ADVERTISEMENT

**** OFFICIAL IOWA VS. GONZAGA GAME DAY THREAD ****

Originally posted by ShawneeHawk 1:
Unfreaking real that big cylops Karnowski has not been whistled for a foul.
Or a lane violation. He's been in there all freaking night. A couple possession ago, I counted to 7.

The only chance we had to tonite was for competent consistant good reffing unfortunately we fell victim to home town crooked effing reffing.

Originally posted by baldwinzag:
Our best player, leading scorer NEEDS to get back in this game.

or game over Zags.

Wiltjer still watching from bench.

Iowa making a run.

Will be within 3-4 points soon.
Where'd ya go, brah? Oh wise one...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by spiderland:

Originally posted by baldwinzag:
Our best player, leading scorer NEEDS to get back in this game.

or game over Zags.

Wiltjer still watching from bench.

Iowa making a run.

Will be within 3-4 points soon.
Where'd ya go, brah? Oh wise one...

He is a zag fan. Who cares

The guys got it to that 11-13 point range a few times only to not convert on chances to bring it to single digits, I think that just took it out of them.

Originally posted by BubsFinn:

Originally posted by ShawneeHawk 1:
Unfreaking real that big cylops Karnowski has not been whistled for a foul.
Or a lane violation.  He's been in there all freaking night.  A couple possession ago, I counted to 7.
This. They pivot like 4 times and then add 3 pump fakes...

Originally posted by bizkitsngravy:
The only chance we had to tonite was for competent consistant good reffing unfortunately we fell victim to home town crooked effing reffing.
1st half was ok, 2nd half had more head scratching calls....calls difference will not be that much, Iowa will get some calls now that we are down 20

Gonzaga was allowed to play really hands on defense tonight and we all know Iowa struggles when teams can do that (MSU, Wisconsin, etc...)

I honestly thought with White's agressiveness over the last 7 8 games was going to continue unfortunately he decided to go back to his usual take a half off. and 1 good thing after tonite Fran will not beable to put oglesby in a game any more.

"Iowa can't seem to figure out this Gonzaga defense"....

No shit? They are playing hand checking, hold a bit defense and it's being allowed. Some games it is, others it is not

How in the hell did gabe dribble it off his foot. Our basketball IQ at times is just about zero. It seems we have absolutely no rhythm to our offense. We had are chances at pissed down are leg and that where a good point guard would take over.

Absolutely nothing from the 2 spot offensively. You just can't have that in today's game.

Originally posted by bizkitsngravy:
I honestly thought with White's agressiveness over the last 7 8 games was going to continue unfortunately he decided to go back to his usual take a half off. and 1 good thing after tonite Fran will not beable to put oglesby in a game any more.
He didn't get the calls he normally gets against "lesser" opponents, just like he doesn't get them against Wisconsin, MSU, etc...

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
Not the refs fault guys. Better team with more shooters than us.
Seriously. Spin it any way you want, but they're shooting baskets and we aren't. Can't win that way.

Don't think it's officiating. It's 58% shooting and 63% from 3-point. That'll do it every time.

Too many lay ups missed. Bad shooting night but still a good season. I already miss Aaron White.

Only reason we lost...

We got outplayed. Zaga is a good team. They will probably lose to UCLA because they will go cold. If they weren't 80% all first half, we might have had a shot. Sucks.

Lol white basically grabbed on dunk, nothing. Olaseni comes out to play d, auto foul.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT