ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Chicago Bears #1 overall draft pick thread***

I'm officially on draft OD at this point. It's just too long after the end of season and even after the combine, wish they'd move it forward a month.
My bears preferred draft picks -
1 - Williams, done deal.
9 - Odunze if he's there, if not trade back to grab Verse.
75 - hoping for the edge Trice from Washington here, didn't test great but he's got a motor to be a good pass rusher.
122 - center Limmer from. Arkansas. Tough high IQ dude who can develop with Williams.

I'm officially on draft OD at this point. It's just too long after the end of season and even after the combine, wish they'd move it forward a month.
My bears preferred draft picks -
1 - Williams, done deal.
9 - Odunze if he's there, if not trade back to grab Verse.
75 - hoping for the edge Trice from Washington here, didn't test great but he's got a motor to be a good pass rusher.
122 - center Limmer from. Arkansas. Tough high IQ dude who can develop with Williams.

The Bears REALLY need 4 QB's to be taken in the top 8. That would guarantee one of Joe Alt, Dallas Turner, or Odunze to fall to them at #9. If not, I agree that they need to trade back.

The Bears REALLY need 4 QB's to be taken in the top 8. That would guarantee one of Joe Alt, Dallas Turner, or Odunze to fall to them at #9. If not, I agree that they need to trade back.
Wonder if Denver is going to stand pat now that they signed Zach Wilson? If so that really leaves just the vikings and Raiders as likely trade up into the top 10 options?

Minor trade between the Jets and the Broncos today sending Zach Wilson to Denver in what was essentially a swap of a 7th round pick also going to Denver, and the Jets getting a 6th round pick in return. This means that only one first round pick from the 2021 QB class is still with their original team, Trevor Lawrence.
Food for thought as visions of franchise leading QBs dance in the heads of NFL fans. Trey Lance, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones and Justin Fields have all been traded away from their original team.

Reactions: TJ8869
Here is my concern about taking a LT. Of the 3 positions people are discussing for Chicago, I think Tackle is the one where the draft pick is going to very possibly struggle to win the job. It is far from a guarantee that Alt, for example, could beat out Braxton Jones. That would mean you just drafted a swing tackle with the 9th pick. I think the best WR on the board - if it's one of the big 3 - will walk in and be the #3 WR on day one. I think whomever they would pick at DE would be the starter opposite Sweat on Day 1. If that makes sense. They would have to be damn sure a guy is going to beat out Jones if they were to pick an LT at 9.
Alt would beat out Jones

Reactions: lucas80
Food for thought as visions of franchise leading QBs dance in the heads of NFL fans. Trey Lance, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones and Justin Fields have all been traded away from their original team.
More food for thought - the reason the Bears have the #1 overall pick is because last year’s #1 overall pick led his team to a league-worst 2-15 record.

Last edited:
More food for thought - the reason the Bears have the #1 overall pick is because last year’s #1 overall pick led his team to a league-worst 2-15 record.
Fair enough, but the Panthers are poorly run, and have a moron for an owner. The highlight for him this year wasn't even firing another coach, it was throwing a drink at a fan.

The Bears with some pre draft fireworks. Reportedly they will make a stronger play for a lakefront stadium this week.
I’ll give Warren one thing, the franchise seems to have focus and someone other than a penny pinching dullard of a family member in charge. Finally.

FWIW, Adam Schefter is reporting that the Steelers do not plan to pick up Fields’ $25M fifth-year option.

The Bears with some pre draft fireworks. Reportedly they will make a stronger play for a lakefront stadium this week.
I’ll give Warren one thing, the franchise seems to have focus and someone other than a penny pinching dullard of a family member in charge. Finally.

I hated the idea of a stadium in the burbs, so this is fantastic news. The Bears belong on the lakefront.

Caleb Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bryce Young

With Daniels allegedly frustrated with Washington....do you think the Bears could get this years, 25's, 26's and 27's 1st round pick, this years 2nd, 2025's 2nd and 26's 2 from Washington for flipping them the one?

With Daniels allegedly frustrated with Washington....do you think the Bears could get this years, 25's, 26's and 27's 1st round pick, this years 2nd, 2025's 2nd and 26's 2 from Washington for flipping them the one?
The 1st round QB busts highlighted above is why you trade the #1 pick for a boatload haul and draft a different QB. I'd make this trade all day long for this kind of a haul and then pick Daniels/Maye.

Can only trade three 1s and it's not happening anyway. Caleb is a Bear, it's a done deal. The only mystery for Chicago is what they do at 9.

Reactions: Bro D
Caleb Williams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bryce Young
In terms of raw talent, maybe. But raw talent alone doesn’t win football games in the NFL.

Williams lost 5 of his last 6 games at USC and 7 of his last 14. He led a preseason Top 10 team to a 7-5 season and a Sun Bowl berth. And USC’s best game of the year was arguably that bowl game, when Williams sat out and his backup lit up Louisville in his first career start.

He refused to talk to the media after losing to Tulane in the Cotton Bowl. He cried in his mother’s arms after the loss to Washington. That doesn’t convince me that he’s ready to lead the Bears back to the promised land.

The Chicago media is going to eat this guy alive.

• Haha
Reactions: Bro D
Nobody thinks he's good but a segment of Bears' fans.
He’s not a franchise cornerstone like Mahomes or Allen or Burrow or Hurts. But if a conditional 6th round draft pick was the best I could get in return then he’s good enough that I would have kept him on the roster as a $3.2M backup.

In terms of raw talent, maybe. But raw talent alone doesn’t win football games in the NFL.

Williams lost 5 of his last 6 games at USC and 7 of his last 14. He led a preseason Top 10 team to a 7-5 season and a Sun Bowl berth. And USC’s best game of the year was arguably that bowl game, when Williams sat out and his backup lit up Louisville in his first career start.

He refused to talk to the media after losing to Tulane in the Cotton Bowl. He cried in his mother’s arms after the loss to Washington. That doesn’t convince me that he’s ready to lead the Bears back to the promised land.

The media eating him alive? He's arguably the most prepared prospect to deal with the media to ever come into the league.

Everything else you said are just ridiculous talking points imo

Reactions: win1forthe
He’s not a franchise cornerstone like Mahomes or Allen or Burrow or Hurts. But if a conditional 6th round draft pick was the best I could get in return then he’s good enough that I would have kept him on the roster as a $3.2M backup.
I was for this idea but all I heard was that it would have made things really uncomfortable at Halas Hall. It bothers me that they just gave Fields away.

Reactions: kkhawk

I don’t like avoiding the media, but in college you can do that. I don’t care about crying after a game. If he cries during games it’s an issue. After a game shows emotion and to an extent that he cares.

Reactions: pink shizzle
New stadium renderings arent too shabby. Mayor said "no new taxes" on production but we'll see.
Looks very nice. Wondering about parking as it looks like all that parking garages and McCormick lots are wiped out in the renderings. Guessing there will be underground parking? Easier to take the train anyway.

As a Chicagoan of 15 years who will be making the move to the burbs this summer, I always wanted them to stay on the lakefront if possible. Arlington Heights sucks.

That would be a ridiculous haul..even 2 #1s and 2#2s bears should jump at it.
But WASH is not that crazed
Williams it is...hope he is special.
Nobody is sure thing but the fate of franchise rests on this puck.

Looks very nice. Wondering about parking as it looks like all that parking garages and McCormick lots are wiped out in the renderings. Guessing there will be underground parking? Easier to take the train anyway.

As a Chicagoan of 15 years who will be making the move to the burbs this summer, I always wanted them to stay on the lakefront if possible. Arlington Heights sucks.

:)

ESPN’s Matt Miller is projecting in his final mock draft that the Vikings will give both of this year’s first-round picks (11 and 23) plus next year’s first-round pick to the Chargers so they can move up to #5 and take McCarthy.

That seems crazy to me. If someone is eager to overpay for your draft pick, oblige them.

I think the area underneath the baseball and football fields is all underground parking. There will also be a new parking deck south of the stadium. I like the fact that the trains will drop you off right at the stadium, rather than the current 20-30 minute walk to the closest stop.
I'm really surprised they got off the Arlington Heights plan so quickly but that's how things go in Chicago. As someone who attends games every other year or so, I liked the idea of easier access that would have been offered by being in AH. Access to the stadium before and after games sucks now, and I don't see how eliminating the biggest parking lot helps...
The baseball fields and open spaces in the middle of the old stadium surrounded by the columns is dumb... this is where the bears org needs to push for their own entertainment space. Keep the columns but build shops, restaurants, bars, etc... on the inside so people have a place to hang out before and after the games. Especially since they're effectively killing the tailgating now.

Reactions: kkhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT