ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

Right now it's the best way to make a Cubs game tolerable.
Amy Lee Evanescence GIF by BuzzFeed

Reactions: darylhawk
Well, I guess Counsell is putting Neris right back up on the horse to see if he falls off again tonight.
Certainly he won’t blow two games in two nights, right?

Any one else tired of Greg Amsinger as a host in mlb tonight? His schtick is so annoying to me.

Two hands kid 😁
I have had that thought, and at some point he's going to crap an easy out away, but I love the swagger. The question remains as to what he becomes.
My dream is a Brett Butler type career. I think that is realistic. Superior defense, game altering speed, and the chance to pop one out of the park occasionally

F Nerris.

You all would have laughed at the site of me arguing with Pat Hughes as I was walking off the golf course last night. I'm sure anybody who saw me probably thought I was crazy, or, if Cub fans, probably saw it as totally normal behavior. Pat was singing the praises of Nerris and the clutch pitches he made to close out the game. Yeah, only because he gives up ANOTHER EFFING HR and then gets himself into a jam of runners on 2nd & 3rd. He created the damn mess. Pat got an earful from me.

IIRC, Steele's 6 scoreless innings tonight marks the 18th time this year the Cubs SP has not allowed a run. I think that puts the Cubs 1 game ahead of the LAD for the most scoreless starts in MLB this year.

Now, if we only had a more reliable BP and a more productive offense...

Most of the position players are why this offense is garbage so they can't say much

We’ve scored enough to be right in the middle of the wild card race / outside chance of division. We’ve had shit luck for injuries as well, but I get your point.

We’re mostly wasting some high quality starting pitching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT