ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

Suzuki has terrible tendencies. But maybe the coaches can't help him cuz no speak english

Chicago Cubs Win GIF by MLB

Reactions: noleclone2
Even though it's stressful, it's almost better beating the Sox this way. Their fan has to be so pissed.

Another thing is how putrid the NL is so far this year. Only 4 teams over .500, Phillies, Braves, Brewers, Dodgers.

Cubs are at .500 after tonight and 5 games back of the Brewers. Well within reach with 100 games left.

Cubs have the 5th best record in the NL and in Wild Card position. Just need to go on a heater. Need to get the bats going and shore the bullpen up.

We're in a decent position right now.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
I can't keep rolling off the golf course and willing the Cubs back from 4&5 run deficits. So I think the Ricketts need to put me on salary, a place in Wrigleyville, season tickets, and a generous comp on beverages. I'm willing to go to every home game. I guarantee an .800 home record the rest of the way, and of course I'll need playoff and World Series tickets.

It's a small price for ownership to pay for a World Series.

Let's get this done. I'll pack my bags tonight.

Why is Wisdom batting leadoff again today? Last night he struck out 3 times in 4 ABS (plus a HBP). Today he has 3 KS in 3 ABs. That's 6Ks in 7 ABs, in what is supposed to be favorable matchups.

I'm about done with this season. Hate to say it, but they provide no entertainment value.

Last edited:
Reactions: QChawks
I can’t wait for the upcoming discussions whether they should be buyers or sellers as the trade deadline approaches.

I can’t wait for the upcoming discussions whether they should be buyers or sellers as the trade deadline approaches.
I talked about that some on my pod today. I don’t think the Cubs have a lot to sell. They’re not built to sell. Happ & Seiya have no-trade clauses. Bellinger has 2 player options after this year for tens of millions. Vets on expiring deals aren’t performing.

Reactions: win1forthe
I talked about that some on my pod today. I don’t think the Cubs have a lot to sell. They’re not built to sell. Happ & Seiya have no-trade clauses. Bellinger has 2 player options after this year for tens of millions. Vets on expiring deals aren’t performing.

On the other side of that, they several holes to address if they’re buyers. Heard they’re talking with the Rockies about Diaz to upgrade the catching, still need to address the bullpen as it sounds like Alzolay will most likely be out for the year, and they have figure out 1B and 3B. Can’t see Jed addressing all of those.

On the other side of that, they several holes to address if they’re buyers. Heard they’re talking with the Rockies about Diaz to upgrade the catching, still need to address the bullpen as it sounds like Alzolay will most likely be out for the year, and they have figure out 1B and 3B. Can’t see Jed addressing all of those.
They can do some stuff at the deadline. I assume a reliever or two. Hopefully they’re able to get Merryweather and/or Kilian back at some point in July/August. I can see them going for a big bat and a catcher. I like what I’m seeing from Busch lately, so maybe he can be the answer.

The biggest thing for this team, though, is that they can’t deal for 4 lineup positions. There can be a big addition or two, but a lot of guys currently here just have to play better.

10-20 last 30. Dropped 5 of last 6 series; Needed two comebacks to beat the worst team in baseball.

And not enough talent for trades. Embarrassing.

Reactions: QChawks
This wasn’t our year for a WS run, so I’m not into buying too much unless it nets someone that be on the team in 2025.

Reactions: win1forthe
Coincidence that the Cubs won with Beth Mowins on the call today? We need to ride with her as announcer until this winning streak ends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT