ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Caitlin, Megan & Kate are playing today Games Thread*****

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Both games are on ESPN2.

6:30 pm CT
Indiana Fever at Connecticut Sun (-6.5; O/U 168.5)

9:00 pm CT
Phoenix Mercury at Las Vegas Aces (-15.5; O/U 168.5)

GNipcnXWMAAnZxF

Last edited:
Connecticut was the top defensive team in terms of points allowed & opponents 3 pt % in addition to being the #3 seed in the playoffs. Difficult first game for the Fever to say the least.
I will be curious to see what kind of action Kelsey Mitchell gets. They say she was practicing offense and defense this week. If she could just be out there as a legit shooting threat as a pressure release valve, that would really help open things up.

Why did Megan not get drafted until the 2nd round after being the National POY? WNBA newbie here.

My prediction for tonight:

25 points/11 assists/5 rebounds/1 steal/5 turnovers and a Fever win 78-72.
Let's see what the officiating is like. I hope the refs don't let Conn turn it into an MMA match like they did sometimes in the exhibition games. If the refs force teams to play basketball, then that line looks pretty good to me because CC is pretty damn good at basketball.

Let's see what the officiating is like. I hope the refs don't let Conn turn it into an MMA match like they did sometimes in the exhibition games. If the refs force teams to play basketball, then that line looks pretty good to me because CC is pretty damn good at basketball.
i don't mind a tight or loose whistle, so long as it is a consistent whistle. If it is a consistent whistle, she's going to cook

There's more interest in Caitlin than in any NBA or WNBA game.

Honest question for our regular WNBA watchers: how much more athletic are most WNBA defenders than the guards for South Carolina? Weren't all of them future WNBA players? Same for Flau'jae Johnson with LSU. Caitlin could score against them, and put Howard on skates in that clip above. Is there anyone who can truly just lock her down?*

*edited to provide a lively reddit thread on this very topic.

Last edited:
My prediction for tonight:

25 points/11 assists/5 rebounds/1 steal/5 turnovers and a Fever win 78-72.
25 points is overly optimistic IMO. Connecticut is one of the better defensive teams in the WNBA If CC does score 25 or more, she will need to get more minutes and knock down more 3s than pre-season I hope she does! Gun to head, though, I bet the under on the Vegas line (21.5)…. but again, I would need a gun to head to bet against her.

Reactions: WestCoastHawkI
Be ready for a rugby match tonight
Conn most physical team in the league. Espn highlights show two players hugging player with the ball and no fouls. Layups with body checks and no fouls.
They will try to wear her out.

Last edited:
Reactions: nu2u
Honest question for our regular WNBA watchers: how much more athletic are most WNBA defenders than the guards for South Carolina? Weren't all of them future WNBA players? Same for Flau'jae Johnson with LSU. Caitlin could score against them, and put Howard on skates in that clip above. Is there anyone who can truly just lock her down?*

*edited to provide a lively reddit thread on this very topic.

There's a big difference in a 4 year + WNBA vet & college players. What the officials allow in terms of contact on the perimeter is much different as well. Only 5 players averaged over 20 pts per game last year. Hopefully they get out in transition and she gets some open looks early.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Same reason two-time national POY Garza rides the pine for the Timberwolves. Not better than the competition.
That's something folks have to consider whether it is in this case, Luka, or any other player teams get: Does the player make your team Better? In time, Luka will rise to that level. Wolves see good value in Luka to keep him there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT