ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (W) vs Purdue Game Thread*****

Garbage minutes for McCabe is criminal. The girl should be getting at least 10 minutes a game.
She is still undersized. Needs to add another 15lbs in the weight room so that she can compete with the physicality of other players. Marshall and Fuerbach are better on defense which is why they are getting the minutes. Her minutes will increase exponentially next season after another offseason in the weight room.

Reactions: ichawk24
I wish I could pause and rewind with Peacock. Just to make sure I’m not seeing things through my black and gold glasses 😉
Yeah that sucks, on regular TV I rewind all the good plays and shots, sometimes more than once, maybe I'm weird 🤷‍♂️

Refs definitely called it in favor of PU. Wasn't too happy with the announcers either when Caitlin got T'd. Kept saying they didn't see it but Clark was screaming about the clear reach in and take down of Kylie that was DEFINITELY a foul and the refs swallowed their whistles.
Yep, announcers didn't even realize this...the dipsticks

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Nope I do it too…unless we’re both weird??

Oh god, you're both like my brother, goes back like 40 times in a game and completely ruins the flow of watching a live event. It drives me ****ing insane. I understand going back during a commercial break quick and looking at something, but during the action... **** that.

• Haha
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Oh god, you're both like my brother, goes back like 40 times in a game and completely ruins the flow of watching a live event. It drives me ****ing insane. I understand going back during a commercial break quick and looking at something, but during the action... **** that.
I only do it on plays where the call seems questionable and really neat ones like Clark’s 3 that should have counted. I honestly don’t mind getting a few minutes behind though cuz then I can just fast forward through commercials.

I only do it on plays where the call seems questionable and really neat ones like Clark’s 3 that should have counted. I honestly don’t mind getting a few minutes behind though cuz then I can just fast forward through commercials.

Get your rewind game on point and wait for the commercial breaks. You keep the live action and get to go back and look at cool shit or bitch more at bad calls. Clark's 3 that should have counted got replayed half a dozen times during the broadcast.

Don't break up the action and the flow of the game.

Caveat: If you're watching the game by yourself, you do you.

Get your rewind game on point and wait for the commercial breaks. You keep the live action and get to go back and look at cool shit or bitch more at bad calls. Clark's 3 that should have counted got replayed half a dozen times during the broadcast.

Don't break up the action and the flow of the game.

Caveat: If you're watching the game by yourself, you do you.
lol I do watch the game by myself, which is why I do it.

Reactions: like-woahh
lol I do watch the game by myself, which is why I do it.

Oh, in that case who gives a shit lol. I do also abide by the unspoken rule of whoever is hosting the gamewatch controls the TV unless they have passed the responsibility to someone else. So I mentally prepare myself whenever I'm going to go watch a game at the bro's house and just let him do his thing. It's part of the social order.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Garbage minutes for McCabe is criminal. The girl should be getting at least 10 minutes a game.
Bluder is pretty much locked into a 7 player rotation maybe 8 at times. I also think Mc Cabe should see the floor more but in a different way. I don't think she should take minutes away from the players in front of her right now but concerns me is when coach Bluder still has CC on the floor in blowouts early, I fear an injury happening and that is when McCabe should be in getting minutes still with the rest of the regular starters. I was also one that was calling for her to play more when we struggled from the outside early in the year especially Gabby but now she seems to have played her way out of the slump the last 3 games. You usually dont see or I guess hear of allot of woman entering the portal but I could see maybe a couple from the hawks after this season but I dont think McCabe is one.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
That is weird. We paused and rewound a few plays. We use a Roku but I don’t think that should affect anything…
Don’t have Roku, and only use it through my smart tv. Just went to try it on the replay and now I can pause and rewind but I still can’t for live events. I don’t pay for the premium plus so maybe that’s why.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Bluder is pretty much locked into a 7 player rotation maybe 8 at times. I also think Mc Cabe should see the floor more but in a different way. I don't think she should take minutes away from the players in front of her right now but concerns me is when coach Bluder still has CC on the floor in blowouts early, I fear an injury happening and that is when McCabe should be in getting minutes still with the rest of the regular starters. I was also one that was calling for her to play more when we struggled from the outside early in the year especially Gabby but now she seems to have played her way out of the slump the last 3 games. You usually dont see or I guess hear of allot of woman entering the portal but I could see maybe a couple from the hawks after this season but I dont think McCabe is one.

I agree about McCabe, she should be seeing more meaningful minutes IMO, if only for the depth she can provide to the team down the road this season and she's one of the best pure shooters on the team not named Caitlin.

I don't know where she is in her thoughts on this, but it would not shock me to see her portal out of here and return to Nebraska who is building a strong team themselves. I certainly hope not because IMO she's our starting PG /SG next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT