ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

Not much going on today, but I noticed on Bleacher Nation a piece about maybe finding a trade partner with the Orioles. Not linking, but they only have 3 starters under team control for 2025. They have lots of MLB talent, and a farm system overflowing with high end prospects.
Taillon, Assad, or Wesneski were mentioned, but, would Jed be bold enough to trade Steele for the gigantic return he'd receive?

Not much going on today, but I noticed on Bleacher Nation a piece about maybe finding a trade partner with the Orioles. Not linking, but they only have 3 starters under team control for 2025. They have lots of MLB talent, and a farm system overflowing with high end prospects.
Taillon, Assad, or Wesneski were mentioned, but, would Jed be bold enough to trade Steele for the gigantic return he'd receive?
They better get numerous top 100 starters for Steele, and I don't think the Orioles really have that. We are already loaded with position prospects and short of starting pitcher prospects (besides a hurt Cade Horton who's already had TJ surgery).

That's a no from me dawg

I wouldn’t deal Steele (3.5 years of arb control for an ace-level pitcher). I’d listen, but the value being there in the return for a team that already has as much in the system as possible just likely isn’t there. O’s could be an excellent trade partner, though. Perhaps they’d deal for Taillon (I’m only interested in trading him for value) or if nothing else, perhaps each team could swap from strength within their system to shore up weaker position areas.

The Orioles gave up their 7th and 8th best prospects to get Burnes. The Cubs might get something in the ballpark for Steele, but nothing near as good for anyone else.

I just read that piece this morning. The Oriole players mentioned are 3 outfielders and a 1B. One of the OFs I noticed has hit 23 HRs but hitting .235. The 1B stats are about the same as Busch in average and HRs. Unless these guys project to improve with age, it seems a bit equal to what the Cubs already have on their roster.

CubsPS+ #81 is the 2 yr anniversary of my pod. A mix of personal and Cub reflection in this one.

The Orioles gave up their 7th and 8th best prospects to get Burnes. The Cubs might get something in the ballpark for Steele, but nothing near as good for anyone else.
The Cubs should get more than that for Steele, as Burnes is set to become a free agent at the end of the year.

Reactions: TheCainer
Cubs could ask for Jackson Holliday for starters.
They could but I doubt that conversation would be very long. The guy I want most from Balt is Coby Mayo, but he was untouchable last year, don’t see that changing. I agree with Hawkifann, there is no reason to deal Steele, I just mentioned him because his name was mentioned on here. The White Sox are much better trade partners with the Os.

Unless you’re Larry Himes …
giphy.gif

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
And away we go! Cubs have won 4 of their last 5 including TWO in a row. Buyers or sellers?

On a neg note- Swansby 0-5 with three K's. Cubs 4-17 RISP.

Matt Shaw played last night. There has been no explanation for his long layoff from the field.

It wasn’ta ****ing trade. Jesus. Having said that, giving up Moyer and Palmeiro automatically make him dog shit, unless it was Jim Frey who did that
Palmiero went because when both players were young, they chose Grace. Not the most egregious of choices.

What are the chances Happ accepts a trade?
probably depends on where

He's a Pitt raised and played at Cincy so I'd venture he may interested in those teams, although I'm sure the Cubs wouldn't want to deal him to someone in the same league

I bet if the Phillies came knocking he'd listen

Reactions: ClarindaA's
probably depends on where

He's a Pitt raised and played at Cincy so I'd venture he may interested in those teams, although I'm sure the Cubs wouldn't want to deal him to someone in the same league

I bet if the Phillies came knocking he'd listen
Need to get the best prospect available, who has the best system right more that would be a Happ buyer?

Hitman has been a little quiet
When it matters the most Ian Happ shits the bed every time. He’s using baseball to become a celebrity. He thinks he’s one of the most iconic sports figures in Chicago. The Cubs will never win anything with Happ around. He’s just putting up meaningless stats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT