ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (W) vs Purdue Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
7 pm Peacock

Purdue (9-5) hasn't played since 1/2 since there game against Maryland was postponed due to a roof leak. Prior to that they've gone 3-2 in their last 5 games, included a 37 point loss @ Notre Dame. In their last game they snuck out a 1 point win at home against Rutgers.

Iowa should win, but it's never easy to win on the road. The Purdue faithful will certainly be salty after the men's upset last night too.

If anyone needs a link to watch tonight, let me know and I will post one....

NOTE: if you use the link, you MUST have an ad blocker installed on your device....

2 good ad blockers:
uBlock Origin
Adblock Plus

Google these terms, if needed.

Peacock again? Thanks a lot, Big Ten. You’ve got the biggest draw in college basketball and you relegate her games to a 4th rate streaming service. Way to help grow the game.
Serious question, what’s your issue with Peacock? I really dig it; it has a lot of shows I enjoy and I have been able to watch plenty of Iowa games this year between football and basketball.

Serious question, what’s your issue with Peacock? I really dig it; it has a lot of shows I enjoy and I have been able to watch plenty of Iowa games this year between football and basketball.
Yep - people bitch about another $10 a month for something but gladly shell out $25 plus a week for over priced coffee drinks. To each their own.

• Wow
Reactions: ddeanHawk
I’m already paying for four streaming services and I’m not signing up for another. I have no real issue with Peacock itself, just that I’m expected to fork over that $10 per month on top of what I’m already paying. Yes, it’s a choice and I’m making it.
The NCAA and the Big Ten talk a good game when it comes to broadening the market for women’s sports but putting Caitlin Clark’s game on a channel no one has doesn’t help. I would feel the same way if the games were on a service that I already have.

If anyone needs a link to watch tonight, let me know and I will post one....

NOTE: if you use the link, you MUST have an ad blocker installed on your device....

2 good ad blockers:
uBlock Origin
Adblock Plus

I need a link.

I’m already paying for four streaming services and I’m not signing up for another. I have no real issue with Peacock itself, just that I’m expected to fork over that $10 per month on top of what I’m already paying. Yes, it’s a choice and I’m making it.
The NCAA and the Big Ten talk a good game when it comes to broadening the market for women’s sports but putting Caitlin Clark’s game on a channel no one has doesn’t help. I would feel the same way if the games were on a service that I already have.

I get it.

You have your regular TV bill, which keeps going up.

Then, the streaming services in order to watch Iowa games:
$10/month for BTN Plus
$6/month for Peacock

And if you forget to cancel these subscriptions, that becomes another pain in the arse.

"A channel that no one has" is simply an incorrect statement. I have it. To each their own. I choose to not have Apple+ but many people do. I don't have all of the HBO channels. Pick and choose what you want to view and Peacock has been worth it overall.

I get it.

You have your regular TV bill, which keeps going up.

Then, the streaming services in order to watch Iowa games:
$10/month for BTN Plus
$6/month for Peacock

And if you forget to cancel these subscriptions, that becomes another pain in the arse.
Add in flowtv for fist 3 games. And if if you want to follow athletes after they leave its nbatv... plus the obligatory netflix....

Reactions: Franisdaman
I used to live out in Seattle from 2000-2006. I never drank much coffee before that, but when I lived out there it was practically a religious experience. It was so popular that the state government decided to yank a coffee tax for "child care"! The people didn't like it at all, but they kept up drinking their coffee (Me too, so I wasn't blameless in this). It is most definitely a full-out addiction. If you live out there from about October through early July the weather is horrible. It rains and there is almost 24/7 drizzle. The rest of the year is spectacular. We lived in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains. Deer, Elk, I saw a black bear that was way too close for comfort, and nightly coyotes were singing their songs. One morning I woke up to look a Mt. Renier, which I could see from our dining room (we had one long and huge window) I looked out the window and they killed and dragged up right outside that window. It was kind of cool, but also kind of scary.

If you live out there from about October through early July the weather is horrible. It rains and there is almost 24/7 drizzle. The rest of the year is spectacular.

So October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May & June = Horrible,.. but July, August & September = Spectacular?

Unless you got that flipped I'll just keep Iowa.

Reactions: ichawk24
Peacock again? Thanks a lot, Big Ten. You’ve got the biggest draw in college basketball and you relegate her games to a 4th rate streaming service. Way to help grow the game.
It’s all about $. Sorry you don’t have any, hopefully this year is more lucrative for you and the other poors who are bitching.
GO HAWKS!!!

Reactions: shikreto
"A channel that no one has" is simply an incorrect statement. I have it. To each their own. I choose to not have Apple+ but many people do. I don't have all of the HBO channels. Pick and choose what you want to view and Peacock has been worth it overall.
Can you watch the game on any of the other streaming programs you have?
I understand you watch other shows on Peacock is the reason you have it.
I don't to be paying for stuff I won't watch. I have most/all the sports on Hulu I need.
Just don't see why the Big 10 channel is not covering one of the best teams on their own channel.

It’s all about $. Sorry you don’t have any, hopefully this year is more lucrative for you and the other poors who are bitching.
GO HAWKS!!!
Apparently you don't care how you waste your money even if you have purchased other streaming that carry most of the sports channels. Some here have budgets to work with even though we do have money to waste so to speak.

There are a lot of people out there who struggle with the weather. It's called Seasonal Defect Disorder.
If you are from a sunny state, like Florida, California, Texas, etc., it can be very difficult to adjust. I had a couple of friends who struggled with that and eventually left the state. The weather like that is only in the western part of the state. The eastern part of the state is very different, in weather and politics.

Gotcha, so it’s really an issue with all of these streaming services, and I definitely hear you there. And so many of them are getting much more expensive.

7 pm Peacock

Purdue (9-5) hasn't played since 1/2 since there game against Maryland was postponed due to a roof leak. Prior to that they've gone 3-2 in their last 5 games, included a 37 point loss @ Notre Dame. In their last game they snuck out a 1 point win at home against Rutgers.

Iowa should win, but it's never easy to win on the road. The Purdue faithful will certainly be salty after the men's upset last night too.
This is a classic “trap game“ for the Iowa women. Iowa should win easily on paper but Purdue is at home and their women seem to be a team that bombs badly against a mediocre team then turns around and plays lights out against a heavy favorite. If the Iowa ladies are looking ahead to Indiana (who looked great versus Nebraska), Clark has a cold night with too many turnovers, and one or more of Martin, Marshall and Stuelke disappear, watch out. Especially if a Boiler three point shooter gets hot.

Hopefully, Bluder has them on high alert.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Can you watch the game on any of the other streaming programs you have?
I understand you watch other shows on Peacock is the reason you have it.
I don't to be paying for stuff I won't watch. I have most/all the sports on Hulu I need.
Just don't see why the Big 10 channel is not covering one of the best teams on their own channel.
Same reason the NFL is now showing games on Peacock. Or Amazon. Believe it or not, the Big Ten Network is bigger than CC and Peacock paid the rights to have some games.

Apparently you don't care how you waste your money even if you have purchased other streaming that carry most of the sports channels. Some here have budgets to work with even though we do have money to waste so to speak.
I also have a budget to work with, however, I enjoy watching Iowa sports, some of which are on Peacock, so I don’t consider it a waste of money. It’s just the reality we live in. Bitching about it won’t change it, to each their own.

Reactions: nu2u and telstar67
This is a classic “trap game“ for the Iowa women. Iowa should win easily on paper but Purdue is at home and their women seem to be a team that bombs badly against a mediocre team then turns around and plays lights out against a heavy favorite. If the Iowa ladies are looking ahead to Indiana (who looked great versus Nebraska), Clark has a cold night with too many turnovers, and one or more of Martin, Marshall and Stuelke disappear, watch out. Especially if a Boiler three point shooter gets hot.

Hopefully, Bluder has them on high alert.
Could be, BUT the only other time Clark played in Mackey arena she was really off and was 0 for 6 from three. The fact that they got there a day early (leaving Iowa City on Monday to avoid the incoming weather) meant they had a regular two hour practice Tuesday in Mackey as well as there usual shoot around this morning. Should bode well for our shooters, (fingers crossed), being ready for the contest.....

7pm! Peacock!!

Angry Fire GIF by Gerbert!

Could be, BUT the only other time Clark played in Mackey arena she was really off and was 0 for 6 from three. The fact that they got there a day early (leaving Iowa City on Monday to avoid the incoming weather) meant they had a regular two hour practice Tuesday in Mackey as well as there usual shoot around this morning. Should bode well for our shooters, (fingers crossed), being ready for the contest.....
Good that they arrived early.

The fact that they got there a day early (leaving Iowa City on Monday to avoid the incoming weather) meant they had a regular two hour practice Tuesday in Mackey as well as there usual shoot around this morning. Should bode well for our shooters, (fingers crossed), being ready for the contest.....

Agree with this. I saw someone on Reddit comment “Iowa’s travel plans were disrupted, could cause them trouble” and I could only think…rly?? Iowa usually plays better with a cushion day. Flying out the night before can mess with you sometimes, even just a little bit. It’s a huge reason why away games are harder to win. Rough flight, lumpy hotel bed, etc can throw you. That extra day means more time to practice, focus, settle in, adjust, rest up as well. I’ve noticed that when we have an extra day (FGCU / PKI tourneys, Rutgers for example), it tends to pay off.

Hard agree with this. Peacock is a great app to have. I like it for NBC reruns (SNL, The Office) and for Real Housewives lmao. And it has some pretty good originals. Based on a True Story is a great watch. It’s also fun, NGL, to be browsing for something to watch and be greeted with CC22’s mug — she is the face of B1G Sports on Peacock.

Purdue is at home and their women seem to be a team that bombs badly against a mediocre team then turns around and plays lights out against a heavy favorite. Hopefully, Bluder has them on high alert.

They have underperformed this year but outside observers had generally high expectations for them coming in. It’s likely only a matter of time before things come together for them. Last year they beat Ohio State and lost to Maryland on a buzzer beater. I’m not sure the coach is quite cut out to take them as far as they can go tho. She does continue to recruit decently, including a transfer from Maryland and her younger sister this past off-season. They are athletic and a mature team. They did a good job — and then later a decent job — slowing us down last year, tho they lost both contests.

Last edited:

I need a link.

cc: @hawkeye_wx @oldhawk56

REMINDER: if you use the link that follows, you MUST have an ad blocker installed on your device....

2 good ad blockers:
uBlock Origin
Adblock Plus

Here you go. Enjoy the game. ;)

#3 IOWA at Purdue

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT