ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA (#69 RPI) at Nebraska (#179 RPI) Games Thread (April 29, 30 & May 1). All 3 Games on BTN Plus ($$)*****

It’s one thing if the RFer is charging on a liner that may or may not be caught but, if not caught, the RFer can field it like a ground ball with his momentum coming towards home plate. If that ball drops between two fielders on a fly ball, the ball is going blot be pretty “dead” on landing, the RFer and 2Bman will be scrambling to find it and pick it up and then they have to set themselves to make a strong throw.

Bad defensive execution by Nebraska which was bailed by bad baserunning decision by Iowa.
One more thing to add to the situation was that this made it 2 outs with I believe the next batter coming up was struggling with 4 consecutive K's...probably low odds of a two out hit there. Topic now beat to death:)

Reactions: ssckelley
One more thing to add to the situation was that this made it 2 outs with I believe the next batter coming up was struggling with 4 consecutive K's...probably low odds of a two out hit there. Topic now beat to death:)

I was thinking about that too but even if that had been the 1st out of the inning I'm still having the runner tag up. But that does add one more layer as to why you take the chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT