ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA vs. GCU Game Thread*****

Luka is going to be special
tenor.gif

I disagree on the not good part. We were picked by many for the upset. This game was never in doubt.

Everyone is desperate to predict an upset for TV. There is no serious person who would put money on grand canyon to win straight up.

That team would not finish with a winning record in the big ten.

JoeT,Keegan, perkins, Pmac all played well off the bench. I think the defense struggled a bit because the GCU center was huge and had some decent skills and Iowa had to double/help on him and their PF was also a mismatch. JBO was on fire, which is nice to see.

Everyone is desperate to predict an upset for TV. There is no serious person who would put money on grand canyon to win straight up.

That team would not finish with a winning record in the big ten.
Disagree. Their big guys are tough to guard. They have solid guards.

Nah, they're solid.

😅😅😅

I love the meltdown on this board right now. Apparently people have forgotten that OSU and Purdue were upset yesterday. Winning is all that matters and the game was never even close in the 2nd half. Try to enjoy the ride.

Who gives a sh1t about those games?

They have no relevance to what Iowa is or isn't doing.

• Haha
Reactions: Eternal Return
this is pretty tame. The stuff that Liddell of OSU posted that was messaged to him is terrible.

Good point. I wish everyone would enjoy this, though. Each game is going to have a different complexion and Iowa hasn't lost to a team that isn't a #1 seed since February 7th.

Reactions: AlvySinger
Iowa played a C- game defensively in the second half (probably a C+ effort overall). They need to up it to at least a B- from here on out, and hope the offense is A- or better.
I think we played too much zone again. We're not a very good zone d team. But their multiple bigs challenged us. I anticipate more man from here on out.

Also, if we can keep teams to low 70s, we'll win.

Also, the refs sucked too.

Reactions: fezzador
I think GCU is better than the Oral Roberts that upset OSU. ORU probably isn’t much better than Nebraska.
Why are we underselling these midmajors? Look, this isn't like the old days anymore. Midmajor champions have skill. Add to that the abbreviated year due to covid, judging these teams is a crap shoot.

KenPom has them right around Nebraska so not far off.

Exactly.

That is not a very good team.

Iowa is capable of playing much better than that and making excuses for their poor defensive effort is stupid.

That was Iowa from November level defense and rebounding.

Exactly.

That is not a very good team.

Iowa is capable of playing much better than that and making excuses for their poor defensive effort is stupid.

That was Iowa from November level defense and rebounding.
Possibly. Although, I hope I'm right and you're wrong here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT