ADVERTISEMENT

***OFFICIAL: Iowa vs. Colorado Game Thread***

1239760639.0.x.jpg

I didnt agree with the Gabby 3 ptr there with 44 seconds left. Ten point lead with with 25 seconds on the shot clock dribble it and run clock and get fouled.

I know they are the boss but lets be smart
Agreed. Thought that was a bad choice. Bluder likely screaming "score and time" to her after that one.

Every opponent will be more physical from here on out

When/if the Hawks lose...it'll be the inability to rebound/second shots.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Nice adjustments in the 2nd half to defend the three.
I agree, the staff made effective defensive adjustments against #3 - Formann in particular at half. She went from getting wide open looks in the first half to few open looks in the second half.

Reactions: MitchLL
I thought the starters were absolutely gassed. I don’t know why Affolter didn’t play more in the 2nd half. She is a very solid rebounder and gave good minutes. Too many times our gals were standing around watching due to empty tanks. Hats off to Addy too for solid work.

Reactions: RomanHawk
@BraydonRoberts5

For much of the year, Iowa has dealt with the expectations that come with being a top team in the country. But the Final Four is different. It is an achievement few teams reach, especially in women’s basketball where big tournament upsets are generally rarer than in the men’s game.

For most of this season, up to and including Selection Sunday, a Final Four for Iowa seemed possible, but not necessarily probable. That all changed for Iowa in the second round when 1-seed Stanford, 3-seed Duke, and 4-seed Texas all crashed out of the Seattle 4 region in less than 48 hours, leaving Iowa as the only "host" school in the region to advance to the Sweet 16.

Suddenly Iowa was a clear favorite to reach the Final Four. But before the Hawkeyes could have an opportunity to play for the Final Four, they had to beat a tough Colorado team to advance to the Elite Eight. Would the Hawks take one step closer to greatness, or would they be the next victim to an upset-filled regional?

RECAP​

The game started off well for Iowa. The Hawks were hot offensively, hitting a couple threes and getting shots in the paint. Colorado was cold from the floor offensively, missing plenty of shots, though the Buffalos also grabbed a few of those misses for offensive rebounds. Iowa led 12-4 at the under five timeout.

Iowa quickly pushed its lead to 10 after the timeout — then Colorado caught fire offensively, and the Hawkeye lead was gone less than two minutes later. The two teams went back and forth the rest of the quarter, but Iowa held a narrow 23-22 lead after one.

Of note, Caitlin Clark and Colorado’s Jaylyn Sherrod each picked up their second foul in the last minute of the first quarter. Meanwhile, Colorado’s Frida Formann had 14 first-quarter points.

Iowa started the second quarter in a position it hadn’t been in for much of the season—with Clark on the bench.

Despite that, Iowa held its own offensively, and the game was tied at 30 when Clark entered again at the 6:25 mark. Iowa went cold after Clark came back, however, and Colorado led 35-32 at the under-five timeout.

The last five minutes of the first half were a defensive struggle on both ends. Iowa briefly took a 2-point lead late in the quarter, but Colorado got a free throw and then a layup at the buzzer to take a 40-39 lead to halftime.

MORE HERE: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/2-seed-iowa-87-6-seed-colorado-77-one-win-away-from-dallas

Reactions: undersized_post
So it's going to be (2) Iowa vs (5) Louisville in the Elite 8 on Sunday -- 8 PM CT on ESPN.

Winner goes to the Final Four in Dallas, TX.

Louisville is making its 8th Elite 8 appearance. The Cardinals are 4-3 in their seven prior Elite 8 games, including wins in 2009, 2013, 2018, and 2022. They were NCAA runners-up (to UConn) in 2009 and 2013.

In fact, this is the 5th straight season that Louisville has played in the Elite 8 (not counting 2020, when the tournament was canceled). The Cardinals are very familiar with this stage.

This is also the second-straight year that Louisville has played a Big Ten team in the Elite 8. The Cardinals beat Michigan 62-50 last season.

Makes me wanna vomit 🤮
Crazy thing is she said in an interview that she doesn't even pick out her oufits! ( May want to rethink that one Kim). She has a fashion stylist that sends her a different outfit for each game. Tough job, but someone has to do it I guess...... :eek:

Crazy thing is she said in an interview that she doesn't even pick out her oufits! ( May want to rethink that one Kim). She has a fashion stylist that sends her a different outfit for each game. Tough job, but someone has to do it I guess...... :eek:
She should probably fire her stylist, just sayin’

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT