ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Maryland & Northwestern at IOWA Games Thread (3 of the 4 games are on BTN TV)*****

Blooper to right and the fielder jogs to the ball. Then Sosa drops the ball after tagging out the runner. What a Jekyll and Hyde team this is.

Blooper to right and the fielder jogs to the ball. Then Dosa drops the ball after tagging out the runner. What a Jekyll and Hyde team this is.
Disagree that Frazier was jogging after that blooper. OFers playing deep because of the wind.

Blooper to right and the fielder jogs to the ball. Then Sosa drops the ball after tagging out the runner. What a Jekyll and Hyde team this is.

It’s really disappointing actually, Iowa has had chances in this game and the final game vs Rutgers to do good things and win. They lose this and it’s a devastating blow to the tournament chances. You can absorb a road loss like this, a home loss is tough.

Head scratcher that Norman isn't standing on 3rd base right now. LFer was on warning track and had to track down that grounder.

This game is like that deep sigh I take after Iowa beats an ISU team in football that they should. I just know how much home L’s can impact postseason chances.
Baseball is hard to win as it is. Especially when you feel like it's a "must win" against a team with some talent (specifically power) and on a day when it's a gale blowing out. I thought Iowa's approach and attitude was great the whole weekend. Could have won the game they lost (of course, could have lost the game today too). This Iowa team has played really well for 2 months now. They have put themselves in position to get into the NCAA tournament. Will they do it? I sure hope so. But the fact that most every year Iowa puts itself in a position where it has a legitimate shot to get into the NCAA by finishing strong is a testament to what Heller has done. Prior to 2015, that would have been a dream. Iowa had been to a NCAA tournament 1 time in the previous 40 years when Heller took over. To get them there twice in his first 5 years (last year no one had the chance to do it) is just amazing.

Sorry for the long reply, but just watching Iowa baseball be actually competitive and good is a sight to behold. Never really thought I would see it. I have concerns whether the pitching can hold up, but hopefully they can.

Baseball is hard to win as it is. Especially when you feel like it's a "must win" against a team with some talent (specifically power) and on a day when it's a gale blowing out. I thought Iowa's approach and attitude was great the whole weekend. Could have won the game they lost (of course, could have lost the game today too). This Iowa team has played really well for 2 months now. They have put themselves in position to get into the NCAA tournament. Will they do it? I sure hope so. But the fact that most every year Iowa puts itself in a position where it has a legitimate shot to get into the NCAA by finishing strong is a testament to what Heller has done. Prior to 2015, that would have been a dream. Iowa had been to a NCAA tournament 1 time in the previous 40 years when Heller took over. To get them there twice in his first 5 years (last year no one had the chance to do it) is just amazing.

Sorry for the long reply, but just watching Iowa baseball be actually competitive and good is a sight to behold. Never really thought I would see it. I have concerns whether the pitching can hold up, but hopefully they can.

Great insight, and I agree. Dahm actually recruited pretty well but that never correlated on the field and in the win/loss column. I guess it’s one of those things of having been to a couple regionals, won the conference tournament, and so on. It keeps you wanting more as it’s one of the most exciting sports there is.

I hope the pitching can hold up down the stretch, Iowa will need it. They especially need it this weekend. Hoffman and Nedved have had a rough couple weeks, hopefully they get it fixed. This was the last four game weekend Iowa has scheduled, so Davitt will be available out of the bullpen as well. That helps. Iowa needs another arm to really step up. Grant Leonard has struggled off and on all year. Probst has pitched well in some limited duty as well.

Of note, hopefully Peyton Williams is able to bounce back in a hurry.

Dare I say this single game could keep them firmly in the post season hunt? A loss would have been devastating RPI wise, probably knocking them back into 55+ territory and having to take the series vs. Indiana. Kept fighting and sticking to the gameplan, much like a football game where you trail by 7-10 points the whole game and finally take the lead late in 4th q.
Live RPI of 40 right now, not too bad.

Dare I say this single game could keep them firmly in the post season hunt? A loss would have been devastating RPI wise, probably knocking them back into 55+ territory and having to take the series vs. Indiana. Kept fighting and sticking to the gameplan, much like a football game where you trail by 7-10 points the whole game and finally take the lead late in 4th q.
Live RPI of 40 right now, not too bad.

They wouldn’t have been out of it with a loss per say, but the margin or error would’ve been almost zero. Indiana has one of the best pitching staffs in the conference, if they give you free bases you better take advantage or you may have missed your opportunity.

Ez8r3rPUYAARL4Z

Ez8r3sqUUAEjVnt

Ez8r3p0VcAItGFp

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT