ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Chicago Bears #1 overall draft pick thread***

He bails on the pocket too quickly and is inaccurate when throwing on the move. Who does that sound like?
I've have loved listening to discussions and reading posts where people wreck Fields because he runs too quickly, or throws inaccurately with a trash offensive line, but Williams bailing on the pocket is excused away because he has a trash offensive line.

I think both Daniels and JJ will be better Pros than the entitled soft Diva Caleb , He will be having Bears Fans hating Him before Year 3 is over or He will ride injuries . They should trade that 1 for and absolute Hershel Walker type haul.

I've have loved listening to discussions and reading posts where people wreck Fields because he runs too quickly, or throws inaccurately with a trash offensive line, but Williams bailing on the pocket is excused away because he has a trash offensive line.
Of course there are concerns with Williams, but Fields didn’t show enough progress to warrant making a long term commitment. Williams is clearly walking into a much better situation than Fields did, but if you can’t see that it was time to move in from Fields, I can’t help with that.

Of course there are concerns with Williams, but Fields didn’t show enough progress to warrant making a long term commitment. Williams is clearly walking into a much better situation than Fields did, but if you can’t see that it was time to move in from Fields, I can’t help with that.
Agreed, were just thinking about the crap situation Fields had to deal with. for me his ceiling isn’t at all what I’d hoped it would be, but at the same time he had no favors to help him either. Nagy tried to force him into his offense instead of the other way around his rookie year, and then he had an awful line and the worst receiving corps his 2nd year. This past year, when the line play was better and they’d added Moore as a top receiving threat he actually showed some improvement, albeit not enough to warrant committing to him.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Meh. Just saying it's funny to see people say the same flaws Williams has that Field has are somehow different.

I’m sure this has been covered. Who can the Bears trade down to? Realistically

Maybe they trade the 9th pick but they’re not moving from #1 now.

That would be stupid. They need a qb now and Caleb is the consensus top quarterback in the draft this year. This isn’t a year where there’s an actual debate.
Thxs I haven’t followed along much yet for the draft and off season. Usually don’t start paying attention until after Easter.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I think Washington really wants Williams, but I think the return would be maybe a first next year and a second . I would still do it
I’d pass on that. My other interest is where Cooper ends up. Selfishly want him to play for Packers. Mainly because I get all of their games.

I think Washington really wants Williams, but I think the return would be maybe a first next year and a second . I would still do it
This depends who Poles' top QB is on his board. He cannot, having the #1 pick, risk not getting his guy. Lets say he has JJ as his top prospect, thinks he can trade down a couple spots for a haul, and someone else takes him?? Try explaining to the boss that you drafted your 3rd or 4th QB on your board when you had the top pick.

Whomever it is, he has to take him at 1.

Lions fan bruh. And I’ve gotten plenty of attention on here with my trolling. Example A is you literally responding to my trolling
Ahh yeah that's right, no wonder you're so vocal, lions had their best season ever so now their fans are all chirping. Too bad Goff is Cousins-light and can't win the big game. I predicted he'd melt down in crunch time against the 9ers and right on cue, he did.

Reactions: Hawked
Ahh yeah that's right, no wonder you're so vocal, lions had their best season ever so now their fans are all chirping. Too bad Goff is Cousins-light and can't win the big game. I predicted he'd melt down in crunch time against the 9ers and right on cue, he did.
If you watched the game you should know it wasn’t him that melted down lol.

Not sure where exactly Goff melted down - as a Bears fan I think he’s far exceeded what I thought his ceiling was after San Francisco.

I’m not sure he’s a guy that can carry the offense when needed but losing that game wasn’t his fault.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
If you watched the game you should know it wasn’t him that melted down lol.
Oh he melted down alright. Got tight and made a bad throw on 4th and 2 then took a bad sack. Put a little pressure on him and he folds like a cheap tent, always has. Better hope they can build a 49ers level roster around him bc he's not carrying a team anywhere.

The Gibbs fumble, going for it on 4th instead of taking the points
The Vildor through the hands INT that bounced off his helmet and caught by the niners which was followed up by the Gibbs fumble. 2 MASSIVE dropped passes by Josh Reynolds

And both 4th downs they put the ball in Goffs hands and he couldn't make a play. The top qbs convert at least 1 of those.
The revisionist history you’re are throwing out there is on par with your JF1 Stan stances. I understand the bears have probably the worst run of QBs in NFL history but I didn’t think it was that bad when delusional bear fans, like yourself, think JF1 is The GOAT of all Chicago QBs.

I’m sure this has been covered. Who can the Bears trade down to? Realistically
From the #1 pick, nobody at this point. If Poles jacked up trading down counting on getting a QB he should be fired. He now has Bagent and Rypien as his QBs. He cannot whiff on a QB in this draft.
I am a little insecure about the back ups. Bagent might turn into a competent back up, but I'd like a guy with NFL experience in the room. Those guys are gone now.

The revisionist history you’re are throwing out there is on par with your JF1 Stan stances. I understand the bears have probably the worst run of QBs in NFL history but I didn’t think it was that bad when delusional bear fans, like yourself, think JF1 is The GOAT of all Chicago QBs.
Claims revisionist history being thrown out, then says I think JF1 is the goat of all Chicago qbs. You suck at this.

Meh. Just saying it's funny to see people say the same flaws Williams has that Field has are somehow different.
They both go offscript and are amazing at avoiding pressure.. williams keeping his eyes down field and the types of throws he can make are what sets him apart.

Bears did Fields dirty with a complete lack of talent around him. Poles inherited shit. Doesn't look like they're going to make that same mistake with Williams

Oh, so we aren’t making up stuff? Thought that’s the route you wanted to go
One of us is... a good recap of Goff in the NFL championship. A good qb puts that game away when he has a chance-

Quarterback
Jared Goff played a solid first half while staking the Lions to a 17-point lead but — like the rest of the team — didn’t deliver in the final 30 minutes when the game was on the line. Goff fluttered passes at several critical times Sunday, including a deep shot to Josh Reynolds on a throwback pass in the first half. He missed throws to Reynolds and Amon-Ra St. Brown on fourth downs in the second half after getting flushed out of the pocket, and he threw wide of an open Jahmyr Gibbs on a would-be touchdown when the Lions settled for a field goal on their final drive of the second quarter.

It was an interesting conversation on the Score this morning regarding the picks. In essence, Sweat is their 2nd round pick, Allen is their 4th round pick and Bates is their 5th round pick. They also have 9 picks from last year's draft on the roster. According to Hub Arkush, they haven't even met with Williams formally and he hasn't had his Pro Day, so he doesn't know for sure that Williams is their pick. IF he isn't the pick, I'd obviously trade down and look for future picks, even with 4 picks this year, I think they are good with just those four.

Fields' ceiling is a top 10-15 QB in the league. Caleb's ceiling is a top 5 QB. It was absolutely the correct move to trade him, but only getting a 6th rounder in return is very disappointing.
The Bears don’t get to dictate what they get back. You can’t keep him and have him there when the new QB comes in.

The Bears don’t get to dictate what they get back. You can’t keep him and have him there when the new QB comes in.
If the Bears were wanting to get more back from Fields, they absolutely could have waited and seen if anyone got desperate due to injury when you think of all the QBs who got hurt last year.

This thread is awesome from an outsiders perspective on the team haha.
It's amazing how highly rated Bears fans thought of Fields. Literally fans of every other NFL team could see he was awful. They even gave him an elite WR in DJ Moore and a good TE in Kmet. Still, he sucked. He doesn't see the field well and can't make basic reads. He is a truly awful quarterback. But Bears fans think the team is dumb because they only got a 6th rounder for him. Yea, that's what the Pats got for Mac Jones.

To be honest, I'd rather have Mac.

If the Bears were wanting to get more back from Fields, they absolutely could have waited and seen if anyone got desperate due to injury when you think of all the QBs who got hurt last year.
That creates a locker room mess. I really think this was the way to go.

It's amazing how highly rated Bears fans thought of Fields. Literally fans of every other NFL team could see he was awful. They even gave him an elite WR in DJ Moore and a good TE in Kmet. Still, he sucked. He doesn't see the field well and can't make basic reads. He is a truly awful quarterback. But Bears fans think the team is dumb because they only got a 6th rounder for him. Yea, that's what the Pats got for Mac Jones.

To be honest, I'd rather have Mac.
This! The rest of the NFL showed us what they thought of fields this offseason. He is worth a 6th round pick. It was time to move on.

Fields' ceiling is a top 10-15 QB in the league
lol. No, it is not. I swear some of you don't watch much football outside of the Bears. Fields is a great athlete who happens to play QB. He is not a good quarterback. And by good, I mean capable of being the long term answer at QB for any NFL franchise. He will be a solid back-up/bridge type QB.

This! The rest of the NFLshowed us what they thought of fields this offseason. He is worth a 6th round pick. It was time to move on.
Again, Bruno gets confused when people don’t want Caleb. Not all of us want Fields either. Having said that, I think Poles could have gotten more for Fields, as evidenced by the report that for more teams were interested, but he wanted to do right by Justin.

Again, Bruno gets confused when people don’t want Caleb. Not all of us want Fields either. Having said that, I think Poles could have gotten more for Fields, as evidenced by the report that for more teams were interested, but he wanted to do right by Justin.
If a team wanted Fields worse than the Steelers I would think that would mean “doing right by Justin”. Don’t you?

I'm obviously not Bruno but there was plenty of support in this very thread from Bears fans who wanted them to keep Fields and trade down to add more talent. Plenty. If you'd prefer Maye or Daniels, then fine. But no amount of additional talent is going to help Fields be the answer. And MANY Bears fans wanted to go that route of keeping him.

I'm not a Bears fan (rams fan here) but I have seen a ton of dumb takes on Fields this past year from Bears fans. They were/are blinded in their JF love. He is truly terrible. And these are things that more weapons or better OL isn't going to solve. He is horrible at reading defense, seeing the field, and he is just a very inaccurate passer.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT