ADVERTISEMENT

Official Portal Watch

Makes me wonder if he wants to wrestle right out of the gate. Can he beat Brands for 184 or maybe looking at going for the start at 197 this year. I hope Gabe is our 174 unless PK or Brands is really taking it to him, Arnold is one of those that seems best under the bright lights in big situations. I still think Arnold would have AA'd at both 74 or 84 last year. So anyway, it would be nice to see Arnold and Ferrari in the Nattys this year.
Or maybe Brands wasn’t joking when he said he’s going 174.

Whoever wins the 174 spot is gonna be one heck of a wrestler.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
If Zach was beat out this year by undersized freshman Ferrari after getting rid of AJ, Zach have to be on suicide watch😂
Zach was good in the easier part of his schedule last year but had nothing with the big boys at NCAA. He knows how to watch on the bench and be ready if needed.

Sounds like some of you on here were multi time national champs and all americans judging how we talk about past and current wrestlers.

Yes but like our big competitor, if we have top talent true freshman, then let's go. He is definitely upgrade at 97.

197? He's "settling in at 195" which means that's his walking around weight. 197 pounders walk around north of 210, some 220 or more. He's NOT a 197.

He seems to be better at freestyle. May be one of those guys that makes more noise as senior freestyle wrestler than he did in college.

He went through a pillow soft field at U23s. His R12 at NCAAs wrestling up in a strong weight class was every bit the achievement. A big showing at worlds would change my mind, but I don't expect one. Here's to him killing it, though.

Outsider gut take: Angelo believes he’s ready out-of-the-box and plans to prove it. He’s seen others (Spencer, Haines, Shapiro, etc., hell, even Kasak) have shirtless success and is convinced he will, too. Not self-destructive like his brothers, he’s what every true phenom is, impatient to compete and show his skill on the big stage. If he’s beating either of the expected starters in the room, turn the kid loose. The portal means you almost have to.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT