ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

Busch has been one of the Cubs most consistent hitters all season but I was shocked to learn today that he has a 39% K rate. 93 Ks in 237 ABs. I never would have guessed that.

Well, when you decide to not show up to play a game, chances are your bullpen won’t be put in a position to blow a save. Maybe this is a new strategy??

Craig Council

regret GIF

If this season ends up with the Cubs being sellers, I don't trust Hoyer to get very good returns on the trades.
The problem with being a seller is does that mean you are giving up on next year? This should have been a playoff team/year. The valuable pieces are stuff you'd have to replace for next year.

Reactions: torbee
Can any of those dipshits hit? :mad:
Jefferson Rojas is 19 and playing in high A. Bret Bateman bears watching. He was a 4 year college player at Minnesota with some good bat to ball skills, and plays good defense. Rojas at this time has a very high ceiling. Bateman could be a 4th outfielder type.

Reactions: TheCainer
The problem with being a seller is does that mean you are giving up on next year? This should have been a playoff team/year. The valuable pieces are stuff you'd have to replace for next year.
They should be able to do some mix of sell/buy that doesn’t hurt next year. Could actually open up some flexibility heading into the offseason…..but then what will Jed do with that in the offseason?

They should be able to do some mix of sell/buy that doesn’t hurt next year. Could actually open up some flexibility heading into the offseason…..but then what will Jed do with that in the offseason?
Probably dish out 2 year contracts to old catchers with diminishing skill sets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT