ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

2 years ago, it did. but yeah. you're even solidifying my point even further.

what, exactly, do you want me to say about Mesenbrink, Nagao, Dean or Truax?

what's the beef there? surely you understand the difference from this crop iowa just brought in, correct?
3 out of 4 that you know of portal guys vs. 1 portal guy and 2 grad transfers? Is that the difference? Why’s that bad?

Speaking of Nagao and Truax, both are good examples of treatment and perception in the media between two competing programs for their services.
PSU - what’s the beef?
Iowa - 🤑

Reactions: TailgateTom
Shady tactics would be Carl trying to get one of our guys to transfer a few years ago. Tactics like that are actually against the rules.
Who was being recruited to transfer?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Every athlete should know that they’re replaceable. If I’m a wrestler on a team like Iowa,PSU, OSU, etc I should be smart enough to know that if I’m not AA my coach is looking for someone that will. I don’t think the coach should have to have a conversation with every athlete on the roster to let them know I’m looking for better kids.
You're right, athletes should have the mindset they are replaceable, like all those in the workforce. But if Zach Glazier got blindsided by this without hearing anything previously from Brands, I can't agree with you there (and no, I'm not saying he did because I don't know).

All I'm saying is that there should be some communication, especially when it involves a current starter. Just because they might be better doesn't mean you don't need to have tough conversations...

You're right, athletes should have the mindset they are replaceable, like all those in the workforce. But if Zach Glazier got blindsided by this without hearing anything previously from Brands, I can't agree with you there (and no, I'm not saying he did because I don't know).

All I'm saying is that there should be some communication, especially when it involves a current starter. Just because they might be better doesn't mean you don't need to have tough conversations...
Wasn't there communication enough last year when they had the A.J. experiment?

Reactions: Bobhaywood
Just wanted to say I liked your post on what was going on in the osu room with the drinking arrests etc. It was relevant off season information. Just needed to leave out the one piece, but you clearly have good sources. Even though that poke moderator tried discrediting you over and over because their wonderboy can do no wrong.
Thanks, and I do regret the one piece!

Reactions: acuhawk
if someone has a college wrestling podcast and the most historic program in wrestling gets 3 perennial all american transfers and they DONT talk about it, they aren't doing their job.

it's not about 'clicks' ffs. unless you're in some kind of weird denial, it's undoubtedly the biggest story in wrestling at the moment.
Willie, be honest, did Michigan or PSU get this type of attention when they did the exct same thing just last year? or Okie st this year? come on man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT