ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Chicago Bears #1 overall draft pick thread***

Curtis Samuel to the Bills. Even the WR2s are pretty well all gone now. It's going to be great watching Caleb run around for his life, fumbling 1-2 times a game, while his WRs are locked down and mid tier line looks back at him. But at least the Bears have the most cap space in the league! Too bad they don't give out Lombardi trophies for being the cheapest.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Curtis Samuel to the Bills. Even the WR2s are pretty well all gone now. It's going to be great watching Caleb run around for his life, fumbling 1-2 times a game, while his WRs are locked down and mid tier line looks back at him. But at least the Bears have the most cap space in the league! Too bad they don't give out Lombardi trophies for being the cheapest.
Did Williams sign somewhere or his he not top tier?

Bears should try it, get Daniel’s at 2 or 3, Odunze or Alt at 9

I'm not sold on Daniels. His stats at ASU were not very good. His crazy numbers last year could easily be a product of the system at LSU (and the skill position talent they had). High bust potential, IMO.

I like Maye's potential more. But I don't know if the Bears can actually draft another UNC QB after the Trubisky debacle.

I’m surprised they didn’t sign Patrick Queen, since off-ball LB seems to be a spot Poles love spending $$$

I’m surprised they didn’t sign Patrick Queen, since off-ball LB seems to be a spot Poles love spending $$$
That was all Flus. He gave Poles a shopping list to build his defense and got most of what he wanted. Look at the spending and draft capital on defense vs offense since Poles and flus came to town. Poles is a proving to be a poor offensive talent evaluator.

They're taking Caleb boys. I dont think its even close to a question

Agreed. Unless Washington or New England MASSIVELY overpay, they have to take Caleb at #1 and then try to surround him with talent.

The bigger question is what to do at #9. Nabers/Odunze, Edge rusher, or trade back?

Reactions: Tom Paris
Wonderful wr for caleb williams! Yes! Now if you get a WR, amazing. If no top 3 wr, trade back and get a DE

Wonderful wr for caleb williams! Yes! Now if you get a WR, amazing. If no top 3 wr, trade back and get a DE
I think Nabers and Odunze are only slightly better than Coleman, but I could be high on Coleman’s ability to catch in and above traffic.

Rapoport is saying the Chargers asked Allen to take a pay cut today.
He was going to count for something like $34.7M against the cap this year. It sounds like the Chargers had to either restructure his deal or trade/release him.

Agreed. Unless Washington or New England MASSIVELY overpay, they have to take Caleb at #1 and then try to surround him with talent.

The bigger question is what to do at #9. Nabers/Odunze, Edge rusher, or trade back?
Get Nabers/Odunze who ever is there. If Williams is good you need to win before he is paid.

Like it, but I don’t think this changes their draft strategy and
wonder if Allen will restructure at all to add a year or 2. Unless I am wrong, he is in the final year of his contract and owed $18-20m. Either way, will be a great addition; but at 32, history will say he doesn’t have a lot of years left.

Fan frickin tastic. If we get odunze:

QB Williams
RB Swift
RB Herbert/Roschon
WR Moore
WR Allen
WR Odunze
TE Kmet
TE Everett

Like it, but I don’t think this changes their draft strategy and
wonder if Allen will restructure at all to add a year or 2. Unless I am wrong, he is in the final year of his contract and owed $18-20m. Either way, will be a great addition; but at 32, history will say he doesn’t have a lot of years left.
I'm okay if its only a year.. to have the best hands in the league for a rookie qb? Awesome. Hoping for another year extension with heavily front loaded contract

I'm still hoping they keep Fields and trade #1 for another haul. Fields was great when throwing to Moore. With Keenan, Swift, and a better line he could take a huge step.

I'm still hoping they keep Fields and trade #1 for another haul. Fields was great when throwing to Moore. With Keenan, Swift, and a better line he could take a huge step.
Its not gonna happen. Poles woulda drafted him first last year if he had the chance

This probably means the Bears won't be drafting a Center?

Maybe as depth you draft a center, but this is a good signing. An actual NFL center who started 17 games last season. Not elite, but better than Whitehair or Patrick. Better than Bates.
You can’t draft a QB and then have a rookie center snapping him the ball and making the line calls.

Maybe as depth you draft a center, but this is a good signing. An actual NFL center who started 17 games last season. Not elite, but better than Whitehair or Patrick. Better than Bates.
You can’t draft a QB and then have a rookie center snapping him the ball and making the line calls.
Think I saw he had the 2nd highest pressure rate for a C in the league? If so that's not encouraging. Good teams always seem to have a stud C.

This stat is kinda funny because he probably had just as many catches in those 3 games last year as he will all next season playing with the bears.
His fantasy football value just went way down. Especially in PPR leagues.

This stat is kinda funny because he probably had just as many catches in those 3 games last year as he will all next season playing with the bears.
His fantasy football value just went way down. Especially in PPR leagues.
Viking tears are delicious

Reactions: GES4
Viking tears are delicious
Not sure if already posted; but Vikings seem to be making a move to try to move up in the draft for a QB. Doubt either of the top 3 teams will trade with them; but, thinking they must have their eye on JJ and don't think he will be there at their pick.

On the Keenan Allen note, anyone able to figure out his cap hit? I am seeing conflicting reports of $23m and $30m, which i believe was his cap hit if he stayed with the Chargers.

I think they trade down at 9. Drop back a few spots, add some late picks and still get an impact player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT