fox broadcasting mlb GIF by Pitch on FOX

WNBA to Angel

british GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

WNBA to Caitlin

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Fans to the WNBA

Reese will get rookie of the year, just wait..,
Sheryl Swoopes thinks so.

Swoopes is back with more cringe and bad takes on Gilbert Arenas' podcast.

She said she would take Reese as the ROTY even after yesterday's game, and spent the whole episode biting her tongue hoping beyond hope that Arenas or his fellow guest hosts didn’t ask her about Clark's play to this point in the season.

She got to spend the whole time being an Angel Reese apologist while Arenas and the others went out of their way to tip-toe around bringing Clark into the conversation.

It was fascinating to watch even as cringey as Swoopes was on the show. You know Arenas and the others had more to say but given the last time ole Sheryl became a national meme when she talked about Caitlin Clark, you could tell they were being much more guarded in this conversation.

I was combing Reddit and came across this black guy pointing out that most black men seem to respect and really enjoy CC’s game while black women almost universally don’t care for her. Then all the responses basically supported his point, with the women saying she was boring or dry or too quiet or overhyped or not political enough.

I sincerely believe this attitude is shared by not only the majority of WNBA players, but by her teammates as well.

But my inner cynic thinks it’s not so much a difference of style and preference they are referring to; no, such lavish attention excites envy and humiliation.

I’d probably feel the same if I were in their shoes, tbh.

I was combing Reddit and came across this black guy pointing out that most black men seem to respect and really enjoy CC’s game while black women almost universally don’t care for her. Then all the responses basically supported his point, with the women saying she was boring or dry or too quiet or overhyped or not political enough.

I sincerely believe this attitude is shared by not only the majority of WNBA players, but by her teammates as well.

But my inner cynic thinks it’s not so much a difference of style and preference they are referring to; no, such lavish attention excites envy and humiliation.

I’d probably feel the same if I were in their shoes, tbh.
The ones that aren't "most black men" are the simps and apologists for Angel Reese.

Reese could hijack one of those equipment carts at an arena, run over an opposing player, then pose for a selfie with the dead body and post it on Instagram, and her male fans would talk about how "fire" she looks, and how nobody better make this about her victim or make derogatory comments at Reese or else they're racist....................

She said she would take Reese as the ROTY even after yesterday's game, and spent the whole episode biting her tongue hoping beyond hope that Arenas or his fellow guest hosts didn’t ask her about Clark's play to this point in the season.

She got to spend the whole time being an Angel Reese apologist while Arenas and the others went out of their way to tip-toe around bringing Clark into the conversation.

It was fascinating to watch even as cringey as Swoopes was on the show. You know Arenas and the others had more to say but given the last time ole Sheryl became a national meme when she talked about Caitlin Clark, you could tell they were being much more guarded in this conversation.

She’s as black as she is fat as she is dumb as she is lesbian.

🎤 pile drivin on der head!!!!

What a racist dipsh*t! Sorry, what an overweight racist dipsh*t!!!!

And don’t let Bert Arenas off the hook with that chubby racist girl.

He looks like a Bert. 😂

I’m a little bit older than him & in waaaaaaaaaay better shape than tubs.

But I’ll take the heat for waffle smackin a ball off his young dumbass chubby forehead!

Just because he’s younger doesn’t make it wrong for me to smoke his fat ass on court!

Reese will get rookie of the year, just wait..,

If the season ended today, it would be almost guaranteed that Reese would be ROTY. As much as I want to see Clark get it, Reese winning the award wouldn't be completely without justification. They both have their strengths, with Clark being highly ranked in scoring and assists, while Reese is highly ranked in rebounds and steals.

Clark Reese
Pts 17th 34th
Ass. 4th 44th
Reb. 25th 4th
Steals 28th 5th
Blocks 14th 77th

For rookies, I think both of their stats are impressive. Afterall, Dianasaurus Rex (or should it be Dianasaurus Ptaurasi?) warned that the rookies would be in for a rude awakening facing grown women. These two appear to be competing very well against the grown women. Personally, I think Clark being top 20 in three different stats, and top 30 in two additional stats, is more impressive than Reese, but detractors are going to point to the league worst turnovers for Clark as justification for giving the award to Reese. That and the false narrative that Clark is a big liability on defense--she isn't. Barring injuries to either, the only way I see CC winning ROTY is if she leads to the Fever to an impressive number of wins (definitely more than the Sky) and continues to significantly improve her turnovers.

If the season ended today, it would be almost guaranteed that Reese would be ROTY. As much as I want to see Clark get it, Reese winning the award wouldn't be completely without justification. They both have their strengths, with Clark being highly ranked in scoring and assists, while Reese is highly ranked in rebounds and steals.

Clark Reese
Pts 17th 34th
Ass. 4th 44th
Reb. 25th 4th
Steals 28th 5th
Blocks 14th 77th

For rookies, I think both of their stats are impressive. Afterall, Dianasaurus Rex (or should it be Dianasaurus Ptaurasi?) warned that the rookies would be in for a rude awakening facing grown women. These two appear to be competing very well against the grown women. Personally, I think Clark being top 20 in three different stats, and top 30 in two additional stats, is more impressive than Reese, but detractors are going to point to the league worst turnovers for Clark as justification for giving the award to Reese. That and the false narrative that Clark is a big liability on defense--she isn't. Barring injuries to either, the only way I see CC winning ROTY is if she leads to the Fever to an impressive number of wins (definitely more than the Sky) and continues to significantly improve her turnovers.
And, as others have pointed out, the schedule has been and will continue to be much more favorable. The numbers are as bad as they could have been, given her teammates, coaching, schedule, and target on her back. Now that they are getting to play teams in the middle to back of the pack, and the team is gelling, resting, and improving, she could start averaging 20/10/6, pretty easily.

And, as others have pointed out, the schedule has been and will continue to be much more favorable. The numbers are as bad as they could have been, given her teammates, coaching, schedule, and target on her back. Now that they are getting to play teams in the middle to back of the pack, and the team is gelling, resting, and improving, she could start averaging 20/10/6, pretty easily.
Thinking back to the start of the season and seeing how woefully unprepared the team was, CC22 had some really great stat lines. What is truly amazing to me is her assists average which should be much higher. The amount of missed open shots off CC22 passes is crazy.

Without a doubt, the schedule and the target on her back have limited CC's stats and especially played a big role in the high numbers of turnovers. It is super frustrating to see her dinged with a turnover when Alyssa Thomas or DiJonai Carrington are literally pulling her arm away from the ball, or when a teammate can't catch a nice pass, and we all know her TO's aren't as bad as they look. However, the haters will look for a reason to deny her ROTY and the TO stat will be that reason IMO. Now if she averages 20/10/6 the rest of the way without increasing her TO's, it would be ridiculous not to give her ROTY.

Clark Reese
Pts 17th 34th
Ass. 4th 44th
Reb. 25th 4th
Steals 28th 5th
Blocks 14th 77th

Uhhhh nopers!

It would be Clark if the season ended today.

2nd place would also be Clark though.

Not sure where Reese would fall after Clark being the top 2 ROTY spots.

Don’t care either.

Clark would win ROTY going away if the voting ended today.
I agree she SHOULD, but it won’t happen unless she really distances herself over the 2nd half of the season. Probably needs to tack some double-doubles on her resume.

Reese’s double-doubles are pretty cheap considering half her rebounds are coming from herself on missed lay-ups, but that will get overlooked.

How many of Reese's rebounds are off her own horrible misses? 2 or 3 per game considering she averages 4.5 offensive rebounds per game? If it is only 2, she drops from 5th to 12th in the league in total rebounding. She only manages 1 more defensive rebound per game than CC. And her 37% shooting percentage as a big is likely worse than CC's turnover numbers considering probably 1 or 2 of CC's turnovers per game are caused by her teammates not catching a pass rather than Reese's shooting being entirely on her. Not to mention that she gets a block every five games as opposed to CC's block per game. All three of those are horrifically bad stats for a big.

Uhhhh nopers!

It would be Clark if the season ended today.

2nd place would also be Clark though.

Not sure where Reese would fall after Clark being the top 2 ROTY spots.

Don’t care either.

Deserving in my opinion...I agree with you. What would happen given the undies in a bunch attitude of many associated with the wnba? That's a different outcome. Angel Reese being top 5 in two categories, coupled with CC's TO stats is all that is needed to do what they want to do to try to knock CC down a notch. Just look at how many sports social media accounts are listing CC like 3rd-5th for rookie of the month.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion

Clark Reese
Pts 17th 34th
Ass. 4th 44th
Reb. 25th 4th
Steals 28th 5th
Blocks 14th 77th

Half of Angel's rebounds are her cleaning up her own terrible shots that she just threw at the rim.

Half of Angel's rebounds are her cleaning up her own terrible shots that she just threw at the rim.

I agree with you. I'm not advocating for AR. She is a very skilled rebounder, but her stats are padded by her missing so many fairly easy shots for sure. A fair amount of Caitlin's TO's either aren't turnovers but rather uncalled fouls or they are due to her teammates not being able to handle her passes. In the end, the stats are the stats and CC is going to have to continue to improve her stats to win ROTY in my opinion.

I agree with you. I'm not advocating for AR. She is a very skilled rebounder, but her stats are padded by her missing so many fairly easy shots for sure. A fair amount of Caitlin's TO's either aren't turnovers but rather uncalled fouls or they are due to her teammates not being able to handle her passes. In the end, the stats are the stats and CC is going to have to continue to improve her stats to win ROTY in my opinion.
Clark has nearly the same A/TO ratio (1.12) as Diana Taurasi (1.19). 5 fewer TOs for Clark and they would be the same.

Clark has nearly the same A/TO ratio (1.12) as Diana Taurasi (1.19). 5 fewer TOs for Clark and they would be the same.

There was one game against the Sun where 3 of Clark's 5 turnovers shouldn't have been turnovers at all. One was a missed kicked ball. Two others were missed fouls with Alyssa Thomas pulling CC's arm away from the ball while dribbling. Here was one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT