ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Caitlin/Fever/Kate/Meg Games Mega Thread***

I can see why people tune in to watch Caitlin games and ignore all the rest. The WNBA overall is a shit show
In general, it's good to avoid ugly stereotypes. They're usually simplistic and unfair. But sometimes....they are spot on. This is one of those times. Many of these women are walking, talking cliches.

I saw it mentioned somewhere (here or X, I dunno...maybe both) how interesting it is that black men seem to respect and admire CC's game and are pretty even-handed about the drama going on. But the black women... oh boy. some bitter be-hatches.

Last edited:
And here are the 10 most-watched WNBA games so far this season.

As you can see, the top 5 are Caitlin/Fever games.

GQYh4kqW0AAj3ff

No one--and I mean NO ONE--has explained to me why these black women get to act like truly terrible human beings in these interviews or on social media.

Reese, Swoopes, Chennedy, Dijonai, to name a few.

I fully endorse spirited trash talk within the bounds of truth and humor, but these women predictably say dumb, false, mean-spirited shit.

Imagine Sabrina hip checking Jackie Young to the floor, calling her a bitch. It would NEVER happen. Imagine Katie Lou tweeting that all Angel can do is miss her own bunnies to pad her stats. Again, would never happen in this galaxy or the next.

Privilege and fragility come to mind every time they open their mouths.

Love the sinner, not the sin! Well screw you: Nothing better defines a person than their BEHAVIOR.

With 25 games to go in the 40 game schedule, the Fever (5-10) have the 8th best record in the WNBA. The top 8 make the playoffs, of course.

And the 2023 Rookie of the Year is heating up.

This double double obsession the WNBA has needs to stop…10 points and 10 rebounds is not as good as 20 points and 8 rebounds….it just isn’t. Double doubles are the most overrated “great game” in sports. Every single one of Clark’s good games have been better than almost every double double this season. An inside player who gets 10 points and 10 rebounds is underperforming in the WNBA.

Hold onto your Skims. Brink went down tonight and had to be carried away from the floor with an apparent knee injury where it buckled on its own while she was driving to the hoop. Sucks to see as I wanted to see how her rookie year would play out and if she could get her fouls under control as she’s a heck of a player. I’m guessing she’ll be out of the Olympics now as this looks like something bad.

Good questions. Unless the coach explains why the offense was run the way it was, it will be open to speculation. I can say that Boston is more of a post player, especially if she operates in the low post. She's getting better on pick and rolls and DHO's. I'd like to see her develop a 3 point shot as well.
As far as CC goes, I'm shocked that she's even had time to feel any sort of comfort on the offensive end, as closely guarded, bodied up on, and under constant chase around the court. Still, her numbers are improving, and I suspect there's a actually some chemistry taking place especially between CC and Boston.
They have a little more time for practice now, but their season opened up with a bang. So many games played in a short span of time, and against the League's best teams.
Its great they've won 4 or the last 6, but honestly I think Boston and Smith still set REALLY poor screens even in the last game. Maybe a little better, but they still need a lot of improvement.

The way they did it is different though. AB is used to posting up under the basket and fighting for position to get the pass and then fight her way to the basket. Iowa's bigs would typically get the ball a bit farther from the basket or while making a cut to the basket. There would be some fighting for position, for sure, but a lot more movement based touches. It's also why being able to make a layup was so important. At least that's the way I've gathered based on things I've watched and read. There are others who are far more knowledgeable about these things than me that can explain it better though.

WTF?

What you just described is literally the opposite of what Megan and Monica did.

Last edited:
Mystics @ Fever tonight, 6pm CT.

This is another game the Fever need to win. The Mystics are 2-12, but they have been playing better recently. The next two games are @ Sky and @ Dream. Those games are winnable, but the Fever certainly don't want to blow tonight's game and then feel pressure to win on the road.

Mystics @ Fever tonight, 6pm CT.

This is another game the Fever need to win. The Mystics are 2-12, but they have been playing better recently. The next two games are @ Sky and @ Dream. Those games are winnable, but the Fever certainly don't want to blow tonight's game and then feel pressure to win on the road.
I read that Temi might be back for this game. Boston has been playing really well, but it would be nice to have a rim runner back for those fast breaks. I wonder if they might go big with her, playing Temi/Smith/Boston along with CC and Mitchell...*

*edited to not Temi is still listed as out for this game

Reactions: VodkaSam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT