ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

I know. It was a little joke. I know he didn’t want to pay Boris money.
rocky and bullwinkle s3 GIF

?

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I am now trending towards Ballesteros getting a call up if the Cubs sell off. I know for all the service time people that's heresy to utter, but, there will be spots on the roster, he is raking, and you gotta figure out how realistic 2025 is for him.

Taking into account various catchers and pitchers, but where has this base running aggression been?

Reactions: TheCainer
I have doubts about his value with the 2 opt out years on his deal. Hard to value his return unless a team can negotiate it somehow.
I'm sure there will have to be some money moved around. Sounds like there is a lot of interest though. I've read interested teams include NYY, PHL, ATL, LAD, and SF.

Taking into account various catchers and pitchers, but where has this base running aggression been?
It’s been there all season - they lead the majors in being thrown out at each base. They’re just starting to be successful now.

• Haha
Reactions: lucas80
I am now trending towards Ballesteros getting a call up if the Cubs sell off. I know for all the service time people that's heresy to utter, but, there will be spots on the roster, he is raking, and you gotta figure out how realistic 2025 is for him.
What I’ve heard from someone who covers AAA is that Ballesteros can hit now in the majors, but he absolutely cannot play defense yet in the majors. Needs to work of pitch selection, framing and other very basics of defense. When asked if he could play another position…the answer was it’s C or DH only.

Alexander Canario reported by Jesse Rogers as heading to Baltimore today. Haven’t seen a specific report on Bellinger yet, but that may indicate a broken thumb (?) from the HBP last night. Interestingly, since leaving a game June 15 with something described as a really minor injury (he only missed a couple games), Canario has been exclusively DH since returning June 19. He’s been on a heater, though, so hopefully he gets some plate appearances and can keep the bat hot.

What I’ve heard from someone who covers AAA is that Ballesteros can hit now in the majors, but he absolutely cannot play defense yet in the majors. Needs to work of pitch selection, framing and other very basics of defense. When asked if he could play another position…the answer was it’s C or DH only.
I've heard that, but currently feature 2 guys who cannot hit. I think the defensive lapses are overstated.
I'm just saying if the wheels come off and trades are made, see if the bat works. Reward the player.

Reactions: hawkifann
I've heard that, but currently feature 2 guys who cannot hit. I think the defensive lapses are overstated.
I'm just saying if the wheels come off and trades are made, see if the bat works. Reward the player.
I’d be less concerned about the framing/D (Amaya hasn’t been great this year, either) than I would be about calling the game and managing the game. That said, the Cubs have a pretty good pitching coach and some smart, vet pitchers that can probably call 80%+ of their own stuff.

Honestly, I’m ready to move on from Belli
Who are you replacing him with? The vaunted AAA OF depth has been injured to the point that Miles Mastroboner is a legit OF option until Bellinger returns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT