ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Chicago Bears #1 overall draft pick thread***

Perhaps this is what they wanted all along and AH was just leverage.
I don't think so... that's really expensive leverage, the bears paid 200 million for it.
I think they fully intended to build in AH until dingbat mayor Lightfoot was replaced by Brandon Johnson who has been much more eager to work with the bears on a stadium solution.

I’m aware. But strictly as a Bears football fan, I hate it. So much.
I'm coming around to the dome idea. I really don't enjoy sitting in cold or rain and the product on the field suffers when it gets miserably cold or wet.

Reactions: kkhawk
I didn’t think they were going to use retract able.

If that’s the case, that would be great
With the cost of these projects these days, I often wonder why teams don’t add on the cost for a retractable roof.

As for the Bears draft, #1 is obviously Williams. I feel like #9 is a tough decision. From what I’ve read, there is a pretty good consensus this draft is deep at WR and other positions, so I wouldn’t hate a trade and picking up 2 or 3 other later round picks. Won’t be mad if Odunze drops though. Browsers seems like the safest pick; but not a position of need.

I'm coming around to the dome idea. I really don't enjoy sitting in cold or rain and the product on the field suffers when it gets miserably cold or wet.
How many games truly have weather like that? I feel that teams in harsh weather environments should take advantage when teams from other climates travel

The Bears have one of the best receiver rooms in the NFL right now. They added a solid RB, and Kmet is an upper tier TE. Plenty of weapons for Williams to utilize. The question remains, will the o-line be good enough?

Definitely upgraded. The other two picks can be busts and it wouldn't belittle how successful the first was.

So I just listened to an interview with Rome Odunze on 670 the score. It was the Parkins and Spiegel show. They said they heard a story about him at Washington, knowing what their career receiving record was and making it one of his goals. They asked him if they knew who had the record with the Bears. He guessed Brandon Marshall. They told him it was a guy from the 1950s named Johnny Morris. They said his record is a little over 5000 yards. Rome said "In a career?!?!" They started laughing hysterically. Spiegel said "Welcome to our world Rome." People have no clue how bad bears receiving and quarterbacking has been. Odunze had like 3700 yards in college. I was rolling. Dude couldn't believe it.

Last edited:
So I just listened to an interview with Rome Odunze on 670 the score. It was the Parkins and Spiegel show. They said they heard a story about him at Washington, knowing what their career receiving record was and making it one of his goals. They asked him if they knew who had the record with the Bears. He guessed Brandon Marshall. They told him it was a guy from the 1950s named Johnny Morris. They said his record is a little over 5000 yards. Rome said "In a career?!?!" They started laughing hysterically. Spiegel said "Welcome to our world Rome." People have no clue how bad bears receiving in quarterbacking has been. Odunze had like 3700 yards in college. I was rolling. Dude couldn't believe it.
I heard a lot of this afternoon's coverage and a lot of it was Parkins patting himself on his back for his amazing insight on modern NFL football. I like him, but his knowledge of football is driven by X-Box and his gambling addiction. Not that I hate the pick.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Interesting pick in the 3rd round. A very lightly used OT from Yale. The measurable look great, but that's a developmental pick for sure. Poles must feel good about. a lot of things if he's using one of his scant draft picks for a project in the 3rd round.

Interesting pick in the 3rd round. A very lightly used OT from Yale. The measurable look great, but that's a developmental pick for sure. Poles must feel good about. a lot of things if he's using one of his scant draft picks for a project in the 3rd round.
Agreed and seems to be a project. Sounds like some are projecting him to move to G but could backup multiple positions. Based strictly on draft rankings, I thought they’d take the G out of UConn or a DE.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I heard a lot of this afternoon's coverage and a lot of it was Parkins patting himself on his back for his amazing insight on modern NFL football. I like him, but his knowledge of football is driven by X-Box and his gambling addiction. Not that I hate the pick.
He laughs at himself when he’s wrong so I’m ok with him. His producers put him in check often.

He was injured most of last season.

Reactions: kkhawk
He laughs at himself when he’s wrong so I’m ok with him. His producers put him in check often.
I have officially given up on Parkins and Spiegel. Unlistenable. It’s all about themselves. How either keeps their job is beyond me.

Wow. Love the Hawkeye; but only having 4 picks and don’t come away with a DE or natural guard/C, I know they may move the OL they drafted inside, makes Taylor seem like a reach to me. Probably why I’m not paid to help them draft

• Wow
Reactions: Tom Paris
Wow. Love the Hawkeye; but only having 4 picks and don’t come away with a DE or natural guard/C, I know they may move the OL they drafted inside, makes Taylor seem like a reach to me. Probably why I’m not paid to help them draft
They took Montez Sweat in the 2nd, Keenan Allen in the 4th and Ryan Bates in the 6th.

Reactions: RayRay3454
They took Montez Sweat in the 2nd, Keenan Allen in the 4th and Ryan Bates in the 6th.
Hah. Yes, I understand their trades but they needed someone to compete at DE and depth at G, especially given the injury history of their starters. I liked the Bates trade; but he hasn’t exactly been a full time starting C

Again, armchair GM here. Was just hoping for some competition there instead of a punter in the 4th, even though a Hawkeye. Also hoping with this offense, they won’t need to flip the field often.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT