ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

2 years ago, it did.

what, exactly, do you want me to say about Mesenbrink, Nagao, Dean or Truax?

what's the beef there? surely you understand the difference from this crop iowa just brought in, correct?
If the portal mattered then, but doesn't matter now, what's YOUR beef? Seems like the fence gets moved depending on who brings guys in.

The future felon chimes in
Riggins should transfer: He's behind Kennedy and Arnold no matter who transferred in. Hill knew all along that Keuter was being recruited and committed to Iowa. Cobe should have no beef, he violated team and NCAA rules and lost a year which forced Brands to land Franek/Caliendo. Glazier decided to come back for a COVID year and did get a bit screwed but knew the scenario when Iowa was recruiting AJ. Not sure where the "surprise" element is here?

2 years ago, it did. but yeah. you're even solidifying my point even further.

what, exactly, do you want me to say about Mesenbrink, Nagao, Dean or Truax?

what's the beef there? surely you understand the difference from this crop iowa just brought in, correct?
You may very well not be approaching this with any intended beef/bias. However, I do think there is an inherent bias that does influence your tone.

As far as optics go, you tossed out a massive, crazy and even now strongly refuted price tag on the offer it took to land Buchanan. When you haven't listed figures or made them an issue for ANY other transfer to ANY other school, can you not see why your motives are questioned?

Again, you may truly believe you are approaching this with little to no bias. Hell, I am even starting to believe that myself. But, HOW you present it makes it hard for most to see that...

Reactions: Bobhaywood
Loyalty matters to me as well, however as I interpreted trapper, the irrelevance of it is really hard to swallow. I guess wrestling follows the business world, you can’t let emotions be a part of the equation to reach the end goal.
I wish all the transfers the best and truly hope they prosper. It was exciting to watch them improve and contribute, albeit not at the level Iowa needed to compete for Championships. They are great individuals who have my respect and appreciation.
I can’t see Brands not letting them out of their scholarships and wishing them good luck to pursue their goals & dreams.
They can’t do much else, if Iowa Wrestling is to become relevant. It has to be gut wrenching for them and the pressures on them are immense.
Agree with this, but emotions are rarely not part of the equation, which makes things tough.

I'll never know what was done or said behind closed doors, but if Brands and Co. brought in the current guys on the roster, told them where things were possibly going, got their input and then moved forward, it changes things for me.
If Brands simply went behind their back, got someone they think is better and blindsided the current guys, that's not the way to go about it to me. Again, I'll never know what happened and I'll give Brands and Co the benefit of the doubt form what I see on the outside, but it's a tough situation all around.

Bottom line, NIL has created all of this. I was never on board with it from the beginning, and I think this is a direct result....

I’d argue it wasn’t Tom’s fault at all, as he wasn’t on the Iowa roster at any time. BUT, I’m simply just a lowly member of the dick nose contingent, so take it FWIW.
Maybe a proud dick nose like yourself could post the injuries for Iowa the last couple of years compared to other teams in the top 20. Start with Penn state if you want. You may find that the dick nose contingent is above your pay grade. Or you can keep regurgitating the same propaganda that the anti Hawks push.

Maybe a proud dick nose like yourself could post the injuries for Iowa the last couple of years compared to other teams in the top 20. Start with Penn state if you want. You may find that the dick nose contingent is above your pay grade. Or you can keep regurgitating the same propaganda that the anti Hawks push.
I guess I could turn a complete blind eye to reality like you.

Reactions: vhsalum
Agree with this, but emotions are rarely not part of the equation, which makes things tough.

I'll never know what was done or said behind closed doors, but if Brands and Co. brought in the current guys on the roster, told them where things were possibly going, got their input and then moved forward, it changes things for me.
If Brands simply went behind their back, got someone they think is better and blindsided the current guys, that's not the way to go about it to me. Again, I'll never know what happened and I'll give Brands and Co the benefit of the doubt form what I see on the outside, but it's a tough situation all around.

Bottom line, NIL has created all of this. I was never on board with it from the beginning, and I think this is a direct result....
Every athlete should know that they’re replaceable. If I’m a wrestler on a team like Iowa,PSU, OSU, etc I should be smart enough to know that if I’m not AA my coach is looking for someone that will. I don’t think the coach should have to have a conversation with every athlete on the roster to let them know I’m looking for better kids.

that's fair.

i just don't know why i get dragged into it or accused of it. i have a love-hate with what Iowa does and how they do it currently. i freely (and repeatedly) admit that. i don't mind if you take some offense to what i say (provided it's actually what i said). but i call it how i see it.

and to suggest some ulterior, mischievous motive because i merely talk about it is not only trying too hard, it's not part of reality. media is going to talk about major developments at a perennial power.
. You should know that one of Iowa's wrestlers was recruited last year at NCAA's 15 minutes before his match. I was on the other side of the curtain and heard it. The coach didn't know I was there. The wrestler comes around and says " that mother****** just tried recruiting me. This shit is getting cut throat" . I just said focus on your effing match. It's garbage that "media" folks try to paint Iowa as the bad guy when they are doing things within the rules trying to compete with other teams and their compliance departments that love the gray area. Any above board neutral "media" guy would actually be sticking up for Iowa right now saying they're just doing what any coach or team would do if they have the resources.

Every athlete should know that they’re replaceable. If I’m a wrestler on a team like Iowa,PSU, OSU, etc I should be smart enough to know that if I’m not AA my coach is looking for someone that will. I don’t think the coach should have to have a conversation with every athlete on the roster to let them know I’m looking for better kids.
I think that's right. If you've had at least a full year in the program and then a varsity spot for a full year and don't AA....

Reactions: tiltman
I'll stick up for Willie for a second. Between the Ferrari fiasco and now buying one year rentals with shady tactics are doing him no favors. Brands keeps giving the wrestling media ammo because he's lost control of the team.
Shady tactics would be Carl trying to get one of our guys to transfer a few years ago. Tactics like that are actually against the rules. Can you be more specific about Iowa's shady tactics? Make sure you support your claim with facts, otherwise you will be relegated to the dick nose club with Tom and vhs

Last edited:
. You should know that one of Iowa's wrestlers was recruited last year at NCAA's 15 minutes before his match. I was on the other side of the curtain and heard it. The coach didn't know I was there. The wrestler comes around and says " that mother****** just tried recruiting me. This shit is getting cut throat" . I just said focus on your effing match. It's garbage that "media" folks try to paint Iowa as the bad guy when they are doing things within the rules trying to compete with other teams and their compliance departments that love the gray area. Any above board neutral "media" guy would actually be sticking up for Iowa right now saying they're just doing what any coach or team would do if they have the resources.
So was one of OSU's wrestlers. I was there as Hamiti was being talked to at NCAAs as well.

• Wow
Reactions: vhsalum and acuhawk
Lol, and all those PSU and UM and tOSU transfers were free.
who said they were free?

maybe you live in an iowa bubble, but i was plenty (and frequently) critical of michigan.

- tOSU: i'm not sure who you're talking about
- PSU: i'm not sure what criticism you want here. they all went in the portal. seemed to be standard procedure.

91knor.jpg

No idea what you're trying to do here. This is sad and confusing.

Off the top of my head (I'm not going back year by year) we've had guys like: Marinelli, Kemerer, Spencer, Eierman, Woods, Morningstar, McDonough, Telford and Nick Moore hurt by the end of their careers. That doesn't include the exception to the rule of Corey Clark who was also hurt. But that's beside the point. If you were behind the curtain for that "recruitment" this is all I need to know about what color sunglasses you're wearing lmao.

who said they were free?

maybe you live in an iowa bubble, but i was plenty (and frequently) critical of michigan.

- tOSU: i'm not sure who you're talking about
- PSU: i'm not sure what criticism you want here. they all went in the portal. seemed to be standard procedure.
So for Buchanan and Teemer you feel the need to report the $$$ figures, but for those other guys, there was $$$ involved but you didn't feel the need to report those figures. Lol.

. You should know that one of Iowa's wrestlers was recruited last year at NCAA's 15 minutes before his match.
lol.

i'm not difficult to get ahold of if you wanted that story out there. i was supposed to be aware of that incident how?
Any above board neutral "media" guy would actually be sticking up for Iowa right now saying they're just doing what any coach or team would do if they have the resources.
I literally spent the first half of the show saying just that.

i don't think you people actually listen to/watch/read. it's abundantly clear you're either taking snippets or building off the half truths and asinine assertions on the board.

So for Buchanan and Teemer you feel the need to report the $$$ figures, but for those other guys, there was $$$ involved but you didn't feel the need to report those figures. Lol.
no. no 'need'. for instance i didn't report the offers to Lilledahl, Ramos, Real, Truax, Kueter, Drake, Gabe, etc, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: bammhawk1
91knor.jpg

No idea what you're trying to do here. This is sad and confusing.

Off the top of my head (I'm not going back year by year) we've had guys like: Marinelli, Kemerer, Spencer, Eierman, Woods, Morningstar, McDonough, Telford and Nick Moore hurt by the end of their careers. That doesn't include the exception to the rule of Corey Clark who was also hurt. But that's beside the point. If you were behind the curtain for that "recruitment" this is all I need to know about what color sunglasses you're wearing lmao.
Oh so you don't want to compare Iowa to other teams the last 2 years because it's easier to regurgitate your redundant claims without having any facts. Perfectly fitting of a dick nose. Then go back as many years as you want, but make sure to post other teams injuries as well. Or don't but don't act like it's facts without details of other teams.

Last edited:
Puzzled by Hawk fan spats with Willie. I don’t even think Ann Arbor’s Mercenary U ever lured the prior year’s #2, #3, and #5 for a go, so when a perennial, legendary power does it, that IS the top off-season story. His appearances with Basch seem objective and fair, and he’s certainly no Lion homer (that’s the other cat). In fact, he often crosses swords over in the den.
These boards and Basch are all I know of him, but what leaps out is solid insight, top-shelf intel, and funny counterpunching on threads. I understand his HS recruit data (Big Board?) is outstanding, too. If anything, far from an anti-Iowa vibe, I sense (in Willie) the excitement we all feel for a much more competitive season, including the showcase Hawk-Lion dual.

lol.

i'm not difficult to get ahold of if you wanted that story out there. i was supposed to be aware of that incident how?

I literally spent the first half of the show saying just that.

i don't think you people actually listen to/watch/read. it's abundantly clear you're either taking snippets or building off the half truths and asinine assertions on the board.
Well now you know.

As for your 2nd part. I quoted you but wasn't specifically going after you if that makes sense? I haven't listened to your show, but was generalizing how biased the wrestling media has been towards a team that hasn't broken any rules. Especially really pushing rooms guys getting screwed over when so many teams have brought transfers in over their room guys. Hell Carl has brought transfers in over returning AA's and over top 10 p4p recruits who didn't even get a chance to see if they could be the man.

i spelled “buffoon “ wrong in here the other day and got called a poor journalist for it.

if i had to do it over again i would have said i did it on purpose bc that’s what we do here. big fail on my part.
As you rightfully should, only a buffoon spells buffoon wrong.

But there be 3 ironclad rules 'round these here parts.

1: proper usage of moran.
2: percentages are or add up to 83%.
3: when speaking about a sister, girlfriend, or wife pictures are mandatory.

So far you've been clear of rule #3, but now you know it's exist.

I'll stick up for Willie for a second. Between the Ferrari fiasco and now buying one year rentals with shady tactics are doing him no favors. Brands keeps giving the wrestling media ammo because he's lost control of the team.
Oh BS. I'm not sticking up for TnT bc I personally believe it's time for change but the transfer in and out garbage has been perfected by Cael and PSU over the years... everyone else is just starting to get in the game. 4 of their 10 starters were transfers last year alone, and they all bumped out some other wrestler who surely was lead to believe he had a shot at earning a spot in the lineup. I applaud Iowa for doing what it takes to get back in the game (that by and large Cael helped create), even if it is messy.

So was one of OSU's wrestlers. I was there as Hamiti was being talked to at NCAAs as well.
Just wanted to say I liked your post on what was going on in the osu room with the drinking arrests etc. It was relevant off season information. Just needed to leave out the one piece, but you clearly have good sources. Even though that poke moderator tried discrediting you over and over because their wonderboy can do no wrong.

Last edited:
Shady tactics would be Carl trying to get one of our guys to transfer a few years ago. Tactics like that are actually against the rules. Can you be more specific about Iowa's shady tactics? Make sure you support your claim with facts, otherwise you will be relegated to the dick nose club with Tom and vhs

My guy. you really do have a fascination "dick nose" and "scrotums"

Something you want let out? There a closet you can't get out of? Blink twice if you're in danger and you're family won't accept you for you.

Reactions: TailgateTom
Oh so you don't want to compare Iowa to other teams the last 2 years because it's easier to regurgitate your redundant claims without having any facts. Perfectly fitting of a dick nose. Then go back as many years as you want, but make sure to post other teams injuries as well. Or don't but don't act like it's facts without details of other teams.
I just listed a bunch of guys off the top of my head who had injuries that lowered their ceiling at the end of the careers. If other teams are having that many bullets taken out of their guns on a regular basis, it sure isn't impacting them the same. Maybe they just have better coaching??

I just listed a bunch of guys off the top of my head who had injuries that lowered their ceiling at the end of the careers. If other teams are having that many bullets taken out of their guns on a regular basis, it sure isn't impacting them the same. Maybe they just have better coaching??
As expected No facts and moved goal posts from the last 2 years. I brought up 2 years because that's how long guys have been wearing rings to monitor recovery and making other changes yearly. I don't expect you to understand the point.

Last edited:
  • Haha
As expected No facts to back it up.
Since you have such direct and intimate knowledge of every single wrestling program in the country, I trust you can provide such a list covering the past 15 years, disproving my claim. Either provide such list within the hour or GFY. Show me your facts. You're on the clock.

Say it with your chest. This is an anonymous message board. You heard it firsthand, right? What was the program that tried to recruit one of our guys?

He literally listed facts you bumbling illiterate moran.
You weren't part of this discussion assclown and I stated the last 2 years. I also stated to list other teams as well for comparison since he wants to bring up the same complaint every few weeks. By the way, did Dresser give you permission to remove your lips from his balls you sketchy POS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT