ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

I didn’t realize assistants had more than single year contracts.

I don’t think that is the case anywhere else or even any other sport.

So if Tom gets fired, the new head coach would have to keep the assistants because they are still under contract?

No. They just get fired, too. If a new coach doesn’t want to retain them.

Assistant coaches only working on one year contracts in college sports is a thing of the past. Not saying it doesn’t happen but multi year contracts are now common.

Reactions: Hawkgma and vhsalum
Multi-hawk isn’t far off.

Teemer was in the room and he has applied (got $25k to do so, btw)

Its a lot of money to turn down for one freaking year ($500k) - so I get the interest by Teemer.

But he’s also in contact with his coaches at ASU and they are reporting it to the NCAA.

Its a lot of money to turn down for one freaking year ($500k) - so I get the interest by Teemer.

But he’s also in contact with his coaches at ASU and they are reporting it to the NCAA.
So, how much would they pay Bo Bassett to apply?

That Iowa keeps pursuing Teemer. He already told them no. So now we're just risking the NCAA ACTUALLY doing something.

Womens Rights No GIF by Mic

But….. We bought dinner. Will you Venmo us half the bill?

• Haha
Reactions: Gusaford

Teemer was 2nd grad transfer to apply actually and that figure is significantly inflated.

No shit. I'm sick of poor recruiting followed by throwing money at 1 year band aids.

We’ve had 1 one year band aid at 57 last year and that’s because of gambling. That also came with a 3 year upgrade at 165. The rest have been multiple years. Also, if you have a spot that is not a sure fire AA, why wouldn’t you go after a proven guy? This happens in the pros all the time.

I agree on the recruiting but there are very few “sure” things out there. I think we got one in Angelo. My main concern is that there are a bevy of little guys that sure pass the eye test that we aren’t getting which is odd concerning our history there.

That Iowa keeps pursuing Teemer. He already told them no. So now we're just risking the NCAA ACTUALLY doing something.
I had not heard he told them no. When was this and is it just a rumor or has it been verified?

I had not heard he told them no. When was this and is it just a rumor or has it been verified?

He's told them no, he's told his (ASU) coaches multiple times that we're recruiting him. Which has led to ASU reporting Tom now 2 times.

And yet... The kid is still mulling it. It's a lot of money. This is the new era of recruiting and Iowa is playing it the hardest.

Reactions: Zapuj268
He's told them no, he's told his (ASU) coaches multiple times that we're recruiting him. Which has led to ASU reporting Tom now 2 times.

And yet... The kid is still mulling it. It's a lot of money. This is the new era of recruiting and Iowa is playing it the hardest.
I noticed you started saying “we” lately. May I ask what changed?

Does Teemer have his B.A/B.S? It appears he applied for grad school. If you have your bachelors and are on a team going to grad school are you still under scholarship?
If a wrestler is on a rooster and not on scholarship, do the same recruiting violation rules apply, as being on scholarship?

Last edited:
I noticed you started saying “we” lately. May I ask what changed?
Man. I always say we.

I'm a Hawk fan till I die. They're the first team I ever knew existed. I thought they were literal super heroes. Do I think we should/should have moved on from TNT? Yup. Doesn't take away my love for the Black and Gold.

I'm pretty specific in most conversations - so if I'm leveling something, I want to be specific. I say "we" - because I'm a hawk fan - and it's not like its accurate to say Tom is offering Jacori. Technically he's not.

Does Teemer have his B.A/B.S? If yes, is he in Grad School and still under scholarship?
I am just curious about recruiting violation rules

He's not in the portal. Enticing him to enter the portal, offering money to transfer - GIVING money to apply - is against the rules. Obviously, the NCAA isn't doing anything about it. But the heat is definitely on, especially against the Hawks/Tom right now. The NCAA has received multiple complaints with evidence from 3 schools.

Does Teemer have his B.A/B.S? If yes, is he in Grad School and still under scholarship?
I am just curious about recruiting violation rules

It's not that hard. You can't recruit a guy on another team and not in the portal. Enforcement is another story.

Still no idea why "everyone" seems to think Teemer can get in the portal. If ASU isn't revoking his scholarship I I see no rule that allows him to get in the portal. The days of "once you graduate you can go anywhere you want, whenever you want" are decidedly over.

Reactions: vhsalum
He's not in the portal. Enticing him to enter the portal, offering money to transfer - GIVING money to apply - is against the rules. Obviously, the NCAA isn't doing anything about it. But the heat is definitely on, especially against the Hawks/Tom right now. The NCAA has received multiple complaints with evidence from 3 schools.
And yet I was blasted by several posters as "just looking to argue" on here for simply saying such to Willie, without saying any specific team was doing it?

Perspective is a big thing. With the court injunction that is currently filed, I assume that everyone offering money right now believes they can with no repercussions. If so, I would say it is the literal opposite of embarrassing if those with the "funds" are doing everything they can to bring in an NCAA Finalist(3xAA)....

Reactions: vhsalum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT