ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

I am going to ask the brain trust here about Porter Hodge. Can hit upper 90s on the fastball. Good slider. Strikes guys out. Why not give him a shot as the closer? Seems to fit the profile of a hard throwing, strikeout pitcher with a second pitch.

Can't be any worse than what we've trotted out there this season.
BOOM!

Vinny, we hardly knew ye. Signed one day, DFA'd the next day.
Sounds like the organization is rather clueless about what to do with this pitching staff. Not criticizing; I don’t know WTF to do, either. The entire relief staff is either hurt or sucks or both…

Just in the games I've recently watched, Amaya has 3 catchers interference calls in about the last 3 weeks. This is a rarely called infraction but seems to be all too common for him.

Also, Belli just got doubled off first on a long fly ball out with one out. WTF?

Reactions: darylhawk
Just in the games I've recently watched, Amaya has 3 catchers interference calls in about the last 3 weeks. This is a rarely called infraction but seems to be all too common for him.

Also, Belli just got doubled off first on a long fly ball out with one out. WTF?
I think they have moved Amaya closer to the plate in an effort to speed throws to 2nd due to his abysmal rate of throwing out base stealers.

What being a Cubs fan has been like since about 2019,

in-pain-ouch.gif

Belli was running on the pitch, but he didn't do a good job of picking up the 3B coach or finding the ball (which can be hard). The fact is the Cubs are trying to generate runs and running into a lot of outs on the bases. Tough to watch.

Belli was running on the pitch, but he didn't do a good job of picking up the 3B coach or finding the ball (which can be hard). The fact is the Cubs are trying to generate runs and running into a lot of outs on the bases. Tough to watch.
There’s also a good chance he didn’t know how many outs there were.

• Haha
Reactions: wausauhawk
I'm glad we got our 2 runs early today.🥴

Steele with only 13 pitches through 2 innings. Maybe he can pitch a CG and we can avoid the BP today.

nuclear explosion GIF

It's time, just put us out of our misery.

Whoever is in charge made the team worse in the off-season.

I liked that Steele went into the dugout droping F-bombs to his teammates.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT