ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

I only saw that Cubs lost. HOW did they lose?

Up 3. Little league error to give up 2 unearned runs in the 7th I think.

Tied at 5 in the 9th.
Score 1 in the top of the 11th.
Give up two in the bottom. Palencia hits lead off Bader, the gives up double to Lindor. Ballgame.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
The bullpen needs to be addressed. Wins/losses in May count just as much in the standings as wins/losses in September.

Reactions: TheCainer
OK, what PCA just did there, is that legal? He was holding his helmet and touching 2nd base with it. Does that count as touching the base?

ETA: I have the game on mute as I am on a call, so not sure if they are discussing on the call.

Had never seen this before ...

I did. Peralta got tossed in the 6th and was replaced by Peguero. Uribe was in later in the 8th and he had every chance to walk away or even do the fake tough-guy stuff of most baseball fights, but instead he chose to throw a punch. Will be interesting to see his suspension. I’m guessing Siri will ultimately get 3-5 games, Peralta will technically get suspended to miss a start, but they’ll just move guys around so that he basically misses none, but Uribe could maybe get 10 games.

These breakdowns are great. :) Language!

Reactions: wausauhawk
we really need Wesneski to go at least a strong 5 innings today
We need those bats to wake up, too. Yes, Bellinger and Suzuki are out, but we've got 3 guys in Swanson, Happ, and Morel we are counting on that are in funks. Busch needs to make an adjustment, but I like the overall pitching match ups in this series to get those sleepy bats woken up

Crack Open Busch Beer GIF by Busch

JFC! When are they gonna pull the plug on the Alzolay fiasco? Obviously he’s not going to push through this; he needs major work on his issues and that can only be done in the minors. How many games has he cost us now?

Reactions: mphawk
Dansby Swanson needs to quit worrying about his and his wife’s social status in Chicago. It’s time he starts focusing on baseball.

This is intolerable, so, besides being mad, what can be done to fix the bullpen?
As was mentioned above, there's going to be a pitching staff roster crunch when Steele and Wicks return, and maybe even Hendricks, Smyly and Merryweather. No way Alzolay survives that. I wish the team would make the move sooner, but right now it looks like they'd rather weather the storm with Alzolay instead of bringing Cuas or Little back up. Rather maddening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT