ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread đźš˝*****

Love Nico, hate his hammies.
It’s not even really just about Nico - with kids coming and places where you might want to add a guy, there just aren’t a lot of open spots. 2 OFs with no-trade clauses, an emerging 1B plus a vet (Belli) who may or may not opt out of his deal, Nico and Morel are the most easily moved guys. Dansby really isn’t tradeable for at least a couple more years.

dude has been smoking hot the last few weeks

if only we could wake up Belli :(
Fans call for Happ DFA early in the season and he winds up heating up and does what he does over the course of the season. Rinse. Repeat.

It’s not even really just about Nico - with kids coming and places where you might want to add a guy, there just aren’t a lot of open spots. 2 OFs with no-trade clauses, an emerging 1B plus a vet (Belli) who may or may not opt out of his deal, Nico and Morel are the most easily moved guys. Dansby really isn’t tradeable for at least a couple more years.
I am not penciling Busch in for next year or beyond. He has a long ways to go.

Cubs up 4-0 in the 1st ...

giphy.gif

Is it his chase rate that makes them the same? I’m a little concerned about PCA but what the hell do I know?
Javy never learned the difference between a strike and a ball a foot outside and low, or how to shorten up with 2 strikes. There is still time for PCA to develop. I’ll say it again, he should attempt a bunt every game. Or, at least show bunt once during an AB during a game.

Javy never learned the difference between a strike and a ball a foot outside and low, or how to shorten up with 2 strikes. There is still time for PCA to develop. I’ll say it again, he should attempt a bunt every game. Or, at least show bunt once during an AB during a game.

PCA also doesn't swing out of his shoes like Javy. I remember watching Javy in Iowa and my brother turning to me and saying, "I felt the wind on that whiff from up here" after he swung and missed. Dude has a huge swing.

PCA also doesn't swing out of his shoes like Javy. I remember watching Javy in Iowa and my brother turning to me and saying, "I felt the wind on that whiff from up here" after he swung and missed. Dude has a huge swing.
Until they realigned we got to see a lot more of the Cubs affiliates in Iowa. I saw him at CR, Clinton and Davenport. He struggled at A ball, then adjusted. When he made it to AAA he struggled, but adapted. I remember dragging the kids to Principal Park one gruesome Summer night. 90 and humid with storms surely coming. Javy was 0-2, but then launched a ball halfway to the statehouse. After he’d rounded the bases as we stood and cheered I told the kids to pack up, I’d seen what I’d come for.

Until they realigned we got to see a lot more of the Cubs affiliates in Iowa. I saw him at CR, Clinton and Davenport. He struggled at A ball, then adjusted. When he made it to AAA he struggled, but adapted. I remember dragging the kids to Principal Park one gruesome Summer night. 90 and humid with storms surely coming. Javy was 0-2, but then launched a ball halfway to the statehouse. After he’d rounded the bases as we stood and cheered I told the kids to pack up, I’d seen what I’d come for.

That's awesome. The thing with Javy that is so frustrating to me is if he'd just learn some plate discipline he would dominate. He can go deep opposite field with relative ease. He's also such a menace on the basepaths that I think it would make teams think twice when pitching around him.

Dude just wants to hit bombs though, doesn't seem interested in anything else. Outside slider, up and in fastball, outside slider, up and in fastball.

He has a brick between the ears.

That's awesome. The thing with Javy that is so frustrating to me is if he'd just learn some plate discipline he would dominate. He can go deep opposite field with relative ease. He's also such a menace on the basepaths that I think it would make teams think twice when pitching around him.

Dude just wants to hit bombs though, doesn't seem interested in anything else. Outside slider, up and in fastball, outside slider, up and in fastball.

He has a brick between the ears.
This is my optimism with Morel. You can say so many things good and bad about Morel, but one thing that’s indisputable this season is the drastic cut in his K rate and the dramatic increase in his walk rate. That’s a massive change for a guy who is 24.

This is my optimism with Morel. You can say so many things good and bad about Morel, but one thing that’s indisputable this season is the drastic cut in his K rate and the dramatic increase in his walk rate. That’s a massive change for a guy who is 24.
Drastic one year difference, and it’s held up so far. He might regress, but even as he’s slumped he hasn’t started to swing at everything. And, at least he hits the ball out of the park once in awhile.

I watched those homers on a 13 inch black and white TV in my bedroom. Pure fan magic that day.

Reactions: hawkifann
I blew my chance to tell Ricketts how I really feel, he was within arm length of me. Talking to four random fans at Wrigley, none are fans of Jed.

Matt Spiegel had Bob Costa's on for 25 minutes today on Hit & Run, what an excellent interview. Costas called the Sandberg Game on NBC's Game of the Week. Funny to remember when we got one game on Saturday nationwide, and it was a high quality match up like that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT