk

Following up on this tweet:

Diana turned 42 on June 11.

Caitlin turned 22 on Jan 22.

What follows are the stats thru last night's games. Look at the assist difference. And, as you now know, Caitlin is on pace to be the youngest player in WNBA history to average 15+ points/game & 5+ assists/game.

.............................Pts...Rebs...Asts...Stl...Blk...FG%..3Pt%...FT%
Caitlin Clark......15.6...4.9......6.0...1.4...0.9...36.7...32.2....89.7
Diana Taurasi....17.0...4.5......1.8...0.6...0.2...38.6...34.6...86.4

Last thing I wanted to add.....reading all this discourse from today/yesterday about Caitlin Clark needing to denounce her fanbase for all the racist, misogynistic, bigoted things they've said or else she's complicit or doesn't NOT condone their actions and words quite literally makes my brain hurt.

And I get that there's plenty of stupid, ignorant fans from Iowa or that follow Caitlin Clark, but holy f*** these people who think they're fighting a noble war calling out CC fans and hating on Clark until she "denounces racism and accepts wokeness as her new lord and savior" are straight up lying to themselves as much as they're lying to others to try to fit their agendas.

200w.gif
I honestly think caitlin tells the truth when she says she does not notice it- nobody notices it, it really does not exist. it's a myth and a legend. there is not a bunch of racist skinhead dudes following caitlin clark. she does not have the hell's angels running security for her. she is not well connected in the prisons around the country, with a bunch of dudes with nazi tattoos just waiting to get out of jail and start whacking her haters.

I’m not aware of ANYONE saying this.
That's literally what they're so upset about. That people are fans of hers and that she gets any attention. Any criticism of Reese is "racist" but those same people can bash Clark all day long and root for an all black team and that's considered okay.

USA TODAY-Women's basketball needs faces of future to be Black. Enter JuJu Watkins and Hannah Hidalgo

NYT-Caitlin Clark marketing boom is celebrated but also draws questions of race and equity

""It really is because you can be top-notch at what you are as a Black woman, but yet maybe that’s something that people don’t want to see," A'ja Wilson said at the time. "They don’t see it as marketable, so it doesn’t matter how hard I work. It doesn’t matter what we all do as Black women, we’re still going to be swept underneath the rug. That’s why it boils my blood when people say it’s not about race because it is."" (HAHA Um Serena Williams, anyone?)

Literally anything said by Jemele Hill

Stephen A's latest

There's an endless amount of this crap and it's the anti-white movement at the root of it. That's the straight truth. Because Clark hasn't done anything to receive this and neither have her fans. It is clear as day on who has an issue and why.

You didn't see white people up in arms and saying "Whatabout meeeee" because MJ and LeBron were covered. It's only an issue because of Clark's race yet the gaslighting that is occuring right now about how the issue is with Clark fans and it is ABSURD for anyone who has been paying attention to who has the problem!

Last edited:
That's literally what they're so upset about. That people are fans of hers and that she gets any attention. Any criticism of Reese is "racist" but those same people can bash Clark all day long and root for an all black team and that's considered okay.

USA TODAY-Women's basketball needs faces of future to be Black. Enter JuJu Watkins and Hannah Hidalgo

NYT-Caitlin Clark marketing boom is celebrated but also draws questions of race and equity

""It really is because you can be top-notch at what you are as a Black woman, but yet maybe that’s something that people don’t want to see," A'ja Wilson said at the time. "They don’t see it as marketable, so it doesn’t matter how hard I work. It doesn’t matter what we all do as Black women, we’re still going to be swept underneath the rug. That’s why it boils my blood when people say it’s not about race because it is.""

Stephen A's latest

There's an endless amount of this crap and it's the anti-white movement at the root of it. That's the straight truth. Because Clark hasn't done anything to receive this and neither have her fans. It is clear as day on who has an issue and why.

You didn't see white people up in arms and saying "Whatabout meeeee" because MJ and LeBron were covered. It's only an issue because of Clark's race yet the gaslighting that is occuring right now about how the issue is with Clark fans and it is ABSURD for anyone who has been paying attention to who has the problem!
CC22 just needs to give up and start having babies with Kanye West. that'll teach 'em.

then she can ditch him hang out with kardashians. that's what we all want to see on TV.

These women base way too much of their self worth, what's important and what the overall public thinks based on anonymous comments on Twitter.. the same Twitter that 25% of adults have.. and 20% of those people make 80% of the posts. It's just not reality but espn and the usual suspects love to magnify those narratives. Its so stupid and just an excuse to overlook how awful the league and the players have acted.

These women base way too much of their self worth, what's important and what the overall public thinks based on anonymous comments on Twitter.. the same Twitter that 25% of adults have.. and 20% of those people make 80% of the posts. It's just not reality but espn and the usual suspects love to magnify those narratives. Its so stupid and just an excuse to overlook how awful the league and the players have acted.
I agree. I really only ever see twitter when I come on this site. I am not on X or twitter. I also think a lot of "news shows" on TV and radio, base their topics of the day, around twitter posts. that's strange. commenting on what other people say, as comments. and making money at it. wut?

I honestly think caitlin tells the truth when she says she does not notice it- nobody notices it, it really does not exist. it's a myth and a legend. there is not a bunch of racist skinhead dudes following caitlin clark. she does not have the hell's angels running security for her. she is not well connected in the prisons around the country, with a bunch of dudes with nazi tattoos just waiting to get out of jail and start whacking her haters.
Yes, but she's still catching hate and being thrown under a bus for what those groups say is real.

And it's real enough to cause divide between her and her teammates.......

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Why does it always have to be a Caitlin vs somebody else thing?
Wow. Seriously? Try reading YOUR own post. YOU said "and Caitlin Clark never got anywhere near SI's triple double record" Thats what YOU said. So just who were YOU comparing her too? I simply responded that SI NEVER had a 25 point triple dub against ANY top 25 team. Meanwhile many of CCs were against ranked and even top 10 teams. Like her 41 point triple dub in the elite 8, something that ZERO women or men had ever done......

""It really is because you can be top-notch at what you are as a Black woman, but yet maybe that’s something that people don’t want to see," A'ja Wilson said at the time. "They don’t see it as marketable, so it doesn’t matter how hard I work. It doesn’t matter what we all do as Black women, we’re still going to be swept underneath the rug. That’s why it boils my blood when people say it’s not about race because it is.""

Stephen A's latest

That’s not the same thing as saying “you’re racist if you’re a fan of Caitlin Clark”. Jesus it’s like arguing with a wall.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
This league becomes more toxic everyday. It is gross. I see far more hate directed at CC then actual Hawkeye fans being racist and homophobic. Most of that is come from political talking heads.

I am convince that this culture war, race baiting, whatever you want to call it, is just people positioning themselves to be relevant and hopefully make some money from all of it. It’s performance art.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but clay and buck are discussing it right now. this is national news now that all her fans are racist trump supporters. I know for a fact that NOT 100% of any fanbase would agree 100% on politics. especially iowa. plus it seems like a bunch of 8 yr old girls who are fans... cannot vote.

Tariq Nasheed/Bishop Swain/Bakari Sellers AND Clay Travis/Riley Gaines/Collin Rugg are all two sides to the same garbage coin, weaponizing Clark’s race. This country would be vastly better off if all these aholes went to a race war with each other on a distant island, assault weapons provided.

Reactions: DTP2
This Caitlin Clark narrative is crazy - how they have managed to take her from being the victim in the WNBA to being the one who is the problem. ESPN doesn't know what to do when a white straight person is actually in the minority - and the one being targeted and discriminated against - so they simply turn the tables and make her the problem. Absolutely incredible.

Yes, but she's still catching hate and being thrown under a bus for what those groups say is real.

And it's real enough to cause divide between her and her teammates.......
I knew about the divide between her and other teams, but I guess I didn't realize it was inside their own house on the fever... but come to think of it, I guess that would make sense somehow, that would explain a lot.

These people have no logic whatsoever. You think fans of Clark don't have a favorite men's player that isn't white?

It's clear as day that this is simply just anti-white BS. It was ramped up cause of the roster makeup of Iowa and LSU/South Carolina and every comment section is filled with hate and criticism of Clark. But they love Angel Reese and that's okay, and any criticism of her is racist. Those who have talked about the importance of 'representation' and 'inclusion' have a major issue if it's a white person. Tribalism is okay if it's for anyone who isn't white.
Exactly right. Have said this many times on here. Most, people of color believe racism is something that whites degrade them with. Unfortunately for Cc the tremendous attention she's given has devolved into an opportunity for the whiners to seize their moment on the stage.

That’s not the same thing as saying “you’re racist if you’re a fan of Caitlin Clark”. Jesus it’s like arguing with a wall.
Jesus, how obvious does it have to be? How is someone this oblivious?

Who has brought up race? Who has an issue with race? Is it the white fans? lol No. Why would race even be an issue? Because it bothered someone greatly that a girl who looked like Clark was getting attention. Cue the victimhood narrative and "everyone is racist" and giving "death threats" to Angel Reese.

Clark fans are now being wrongfully associated as "racist" simply for being white and liking a white player. But hey, don't pay attention to the endless amount of "YOU GO MY BLACK QUEEEN" and "Black Girl Magic" for Angel Reese.

Black people rooting for someone who is black? GREAT!
White people rooting for someone that's white? Bad.

Last edited:
C'mon guys and gals, we all knew this was going to happen before CC got in. It's why nobody takes the WNBA seriously. Even if she did come in and dominate right off the bat, the controversies would've still been all consuming. CC is a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. She's still going to absolutely school the league in the coming years but all the additional shit shouldn't shock anyone when it comes to women's sports.

C'mon guys and gals, we all knew this was going to happen before CC got in. It's why nobody takes the WNBA seriously. Even if she did come in and dominate right off the bat, the controversies would've still been all consuming. CC is a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. She's still going to absolutely school the league in the coming years but all the additional shit shouldn't shock anyone when it comes to women's sports.
It all depends on the front office of the Fever and how they construct a team and lockerroom around her. I'm just not sure they'll do it correctly because from what ive seen, everybody in any position of power in womens professional basketball is pretty much an idiot

It all depends on the front office of the Fever and how they construct a team and lockerroom around her. I'm just not sure they'll do it correctly because from what ive seen, everybody in any position of power in womens professional basketball is pretty much an idiot
You're not wrong but if that occurs, CC will find a way to go where she needs to for that positive change to occur. She's not dumb, she knows she has a limited time to get things in full swing. Shes powerful enough to force that change on a franchise should they treat her wrong. Yeah, it'll piss some off but it'll be forgotten when she wins not one, not two, not three, not four championships wherever else she winds up.

The pressure is all on the Fever here, not CC.

Nobody here knew this was going to happen because nobody paid this much attention to the WNBA. And the WNBA has never had such a polarizing figure come in as a rookie. Griner was polarizing coming out of the Russian imprisonment, but that was many years into her career.

You're not wrong but if that occurs, CC will find a way to go where she needs to for that positive change to occur. She's not dumb, she knows she has a limited time to get things in full swing. Shes powerful enough to force that change on a franchise should they treat her wrong. Yeah, it'll piss some off but it'll be forgotten when she wins not one, not two, not three, not four championships wherever else she winds up.

The pressure is all on the Fever here, not CC.
Yep. She will bounce at the end of this deal if they don't build a contender. Clark and Boston are pretty great pieces to start with.

Yep. She will bounce at the end of this deal if they don't build a contender. Clark and Boston are pretty great pieces to start with.
Kind of but Boston can't get up and down the floor which limits things. She's not really big enough to be a true 5 either. If I were the Fever I would be trying to get her to drop weight and increase cardio and trade for a big center to play alongside her.

Frankly, I'd trade Mitchell away because she's never going to pass but has value. Bring in a couple shooters in her place.

Kind of but Boston can't get up and down the floor which limits things. She's not really big enough to be a true 5 either. If I were the Fever I would be trying to get her to drop weight and increase cardio and trade for a big center to play alongside her.

Frankly, I'd trade Mitchell away because she's never going to pass but has value. Bring in a couple shooters in her place.
100% agree. If I'm the GM I fire Sides and trade Mitchell. She has great skills, but she is not remotely a team player and cannot coexist with CC.

The problem is the GM is as dumb as Sides.

So do you all just not understand unconscious bias, or do you not think it is real?
Yes. Learned about it decades ago in college from my fat white sociology professor who made sure to remind us every day that she was married to a black man. Taking her examples at face value might lead one to believe it’s a psychological condition suffered mostly by white males.

The Fever have not had CC's back, including her own coach & teammates. Based on that, chances are good CC leaves after her 4-year contract runs out. At that time she can pick the coach she plays for, some of the players she plays with. Interesting that she will probably be playing in the 2028 Olympics at the time and would be with another organization.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT