ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Indiana at Iowa Game Thread*****

Not often 9 fouls on Iowa and 6 on opponent with Garza on offense a huge mismatch and playing zone. Lot of gift calls to Indiana. Not a great 1st half. Maybe JBo or Fredrick will make some shots in 2nd half. Can't rely on 2 guys to score nearly all the points.

I haven’t really watched you guys play much, but this Iowa team doesn’t have the defense to go far in the tournament. Tom Crean had a team just like this and they got dumped in the Sweet 16. I like what Fran has done out there but his inability to build a defense will hurt him.
1. I agree
2. That might have been one of our worst halves of the year.

Agree. Doesn’t seem to have improved over last year.

joeT trying to make things happen on defense and refs not letting him get away with much. He did draw a illegal pick call. Keegan quiet. Nunge okay but quiet. JBo 0 for game.

Reactions: Sett1997
Is Ulis injured? I thought we might see him in that half. If Joe T keeps laying eggs, we might in the second half.

I think they actually were really late on the whistle and they were calling the bump outside the 3 pt line.

Still... I agree with you. It is very rare for us to have more fouls than someone.

I’ve rewatched that foul 5 times. The angle isn’t great but from the angle we have it was a complete garbage foul. And I would say we have some fouls coming our way.

Joe is a liability at this point, out of control, tries to make too much happen.
So many times when he tries to create on the dribble our guys are standing around in his way, or haven't moved enough to get their defenders out of his way, either.

That's not on him....

However, something he ABSOLUTELY needs to start doing by next year is taking the wide open outside shots (with confidence).
There was a chance off a good ball reversal where Joe was wide open at the top of the key, but hesitated, then started to drive and be unselfish and fired a laser pass to Patrick, who got blocked......

Just shoot the ball, Joe.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
Well, the bad news is this appears to be the worst 3-pt shooting % since the Gonzaga game, and on largely uncontested shots. The good news being they're up 6 in spite of the horrid 3-pt shooting. They'll start hitting these in the second half if they keep getting these open looks.

Well, the bad news is this appears to be the worst 3-pt shooting % since the Gonzaga game, and on largely uncontested shots. The good news being they're up 6 in spite of the horrid 3-pt shooting. They'll start hitting these in the second half if they keep getting these open looks.

Nebraska game from last year says 3pt shooting can get even worse. Jbo shots haven't missed by much. Garza's 3pt shots were way off. Connor made 1 and then did heat check. If 3pt shooting doesn't turn around, need Garza to go off 20pts in 2nd half.

We don’t get the home court advantage that most top 10 teams seem to get, that’s for sure.

Garza also not getting the calls a "leading candidate for player of the year" should be getting. Garza is constantly taking MUCH more contact than the touch fouls called on the Hawkeye's. It's a shame, Iowa is one of my fav teams to watch, I still don't think IU wins, but still...wtf.

Garza also not getting the calls a "leading candidate for player of the year" should be getting. Garza is constantly taking MUCH more contact than the touch fouls called on the Hawkeye's. It's a shame, Iowa is one of my fav teams to watch, I still don't think IU wins, but still...wtf.
Haha I can tell you had to live through the Hansbrough and Zion days

I haven’t really watched you guys play much, but this Iowa team doesn’t have the defense to go far in the tournament. Tom Crean had a team just like this and they got dumped in the Sweet 16. I like what Fran has done out there but his inability to build a defense will hurt him.

While that narrative rings true a lot...this wouldn’t be the game that where I would make that observation.

Indiana isn’t great offensively, but we’re on pace to hold them below their average and they shot 39% first half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT