ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

He could just about play the entire OF by himself. Even though I know, it’s still amazing to see how much ground he covers and makes it look effortless in the process.

His angles are almost always perfect. He's not only lightning fast but he reads the ball off the bat as well as anybody I've seen in quite some time. If he keeps progressing at the plate and improving his OBP, we potentially have a stud at lead-off for a long time. That is something the Cubbies have been struggling to find since Fowler imo.

As good of a day as the Cubs had today with hitting 6 HRs, the Oakland A's hit 8 HRs today against Philadelphia. And, like the Cubs, they had 2 hitters each hit a pair of HRs, AND, a 3rd hitter that hit 3 HRs today. :oops:

A's Box Score

The Cardinals remain insufferable
Yeah, I hate to agree with Jim Edmonds, even though he featured prominently in one of the greatest Cub wins I ever saw in person as the Cubs rallied from down 8-1 to beat the Rockies, but he ain't wrong. I hate that little stutter step between 3rd and home.
Learn how to go the other f***ing way, kid. Don't be a 1 swing hitter.

He could just about play the entire OF by himself. Even though I know, it’s still amazing to see how much ground he covers and makes it look effortless in the process.
Coomer needled him on the air, reminding PCA that the other outfielders have gloves, too. Including a few gold gloves.

Reactions: win1forthe
The draft is shaping up weirdly. I wonder if NIL is a starting to impact drafts, or if teams will whiff a year or two before figuring some stuff out? Basically the Cubs drafted 3 guys at the top of this draft who project at 3rd. No pitchers until the 5th or 6th pick, I believe. Several under slot types so far today.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Yeah, I hate to agree with Jim Edmonds, even though he featured prominently in one of the greatest Cub wins I ever saw in person as the Cubs rallied from down 8-1 to beat the Rockies, but he ain't wrong. I hate that little stutter step between 3rd and home.
Edmonds came off as the old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. Morel didn't really do anything obnoxious at all. And then Edmonds calls the fan who caught the ball fat. He came off as an asshole. I'm sure he learned it from Tony LaRussa.

Edmonds came off as the old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. Morel didn't really do anything obnoxious at all. And then Edmonds calls the fan who caught the ball fat. He came off as an asshole. I'm sure he learned it from Tony LaRussa.
.202 BA, .303 OBP, .690 OPS
Morel should be in AAA. Edmonds was a red ass as a player. Teams need a red ass or two.

Coomer needled him on the air, reminding PCA that the other outfielders have gloves, too. Including a few gold gloves.
They all have to get used to each other. CF picks the balls that are his, but he also needs to recognize when a guy is camped under it and hang back. Most notably, he and Hoerner need to figure stuff out. There was a play recently where I think PCA makes a nice running, sliding catch, but had to divert at the end to avoid Nico. Everyone giving top effort, but they all have to get used to how much ground he can cover easily….and he also has probably the best arm in the OF.

Nah, I’m not there. Guys have their thing. Have fun with the game, love the game. Edmonds was just old man yelling at cloud….and fat-shaming a fan.

But yes, also learn how to go the other way for s

Everything you said is true….and Edmonds was still the asshole.
I would never say he isn't an asshole. His criticism of Morel's hitting is valid. If he'd been an asshole on the Cubs for longer than 1 year he'd be our asshole.

Reactions: hawkifann
I would never say he isn't an asshole. His criticism of Morel's hitting is valid. If he'd been an asshole on the Cubs for longer than 1 year he'd be our asshole.
I just can’t agree with not celebrating a HR….especially from the guy who had more fake diving catches than Willie Mays had great catches in his career.

When Jim Edmonds speaks you listen. Edmonds was a ball player who played the game the right way. He didn’t try to be a celebrity like Happ, Suzuki, Moral and Swanson. Jim didn’t care about his social status in St. Louis he just wanted to win baseball games.

When Jim Edmonds speaks you listen. Edmonds was a ball player who played the game the right way. He didn’t try to be a celebrity like Happ, Suzuki, Moral and Swanson. Jim didn’t care about his social status in St. Louis he just wanted to win baseball games.
I'm sure Jim Edmonds, who led MLB in unnecessarily diving for flyballs during his career, didn't care about making sportcenter when he did that.

I’m watching the All Star game and I don’t see Ian Happ anywhere. There’s no mention of him on TV. How can MLB have an All Star game without the greatest Cub of all time?

It must suck not to be able to enjoy baseball because you’re such a whiny bitch.
I enjoy baseball a lot. I like to watch teams and players who play the game the right way. Players like Jim Edmonds, Chipper Jones, Scott Rolen, Andre Dawson, and Ryne Sandberg played the game the right way. They never used baseball to improve their social status in the city they were playing in.

I'm sure Jim Edmonds, who led MLB in unnecessarily diving for flyballs during his career, didn't care about making sportcenter when he did that.
Edmonds always gave an all out effort on the ball field. He was ten times the player than your heroes Ian Happ and Seyia Suzuki.

I enjoy baseball a lot. I like to watch teams and players who play the game the right way. Players like Jim Edmonds, Chipper Jones, Scott Rolen, Andre Dawson, and Ryne Sandberg played the game the right way. They never used baseball to improve their social status in the city they were playing in.
Lol at “the right way.” You’re a walking stereotype.

Not to quibble, but that is confusing. Palencia isn't on the MLB roster, he's on IL. It reads like he was demoted.
He was up. He got called up between games of the double header on Saturday and stayed up for Sunday’s game, but didn’t pitch.

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT