ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

He's not in the portal. Enticing him to enter the portal, offering money to transfer - GIVING money to apply - is against the rules. Obviously, the NCAA isn't doing anything about it. But the heat is definitely on, especially against the Hawks/Tom right now. The NCAA has received multiple complaints with evidence from 3 schools.

It's not that hard. You can't recruit a guy on another team and not in the portal. Enforcement is another story.

Still no idea why "everyone" seems to think Teemer can get in the portal. If ASU isn't revoking his scholarship I I see no rule that allows him to get in the portal. The days of "once you graduate you can go anywhere you want, whenever you want" are decidedly over.
so if you play by the “rules” it means you can’t contact until they announce they are in the portal and can be contacted, as long as you don’t put a do not contact when you announce your in the portal. Is the wrestler who announces they are in the portal allowed to have discussions with other teams, if they initiate the discussions?
I am sure all teams have played by the rules, especially when a transfer puts a do not contact restriction upon announcement of entering the portal.

Last edited:
Reactions: yerk40
so if you play by the “rules” it means you have to announce you’re in the portal and can be contacted, as long as you don’t put a do not contact when you announce your in the portal. Is the wrestler who announces they are in the portal allowed to have discussions with other teams, if they initiate the discussions?
I am sure all teams play by the “rules”?

You just asked what the rules where. I basically told you.

But yes they are allowed to both reach out and be reached out to, if in the portal and not "do not contact."

It's not that hard. You can't recruit a guy on another team and not in the portal. Enforcement is another story.

Still no idea why "everyone" seems to think Teemer can get in the portal. If ASU isn't revoking his scholarship I I see no rule that allows him to get in the portal. The days of "once you graduate you can go anywhere you want, whenever you want" are decidedly over.

A little more nuanced than that.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2024/4/17...uncil-approves-changes-to-transfer-rules.aspx

As a grad student - if he's accepted into grad school, he's immediately eligible. But because he didn't enter the portal - he'd have to apply for a waiver. Which he'd probably get because the NCAA is loathe to not grant eligibility.

And yet I was blasted by several posters as "just looking to argue" on here for simply saying such to Willie, without saying any specific team was doing it?

Perspective is a big thing. With the court injunction that is currently filed, I assume that everyone offering money right now believes they can with no repercussions. If so, I would say it is the literal opposite of embarrassing if those with the "funds" are doing everything they can to bring in an NCAA Finalist(3xAA)....

I personally think it's embarrassing. It's also widely viewed as embarrassing to the general wrestling public and to the other D1 coaches. Considering the number being offered, why hasn't he transferred already? Because we have a really bad/embarrassing reputation as desperate and just a bad place to win chips.

so if you play by the “rules” it means you have to announce you’re in the portal and can be contacted, as long as you don’t put a do not contact when you announce your in the portal. Is the wrestler who announces they are in the portal allowed to have discussions with other teams, if they initiate the discussions?
I am sure all teams play by the “rules”?

Yes, by the "rules" you have to enter the portal to transfer (even grad students), otherwise you lose the year. The wrestler who puts "do not contact" can initiate any conversation with any program - but can not be contacted first by any program. Obviously not all teams play by the "rules." One of which is us.

A little more nuanced than that.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2024/4/17...uncil-approves-changes-to-transfer-rules.aspx

As a grad student - if he's accepted into grad school, he's immediately eligible. But because he didn't enter the portal - he'd have to apply for a waiver. Which he'd probably get because the NCAA is loathe to not grant eligibility.

A transfer is immediately eligible and doesn't have to sit out. But they still have to follow the portal rules in order to transfer. Like you said...some sort of waiver would be required. Agreed that they had them out like candy these days.

It is a rule to not jaywalk as well but good luck flagging down cops in downtown Iowa City to hand out tickets. That is akin to the NCAA nailing Iowa here as wrestling is probably on their pay no mind list.

That being said Cobe is going to be problems next year for 157s out there. Just needs to be healthy in March, which I think is a concern.

It is a rule to not jaywalk as well but good luck flagging down cops in downtown Iowa City to hand out tickets. That is akin to the NCAA nailing Iowa here as wrestling is probably on their pay no mind list.

That being said Cobe is going to be problems next year for 157s out there. Just needs to be healthy in March, which I think is a concern.

What about enticing someone to jaywalk?

I don't believe the staff would blatantly break the rules and rely on the NCAA just not enforcing the rules as their reasoning for ignoring them. Especially after getting the hammer dropped on Iowa for the gambling fiasco. Taking anything Patty Cakes says about Iowa as facts would be a big mistake for starters.

I personally think it's embarrassing. It's also widely viewed as embarrassing to the general wrestling public and to the other D1 coaches. Considering the number being offered, why hasn't he transferred already? Because we have a really bad/embarrassing reputation as desperate and just a bad place to win chips.
Can't emphasize enough how important it is for the staff to get over the hump here. They have to put guys on the top of the podium. That is the key to recruiting. Everything else is a shortcut.

The more high-end recruits that leave Iowa City without a title, the fewer high-end recruits the hawks will land going forward.

I'd rather this team take 8th with 2 individual champs than 2nd with none. That's how this thing gets back on track longterm.

That's assuming minyahole is actually right and his info isn't dated or biased or made up or intentional fake news.

I don't believe the staff would blatantly break the rules and rely on the NCAA just not enforcing the rules as their reasoning for ignoring them. Especially after getting the hammer dropped on Iowa for the gambling fiasco. Taking anything Patty Cakes says about Iowa as facts would be a big mistake for starters.

Not getting my updates from Minyeow.

Put it like this. Tom and Pritts got into at the OTC.

• Haha
Reactions: wrestlecrazy
Man. I always say we.

I'm a Hawk fan till I die. They're the first team I ever knew existed. I thought they were literal super heroes. Do I think we should/should have moved on from TNT? Yup. Doesn't take away my love for the Black and Gold.

I'm pretty specific in most conversations - so if I'm leveling something, I want to be specific. I say "we" - because I'm a hawk fan - and it's not like its accurate to say Tom is offering Jacori. Technically he's not.
It's frustrating when people confuse genuine criticism with being against the team. I criticize this staff because I have more fun when the hawks win and I want more of that.

And I'm still going to root for TNT to succeed as long as they're here, even if I don't think they'll get it done.

Man. I always say we.

I'm a Hawk fan till I die.
Lies No GIF

LOL.

Me criticizing TNT has nothing to do with my love for the Hawks. I just think its fairly obvious we won't win another team title with Tom as Head Coach.

My youngest daughter's first piece of clothing was an Iowa Hawkeye onesie. The only poster my son ever hung up in his room was the one with every Hawk NCAA Champ and Olympic champ on it that I bought after he "chose" wrestling. Only sports team clothing I wear is Hawk gear.

Pat Mineo lurks on here. Lmao. What a turd
Ill bet he is doing more than lurking. we just haven't figured out his username yet. Also VHS is definitely Pyles. someone els pointed this out a while back and it all just keeps adding up - he's at the OTC. He has a son wearing Hawkeye gear. Sometimes he references the Hawks as us or we, but also slips up sometimes and says them or they.

That would take quite the pair. There would be blood. I’m afraid of running into Bonnie and am over 2,000 miles from IC. (Bonnie is one of my favorite people from our hometown.)
Right after me I assume...

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Ill bet he is doing more than lurking. we just haven't figured out his username yet. Also VHS is definitely Pyles. someone els pointed this out a while back and it all just keeps adding up - he's at the OTC. He has a son wearing Hawkeye gear. Sometimes he references the Hawks as us or we, but also slips up sometimes and says them or they.
Was Pyles ever on the Hawks wrestling team? Because I’m pretty sure vhs WAS….

Reactions: HawkFan1986
My interpretation...lost in all of this might be that Teemer is DAF for either trying to play both sides here in that he even agreed to come to IC if he has no intention of leaving ASU or...B...he's jerking ASU around.

Either way...fvck this clown. $25K isn't worth tarnishing your reputation for.
Them again, maybe he's just a dumbass?

Reactions: vhsalum
Mineo practices that special kind of journalism where you throw shit at walls and hope something sticks

He's not in the portal. Enticing him to enter the portal, offering money to transfer - GIVING money to apply - is against the rules. Obviously, the NCAA isn't doing anything about it. But the heat is definitely on, especially against the Hawks/Tom right now. The NCAA has received multiple complaints with evidence from 3 schools.
Here is an article about Teemer from April 30, 2024 stating he had already graduated with his bachelor's and was in the midst of completing his Masters in 3 semesters. Not sure how this all works but sure seems like he'd fit the criteria of Grad Transfer...no?

Pat Mineo lurks on here. Lmao. What a turd
Biggest problem with Mineo is when he is wrong he never admits it. Some stuff he puts out is correct and some is wrong. When he is wrong he has never admitted it. He knows what he is doing being the heel to Iowa fans and getting reactions from them to get clicks and traction on his social media. The smartest person was Bassett using Mineo to share post to get more traction on Bo's social media. Bassett knew Mineo would jump on the bandwagon and do what he told him to do.

Here is an article about Teemer from April 30, 2024 stating he had already graduated with his bachelor's and was in the midst of completing his Masters in 3 semesters. Not sure how this all works but sure seems like he'd fit the criteria of Grad Transfer...no?

The issue is that even grad transfer must enter the portal during their sport’s window, not whether he’s a grad transfer or not. The rule that a grad transfer can transfer at any time is no longer in effect.

The issue is that even grad transfer must enter the portal during their sport’s window, not whether he’s a grad transfer or not. The rule that a grad transfer can transfer at any time is no longer in effect.
So the takeaway is teamer can’t transfer to Iowa because he wasn’t in the portal ? Time to move on to other realistic options for 157 this fall.

Kinda like saying mineo is paid to say things against the hawks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT