ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official Iowa vs Purdue Game Thread ***

There were at least 4 missed penalties that were as bad as it gets. I'd be more pissed about them if I didn't know that there were two fumbles that left at least 6 points and maybe 14 points off the board for Iowa though and those penalties shouldn't have mattered.

If this team finishes 5-3 I'll be happy, although I don't know where they get 5 wins after this. They are going to have to beat somebody they're not supposed to beat now.

just think, you will have to wait until your final game to get thumped by Purdue, after taking another L against Iowa on Black Friday.

go pound sand and fantasize about the Big 8 days while blaming the Big 10 and Texas for all of the Husker shortcomings
We always love to see Iowa get beat.

Was Purdue ranked?

3 points in the 2nd half. Don’t want to get too sexy.
In the 3rd quarter up by 3, we started two drives at the 47 and 44 yd line and came away with 3 pts. I figured that would come back to haunt us. Way too early to give up on Petras. Needs to learn to take the short pass more often vs taking the low percentage downfield shot.

Petras was OK. Not bad, certainly not a world beater.
D was OK. Holes in pass coverage, mix ups in the zone.
Overall it was a Meh. Not a team that looks like a division contender. But they have enough tools that there are wins to be had with some improvement.

He's right. Petras was JC bad.

Not even close. It's understandable on why you would repress the memories of JC, but Iowa actually had an offense today. Sure, he missed a few passes but Petras played well enough to get the win today. I'm far more concerned about the defense and its secondary than I am about the offense.

O-line was better today than any other first game in the past several years.

Petras needs to execute better. It was his first start. He also didn't throw picks or make risky decisions. I'm not read to give up on him.

Ball security is something easy to focus on and fix in a week. BS had a fumble too, but got that one back.

The illegal motion penalties just can't happen, and most (all?) of them were veteran players.

BF called a very good game, but the above three factors kept Iowa out of the endzone on multiple drives.

I love PP and think he usually does a great job, but he was not able to adjust and take away the one player that was hurting them. Definitely not one of his better days.

Our offense wasn’t good in the second half but our defense was terrible. No excuses

Disagree completely. You should be able to score 25 points against Purdue. Holding most B1G teams to 24 points should earn you a W. Especially when avg starting field position was the 30+.

Defense wasn’t great, but another loss credited to the offense.

ISM's body language to me looked like he was not into the game. He did not have a good game but maybe Purdue took him out of the game.

Reactions: grayhair81
There were at least 4 missed penalties that were as bad as it gets. I'd be more pissed about them if I didn't know that there were two fumbles that left at least 6 points and maybe 14 points off the board for Iowa though and those penalties shouldn't have mattered.

If this team finishes 5-3 I'll be happy, although I don't know where they get 5 wins after this. They are going to have to beat somebody they're not supposed to beat now.
Its frustrating because it won't change.

There will continue to be lots of flags left in pockets in crucial situations for scrappy teams trying to get big wins against Iowa, and the refs and the Big Ten front office for officiating will just shrug their shoulders and be like "oh well, I guess we'll just have to, ahh, ya know, do better next time?....We won't, but that answer is what we're gonna give you at this current time."

F***ing trash.

We always love to see Iowa get beat.

Was Purdue ranked?
leave it to husker fans to take moral victories of what opponents were ranked higher. Its all you have had to hang your hat on lately, so congrats on your win today, I guess

This game is on Petras and on BF for not running enough. Great, Petras has a strong arm, but the kid misses dudes by ten yards. You could see the frustration in the receivers on his bullet overthrows. He lost the game along with BF. Old Kirk would have won that game.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
That one didn't come from the sideline, but KF isn't going to throw Petras under the bus.
I don't care if it came from the sideline or not. If a starting Big Ten quarterback doesn't know what to do in that situation, it's still the sideline's fault.

ISM's body language to me looked like he was not into the game. He did not have a good game but maybe Purdue took him out of the game.

Well your take is bullshit. He was interfered with and had shit throws to him all game. He did his part. What were you watching?

Well your take is bullshit. He was interfered with and had shit throws to him all game. He did his part. What were you watching?
You need to check out the ISM thread. Seems like I am not the only one who thought he had a bad game.

Get woke , go broke. Maybe if they practiced football instead of sensitivity training, and didn’t fire the best S&C coach in the country , they could have beat a perennial doormat without their best player and head coach. Fvck this shit.

JFC, you're an idiot. Please commit suicide.

tenor.gif

This is your idea of disproving that you're a moron?

Lol. You are more stupid and worthless than I gave you credit for. What's your next comeback, Pee Wee?

Im done with you. Inevitably these game threads turn into a monkey shit fight after a loss and I’m not going to be a part of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT