ADVERTISEMENT

**** OFFICIAL IOWA VS. GONZAGA GAME DAY THREAD ****

White gets a lot of hands on him when he dunks, but gets no fouls called... Must be nice for the Zags...

Originally posted by disgrig:
Don't think it's officiating. It's 58% shooting and 63% from 3-point. That'll do it every time.
Yup. It's bullsh** that teams do that to Iowa time and time again, regardless of how good or bad our defense is. We can guard them, leave them wide open, doesn't matter. They'll drain those 4-ft behind NBA range 3s.

It's garbage, but at least that will be their undoing when they do lose. I look forward to all the frustration that Gonzaga's players will show when they lose. Right, baldwinzag.

I really don't want to root for Duke but damn....

The only redeeming thing about this game is these cocky smart asses are not going to win the tourney. Going to enjoy watching them go down.

Originally posted by unIowa:

The guys got it to that 11-13 point range a few times only to not convert on chances to bring it to single digits, I think that just took it out of them.
We made it more difficult for them in the post in the 2nd half but not difficult enough. We needed some timely outside shooting to get us back in it. I could see the Zags giving Duke all they want but the combo that Okafor brings of strength and athletic ability might handle their bigs. That's the key to their outside looks.

Were eleven down 9 min to play and we play like its the end of the game. Man i wish we had a athletic guard. I thought Jok was going to be the guy that got us over the hump. But if he doesn't get a lot stronger he isn't going to do squat.

Solid second half but you can't come back from that big of a 1st half deficit. Hopefully some of our incoming recruits contribute immediately because I don't see much offense outside Uthoff on the current roster. This is basically a two man team.

Originally posted by EvilMo...Closet:
Originally posted by disgrig:
Don't think it's officiating.  It's 58% shooting and 63% from 3-point.  That'll do it every time.
Yup. It's bullsh** that teams do that to Iowa time and time again, regardless of how good or bad our defense is. We can guard them, leave them wide open, doesn't matter. They'll drain those 4-ft behind NBA range 3s.

It's garbage, but at least that will be their undoing when they do lose. I look forward to all the frustration that Gonzaga's players will show when they lose. Right, baldwinzag.

I really don't want to root for Duke but damn....
Don't disturb baldwinzag, he's on pins and needles waiting for the Iowa run...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'll be cheering for Alford and Duke if the Alford's can't get it done. That doesn't happen too much.

Outclassed today.. I supposed Gonzaga will go cold and get knocked out.

Whitey went out as a good player. uthoff also showed up.. Rest of team not so much.

Originally posted by MTHawkeyes43:
Where are all the posters talking about the Zags being easy pickins? Iowa has looked very ordinary when they are not playing Dwarfs. It was a great run this year, but Iowa's weaknesses are shining brightly tonight.
Nobody said what you're describing.

Deal with it, Iowa fan.........................................

Originally posted by Chewback:

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
Not the refs fault guys. Better team with more shooters than us.
Seriously. Spin it any way you want, but they're shooting baskets and we aren't. Can't win that way.
What they said.

Originally posted by GPRHAWK:
I'll be cheering for Alford and Duke if the Alford's can't get it done. That doesn't happen too much.
agreed, I really dislike this Gonzaga team.

Originally posted by GPRHAWK:
Hopefully Duke smacks this Gonzaga team. That said, Iowa clearly was not competitive. Sad.

Good season fellas. Thank you to Aaron White for being one of the greatest Hawkeyes of all time. Gonna miss that guy.

Thank You Gabe for 4 great years. Kid improved a ton since his freshman year.

Oglesby......bye

Could be worse...I guess

Winger: "...in the last two hours I've lost my job, my apartment, my car and my girlfriend."

Ziskey: "You still have your health."

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:
Where are all the posters talking about the Zags being easy pickins? Iowa has looked very ordinary when they are not playing Dwarfs. It was a great run this year, but Iowa's weaknesses are shining brightly tonight.

Sorry you are hurt, but I read plenty of posts about how favorable the bracket was for Iowa and that Gonzaga was nothing but choke artist. So you deal with it Iowa apologist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's stop the pouting. Gonzaga played great tonight and Iowa outside of Uthoff and White couldn't get going. Congrats to Gonzaga. They are a team that plays basketball the right way.

Overall we had a solid season. We continue to improve every season under Fran.

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:

Do me a favor and put me on your IGNORE list.

Be nice if Woodbury or Gabe would have showed up. Center was a black hole tonight for us.

You also aren't gonna win when you give the kind of effort they gave as a team on the boards the whole game. Pathetic to watch with a trip to the Sweet 16 on the line.

I don't give a f*** if you "know" you're beat or not, or how big/physical the other team is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT