ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

I enjoy baseball a lot. I like to watch teams and players who play the game the right way. Players like Jim Edmonds, Chipper Jones, Scott Rolen, Andre Dawson, and Ryne Sandberg played the game the right way. They never used baseball to improve their social status in the city they were playing in.
"They never used baseball to improve their social status in the city they were playing in."
Never? You may want to avoid absolutes like that......

"Chipper Jones once impregnated Hooters waitress while under fire for affair with a Macon-based girl in double whammy"​

"Their split turned nasty after the Bravo alum accused the former baseball player of having an affair with their 22-year-old nanny, Carly Wilson. Edmonds and Wilson, who were spotted at a hockey game together"

"I quit because I didn't like my job
anymore....The truth is my personal situation had nothing to do
with why I announced my retirement from baseball."
His wife? Another story on the 'right way'

Solid effort on your part.

Dawson and Rolen might have been a good spot to stop.

He was up. He got called up between games of the double header on Saturday and stayed up for Sunday’s game, but didn’t pitch.
Thanks, I was mostly out of touch with the world from Friday to Sunday night. I got the scores, but didn't have enough internet juice to read the recaps or see the transactions.

Reactions: hawkifann
"They never used baseball to improve their social status in the city they were playing in."
Never? You may want to avoid absolutes like that......

"Chipper Jones once impregnated Hooters waitress while under fire for affair with a Macon-based girl in double whammy"​

"Their split turned nasty after the Bravo alum accused the former baseball player of having an affair with their 22-year-old nanny, Carly Wilson. Edmonds and Wilson, who were spotted at a hockey game together"

"I quit because I didn't like my job
anymore....The truth is my personal situation had nothing to do
with why I announced my retirement from baseball."
His wife? Another story on the 'right way'

Solid effort on your part.

Dawson and Rolen might have been a good spot to stop.
Jones and Edmonds never brought their personal issues to the ball field. Unlike Happ and Suzuki.

Jones and Edmonds never brought their personal issues to the ball field. Unlike Happ and Suzuki.
You followed Larry and Edmonds career that closely? Kudos to you. I assumed you were just a Cubs fan lacking a clue. Didn’t know the depth of your knowledge. Much respect for the depth of your insight. Also glad you didn’t let your Asian hate expand to the Cubs all star this year.

If you need help understanding ‘sarcasm’ let me know, I have had to teach it to 3rd graders before.

You followed Larry and Edmonds career that closely? Kudos to you. I assumed you were just a Cubs fan lacking a clue. Didn’t know the depth of your knowledge. Much respect for the depth of your insight. Also glad you didn’t let your Asian hate expand to the Cubs all star this year.

If you need help understanding ‘sarcasm’ let me know, I have had to teach it to 3rd graders before.
My knowledge of baseball is better than everyone who posts here. I know not to build a team around Ian Happ, Seyia Suzuki and Dansby Swanson. I will take guys like Edmonds and Jones any day no matter on many divorces they went through.

He’ll likely be gone in a matter of days with Merryweather returning unless he shows something.
Sure, but he's a sack of garbage, and Jed thinks he's doing 4D level maneuvering here. Keep Palencia for now and send him down when Merryweather is ready. I don't need to see some guy who is 29 and bounced all over the place with no success.

Cubs come out of the second half gate strong. Must have got their rest.

JFC 4 hits
Wait For It Cat GIF by April Fools

Me waiting for Morel to not strike out and actually drive in a run.

Can we bring in the challenge system and be done with this bullshit please.
I've never really been a fan of robot umps, but when you see garbage like that it becomes more palatable. And, the atrocious call on Morel clearly affected Swanson's approach. He swung at two balls that were low and out of the zone because Ortiz had called that same pitch out of the zone a strike several times today.

Last edited:
Sure, but he's a sack of garbage, and Jed thinks he's doing 4D level maneuvering here. Keep Palencia for now and send him down when Merryweather is ready. I don't need to see some guy who is 29 and bounced all over the place with no success.
I can see why he keeps getting chances.

And the hits just keep coming...Wesneski to the IL with a forearm strain and Little done for the year according to BN
kick in nuts GIF

It's just been a never ending kick to the crotch when it comes to injuries to the pitching staff this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT