ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

Is this Cubs team worse than last years?

Is there a single statistical improvement? Maybe SP quality starts.

Do the Cubs have a top 50 player on their roster?

Did they make one move in the off season that has made them better?

Is this Cubs team worse than last years?

Is there a single statistical improvement? Maybe SP quality starts.

Do the Cubs have a top 50 player on their roster?

Did they make one move in the off season that has made them better?
So far, this team is 3 games better than they were last year through 57 games. The starting rotation is way better than last year 1-5 and I don’t think it’s debatable. At this time last year, the pen was a mess, but would emerge as a strength (based on 4 guys) until running out of gas in September. Offense is a push. The roster is better, but not currently playing like it.

That is so much like the Cubs. Walk the 8th place hitter and then give up a HR to the 9th place pinch hitter hitting about .200.

I think I could write a script for each Cubs game.

EDIT: Now walks de la Cruz. Off to the races, baby!

Reactions: QChawks
Honestly, they should have been 18 games over .500 when this stretch started, but because the owners are tight wads, we didn’t address the bullpen. They could still be 10 over with any semblance of a ****ing closer
Bullpens are more about scouting and grabbing failed starting pitchers or cheap bounce backs. It’s more of a numbers game. Spending a lot on relievers isn't a good allocation of resources.

Reactions: MuscoHawk
I'm glad we have entered the easy part of our schedule. 1-6 since the NLC week began, with the win being in extra innings.

Bullpens are more about scouting and grabbing failed starting pitchers or cheap bounce backs. It’s more of a numbers game. Spending a lot on relievers isn't a good allocation of resources.
no, but we didn't spend shit other than Neris

We can shit on Madrigal's speer all we want, but that was a horrendous send.
PCA is the only one on this roster that would've had a chance and even then he's probably gunned down too.

We just CANNOT make these mistakes and we do something stupid like this every. Single. F*cking. Game.
Vazquez would have had a chance, but for some reason Madrigal is guaranteed a major league roster spot, so we can’t have Vazquez.

If Madrigal hits .350, he still doesn’t provide enough value with a.360 obp, no slug and average at best defense. He is about as close to a zero tool player as you can get.

It is beyond me why he is on the roster.

I don’t blame Madrigal, he is not the one who put himself on the roster.

Someone needs to explain to me how Jed Hoyer is good as his job. I see no evidence that he knows what he’s doing. I have no trust in him trading our prospects and getting anything of value back for them.
While he is busy pissing this season away, I just hope he doesn’t do damage to future seasons in a desperate attempt to save his job.
Rant over

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT