ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

The silly season regarding trades has begun. I’m not sure Jed has the stones, but the Blue Jays are shopping Vlad Guerrero, and catcher Danny Jansen. I assume the Mets would like PCA back for Pete Alonso.

Fair points. But going into this year with the 3B situation pisses me off …
I remember the chatter, but don't recall the 3B available at least from the FA/trade market. That said, I believe the decision was made pretty early on in the spring that Morel was going to be 3B come hell or high water. SO that begs the question, WTF is Madrigal in there if he's going to kick the ball around?

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I remember the chatter, but don't recall the 3B available at least from the FA/trade market. That said, I believe the decision was made pretty early on in the spring that Morel was going to be 3B come hell or high water. SO that begs the question, WTF is Madrigal in there if he's going to kick the ball around?

I believe Matt Chapman was the potential 3B target in the offseason but that died once Bellinger re-signed. That put them right at the luxury tax and they didn’t want to go over.

Scott Boras boned several of his clients this Winter. Chapman was one of them. His numbers, by the way, aren't especially good given what the Giants have invested in him.

Anyone else amused by the boos Counsell received in Milwaukee? Ownership cut him free, why they so mad? He's the all time winningest manager in Brewers history, a man who did more with less because ownership is cheap, and they booed him.
LOL.

Anyone else amused by the boos Counsell received in Milwaukee? Ownership cut him free, why they so mad? He's the all time winningest manager in Brewers history, a man who did more with less because ownership is cheap, and they booed him.
LOL.

I wouldn't say ownership cut him loose. They made an offer making Counsell the highest paid manager in MLB before the Cubs came in off the top rope. There's also the hype video he made when he took over - "I'm one of you, I grew up here, I bleed Brewers, etc." I think if he had followed Stearns to the Mets as was rumored, the reaction would be much more muted.
I don't get the hate, but I sure have a couple buddies who were ready to see him go. He was a great regular season manager who made some truly baffling post-season moves is how I view his Mil tenure.

Last edited:
Reactions: tumorboy
I wouldn't say ownership cut him loose. They made an offer making Counsell the highest paid manager in MLB before the Cubs came in off the top rope. There's also the hype video he made when he took over - "I'm one of you, I grew up here, I bleed Brewers, etc." I think if he had followed Stearns to the Mets as was rumored, the reaction would be much more muted.
I don't get the hate, but I sure have a couple buddies who were ready to see him go. He was a great regular season manager who made some truly baffling post-season moves I how I view his Mil tenure.
He didn’t do it for the money. He did it for a shit load of money .—-Lone Star

down 3-1 already

Kid Fury Reaction GIF

This team sucks hard. Play the kids. Don’t trade anybody. Spend some money next offseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT