ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official NCAA round 1 thread*****

How the hell is EWU up 8 on Kansas and scored 46 points, at half?

I could have sworn KU was up 8, around the 8-10 mark left in the half, and EWU was still under 20 points scored.

How the hell is EWU up 8 on Kansas and scored 46 points, at half?

I could have sworn KU was up 8, around the 8-10 mark left in the half, and EWU was still under 20 points scored.

went on three point barrage to end the half.

pac 12 is appearing to be much stronger than most were giving credit for. Colorado was impressive.

Reactions: Moral
When you've lost 3 of 6 games in the first round, two of which were a 2 and 4 seed getting upset, that's bad.

I'm hoping the conference turns it around but so far it's been bad.
Weren't all 3 of those losses in overtime? It's not as if they got trounced. And after what WI did to UNC, I think there is more egg on the ACC than any league, especially losing 4 the first day.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Not complaining but maybe @luvmyhawks should rename this thread if this is intended to include the round 1 day 2 games. Else someone's going to start a new thread in a couple hours and end up splitting the posts...

Reactions: SotaHawk87
EWU played KU about even the first 5 minutes in second half bodes pretty well for a possible upset here.

The ncaa is so different where skills in film room study and strategy are deemphasized in favor of sideline tactics and presence of mind. No surprise that the early rounds can take out the methodical types. Wisconsin though was shining example of the opposite -- they beat unc like a rented mule

#metoo. Way more nervous than I feel like I should be for this one.
I am but not as bad after OSU lost yesterday. What scares me is Garza getting in foul trouble. That really should be all that stands between us and victory.

F*.

Having big timing problems in this KU-EWU game. Which wouldn't be a problem, but Iowa will be playing in the same place in about 3 & a half hours from now.

(hopefully its more an operator malfunction, and not system/electrical)

Unfortunate for Michigan that livers is out. They look damn good without him and would be a final 4 contender with him.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
This is gonna be a tough one for the Dogs. They do however look a little more relaxed than Thursday.

Anyone else getting tired of the "______ needs to get the jitters of the opening round out of the way" excuse given by the announcers?

These teams have played bball for like (at least) 3 months heading into this tournament, and the fan attendance is minimal here in Indianapolis.

That's gonna be my excuse when the Hawks don't win by a lot - or God forbid, don't win - later tonight. That they just couldn't shake the jitters of being in the NCAA Tournament; despite being in Indianapolis for 2.5 weeks, played the BTT there last week, and being a 2 vs a 15.

Here's hoping JBo and the shooters can do their best Yesufu impression all tourney long.

;)

Refs called a pretty straight game and tOSU did not know what to do on defense without the rough play. A lot of good B!G teams have lost for that reason through the years. tOSU didn't get the second half bail out from the officials they frequently get in conference games either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT